Your players to watch at KC

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Exittium":7t7zt1bz said:
Would Lockett in the return game be more like Tate or Leon Washington. Overall I'm looking at everything tbh. So many guys to see. I'm excited to see if Clark can keep things going into this week.

I'd say more like Tate, in that he has that shiftyness and vision and less speed and quickness like Washington

Overseasfan

Reaction score
1. Justin Britt, he is a promising talent but RT doesn't really seem right for him. If he can step up at LG that would cause the Oline to become a lot better right away.

2. On the bubble WRs. Lockette, Norwood, Williams, Smith and Daniels are competing for 2 or maybe 3 jobs behind Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett and Matthews. So far all of them have made a strong case for themselves and I'm excited to see this battle unfold.

3. Ronald Martin, most positions seem kind of set but then this guy pops up. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he beats out the less than stellar Shead and Terrell for the back up FS spot.

grizbob

Reaction score
I'll end up doing what I always do and watch the ball and then read about the positional malfunctions real or imagined here. :oops:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3cd2ruf4 said:
Exittium":3cd2ruf4 said:
Would Lockett in the return game be more like Tate or Leon Washington. Overall I'm looking at everything tbh. So many guys to see. I'm excited to see if Clark can keep things going into this week.

I'd say more like Tate, in that he has that shiftyness and vision and less speed and quickness like Washington

Pulling away at the end of that 103 yd return prompting the "legit 4.3 guy" quote Pete = "less speed?" Who have you been watching? This guy has the rare combo of quickness AND speed. Did Leon run a 4.2???

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Overseasfan":10q3efpx said:
1. Justin Britt, he is a promising talent but RT doesn't really seem right for him. If he can step up at LG that would cause the Oline to become a lot better right away.

2. On the bubble WRs. Lockette, Norwood, Williams, Smith and Daniels are competing for 2 or maybe 3 jobs behind Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett and Matthews. So far all of them have made a strong case for themselves and I'm excited to see this battle unfold.

3. Ronald Martin, most positions seem kind of set but then this guy pops up. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he beats out the less than stellar Shead and Terrell for the back up FS spot.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm intrigued by Pete's "looks like it comes naturally" comment about Martin at SS. I love to see someone come out of nowhere and do well. I hope he sticks somehow. The other 'nobody' I want to see show up again is T.Y. McGill because we can really use quality depth in the interior. Seems like he has more of an upside than McDonald did -stronger at the point of attack with equal or better quickness.

I would like to see Cable finally settle on our OL starters so they can start learning about each other. My hope is that Nowak has learned enough about pre-snap reads/adjustments. We can really use his stoutness; I can't remember the last time we had that combo of power and athleticism at C. Seems like the LG spot has plenty of competition, but at what level? Appears that none of them have risen above backup level, or somebody would have stood out by now. Very disquieting to me. Hopefully Britt steps up. No sense worrying about RG since nobody came close to challenging Sweez. Will try to watch Gilliam as close as possible against KC. Hopefully LG and RT show immediate improvement.

For the receivers, I'd love to see Kevin Smith show up again. I'm a bit worried about Lockett beating jams in an actual game. During some of the TC audio, Coach Richard was really riding him about 'getting open.' This is a known weakness of his that hopefully Baldwin can help him overcome. He certainly has the requisite quickness. After moving up in the draft to get him, I'd hate to see him disappear on game days.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Grizbob,”
I'll end up doing what I always do and watch the ball and then read about the positional malfunctions real or imagined here. ”

Chris,”
I want to watch for rhythm, when they line up and snap and how fast they get back and do it again, when it appears clunky you know people are having issues and need help in the huddles.

That or arguing over the play call and how Russell should audible. ”

And since it shall be my first preseason game to see, I want to see what "Noeh Lockett" does. Want to see if he parts the red (k) C.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
chris98251":30c8qxeh said:
I want to watch for rhythm, when they line up and snap and how fast they get back and do it again, when it appears clunky you know people are having issues and need help in the huddles.

:)

Getting in and out of the huddle is key to wearing down defences, it also takes more energy to re-act then to act, so if they can hurry them to the LOS it pays off hugh in the fouth quarter.

chris, you made a very good point here! Cheers
:th2thumbs:

cover-2

Reaction score
1. (RT) Gilliam played really well at LT but will one week be enough for him to be comfortable with his footwork at RT.

2. (LG) Britt should be very solid given a few starts at LG. Britt and Sweezy give us two ornery OG's.

3. (OC) Nowack held up fairly well last week and I want to see if he can have another good week with the starting offense.

4. (LB) KPL so far he seems to be injury prone. We will probably need a new starting LB next year, assuming we loose Irvin, KPL has the speed to play on the weak side. I want to see him flying around the field.

5. (DT) Jesse Williams got quite a few reps last week and did very well against the run. We need a back up run stuffing DT backing up Rubin and if Williams can't stay healthy during the preseason then we need to sign another run stuffing DT before the season starts.

6. (CB) Simon is a guy I'm hoping pans out. 6-3 CB's are so hard to find, the dudes length is incredible. I hope Sherman's work ethic has rubbed off on him.

7. (DT) TY McGill quickness really showed up last week. Getting two rookies that can provide consistent pressure from the inside is like finding gold. Can McGill show up again this week.

8. (OT) Poole I thought did a decent job at RT last week and I will be watching how the big man does this week.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Fade":i1u2fvfo said:
HawkAroundTheClock":i1u2fvfo said:
Justin Britt at LG. I wonder if he'll stay out there a little longer. It would be nice to get an early, decent sample size at his new position.
I surmise the Hawks will play the starting O-Line most of the 1st half, save for Okung.

Well if that's the case then we will see if Wilson will be protected what he can do then.

a long way till the actual season starts see so many players we will never see again.