Votes: 6 5.5%
  • DangeRuss

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

mikeak

Reaction score
Debate it here. Shut Up in every other thread about other subjects where individuals are using an acronym for Russell Wilson that you don't like. There are at least two threads right now about something completely different that are infected by stupid comments about what to call Russell Wilson

So lets make this the official Russell Wilson name debate thread and you people can rehash the same thing over and over again and leave the other threads alone. So next time you see RW3 and want to :pukeface: then come here and go RW3 :pukeface: and leave that thread alone....

Sounds good?

seahawksfanatic000

Reaction score
Google RW3 and nothing comes up, and EVERYTHING IS ON THE INTERNET. If it were a worthy nickname it should show up somewhere....

run and shoot

Reaction score
They used it on NFL AM when comparing the two this morning... I wanted to punch the tv.

Veilside

Reaction score
I'm sticking with Dangeruss, and good idea with this thread; I was gettin sick of threads getting highjacked because of this.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Thank you for this thread its sadly long overdue. If we isolate the infection that is pointless name debates in one thread then we can destroy said thread with a laser, perfect! :0190l:

SoCalHawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1xb0zhvw said:
I think a poll may be needed to settle this

Yep. And if it doesn't receive majority it must be a bannable offense to use it!

Make it so.

SoCalHawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":5mn4aep9 said:
I think a poll may be needed to settle this

Yep. And if it doesn't receive majority it must be a bannable offense to use it!

Make it so.

12evanf

Reaction score
RW1 is better than RW3, because RW3 is stupid. And RW is better than RGIII as we'll find out this Sunday. Also, Golden Tate, Walter Thurmond, and Earl Thomas are all III's. Should we call them GTIII, WTIII, and ETIII? No, because it is stupid.

drdiags

Reaction score
Good luck with your attempt to herd cats.

Some are using this as a way to tweak others. Some think it is a clever way to leverage the RG3 hype. Others are just dolts (yours truly included). This is similar to guys who get cranky if a fan doesn't spell the player's name correctly. They are right but it doesn't stop it from happening.

We just have a wide group of people and people are going to do whatever they want as long as it is within forum rules.

chawx

Reaction score
I personally will continue to use my 100% original nickname for him that I, and I alone, came up with:

ManCrush-ell Wilson™

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Lol...this whole debate is funny as hell. When speaking, I call him Russell Wilson. When typing, I'll usually shorten it to RW. Don't understand the need for the 3. Who else would you confuse RW for that you would need to add his # there?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Lol...this whole debate is funny as hell. When speaking, I call him Russell Wilson. When typing, I'll usually shorten it to RW. Don't understand the need for the 3. Who else would you confuse RW for that you would need to add his # there?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Whatever people call Russell Wilson, it'll be more popular than RG3 after a few years because Wilson will have rings, and RG3 will be lacking the finger bling.

hawker84

Reaction score
cracks me up, what people will get worked up over... i don't mind dangeruss , i just call him RW...

but from now on i will be referring to RG3 as " Bob Griffin" because it makes him sound less dangeruss? see what i did there?

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
DangeRuss is much better.

RW3 makes it seem like the Hawks are copying RG3.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I thought RW3 was clever at first, but then I thought about it and decided it's really stupid. It is a nickname that wouldn't exist if RG3 didn't exist, so really it's copycat/wannabe BS. BS3? ugh I don't know how to abbreviate bullshit anymore...

Anyway, my opinion on the matter matches one I read in another thread.
Joe Montana's nickname was Joe Montana
Steve Young's nickname was Steve Young
John Elway's nickname was John Elway
Dan Marino's nickname was Dan Marino
Peyton Manning's nickname is Peyton Manning
Drew Brees's nickname is Drew Brees
Tom Brady 's nickname is Tom Brady

This list could go on for quite a while. I can't think of a great quarterback who had a nickname. Broadway Joe maybe...but he's not in the discussion of all-time greats.
Let's give Wilson a chance to make a lasting impact on this league. Assigning a nickname trivializes him...especially when it's based on some other dude's nickname.

Naw, screw it...let's call him Crazylegs Sweetness "the Refrigerator" 3.

I voted Russel Wilson, but RW works for me in forum posts. If someone said "RW" to me in verbal conversation, I'd likely say, "Who?"

Latest posts