You can't have it both ways...

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Last week we pretty much told Falcon fans who complained that officiating cost them the game to pound sand. This week we blame the refs for costing Seattle the game. Can't have it both ways.

RussB

Reaction score
No because julio also had an uncalled flag on the play, that game was called pretty even. This one wasnt.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
RussB":h0nn2jg7 said:
No because julio also had an uncalled flag on the play, that game was called pretty even. This one wasnt.
This. While this loss wasn't all on Hochuli and his crew, they definitely played a part.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Who wins the falcons game if it is officiated correctly? Who wins today? Today was a constant barrage of nonsense, not sure how those games can be compared.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2b4bfbgf said:
Last week we pretty much told Falcon fans who complained that officiating cost them the game to pound sand. This week we blame the refs for costing Seattle the game. Can't have it both ways.

Oh, did Seattle lose due to a hail mary that could have been called PI today? One Call?

Or did Seattle come into a game against the most penalized team in the NFL only to lose the penalty disparity by double digits, including two phantom calls that led directly to 10 points?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It's more about one officiating crew lets the athletes decide things on the field and the other crew decides to impose their will on the game. That's the rub for me. I would be more than happy to see spotlight seekers like Hochuli banned from the game. Dozens of penalties in one game, for the same things that didnt draw penalties in another game are not good for the NFL, which is now starting to show cracks in its mass-appeal.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":p7zo182c said:
It's more about one officiating crew lets the athletes decide things on the field and the other crew decides to impose their will on the game. That's the rub for me. I would be more than happy to see spotlight seekers like Hochuli banned from the game. Dozens of penalties in one game, for the same things that didnt draw penalties in another game are not good for the NFL, which is now starting to show cracks in its mass-appeal.

I was blown away when Pete said they scout referee crews. Rules should be rules and they should be enforced in the same manner.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah we can. They bitched about a call that shouldn't be Complained about because of Julio face checking Sherman. If that didn't happen then they would have every right to be pissed. This game was called terribly and Pierra admitted as much with the pick plays on live TV. 12-2 penalties called is odd too.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Reaneypark":8cp0w6m0 said:

This. A good official is one that is barely noticed. These clowns today made the game about them. And the NFL wonders why ratings are down? I'll tell you something Goodell. Football fans expect a game to be called evenly, NOT LIKE A DAMN WWE SMACKDOWN MATCH. You better get your shit together or this will snowball on you and your merry band of thieves.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":10p2t2dy said:

I saw a post that already kind of fits this (I think it was by Aros), but honestly, if we played better we win the game. That doesn't mean that officiating wasn't very one-sided this game.

I can't speak for everyone, but when I watch a game, I don't look for every penalty to be called on the other team, or every penalty to be overlooked when it's a Seahawk player, what I want to see from officials is a balanced effort at making calls. If officials are going to call the game loosely for one team they should for both. What I saw yesterday was the officials calling a looser game for the Saints and calling more tightly against the Seahawks. This is what I never want to see in a game and it's not what we saw yesterday.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
potatohead":2phr79v4 said:
There is a distinct difference what happened in both games.

Agreed, the non call vs Atlanta was something you wouldn't be surprised was a non call.

Yesterday we got called for anything possible and the Saints were given a pass. I think the two they got were to keep the appearance of objectivity. Goodell dislikes the Seahawks and isn't afraid to direct his officiating crews to give us the business. The NFL very much wants LA and AZ to be part of the playoff picture in the west as well.

mikeak

Reaction score
The Falcons "non-call" could be explained by either 1) that is how the game was called or 2) the way the refs were positioned they really couldn't see that hold by Sherman since they had their backs to the refs

The pick play on the TD - ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Everyone should see that

The hold against Shead - ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Clearly within the 5 yard zone - heck probably within the 2 yard zone and IT WASN'T EVEN THERE. If you are going to make up calls at least make them up in an area where it would be illegal

I am not saying it wasn't PI by Sherman but you got to learn to live with ONE bad call per game. Heck you should live with two.

Yesterday was a travesty

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mikeak":2o4zpxo5 said:
The Falcons "non-call" could be explained by either 1) that is how the game was called or 2) the way the refs were positioned they really couldn't see that hold by Sherman since they had their backs to the refs

The pick play on the TD - ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Everyone should see that

The hold against Shead - ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Clearly within the 5 yard zone - heck probably within the 2 yard zone and IT WASN'T EVEN THERE. If you are going to make up calls at least make them up in an area where it would be illegal

I am not saying it wasn't PI by Sherman but you got to learn to live with ONE bad call per game. Heck you should live with two.

Yesterday was a travesty

the pick play after the Sherman 3rd down drive extender was even worse.

As a crew, how do you "miss" that twice?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I really wish the refs in the Atlanta game had called that last play correctly. Had they done that it would have been offsetting and down over. Maybe Atlanta gets the first and goes onto score. That would be better than the misinformation that is out there now.

Fact is if they only called PI on that play the Seahawks would have been the only team screwed over.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":5d89le6c said:
Reaneypark":5d89le6c said:

I was blown away when Pete said they scout referee crews. Rules should be rules and they should be enforced in the same manner.

It called judgement. everyone's is different and no one is necessarily wrong. By your statement there should be a flag on every play. Rules are written in a rule book. The book of interpretations is 10 times the size of the rule book. If you ever become a serious sports official you will learn what I am talking about.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1vq2mnmv said:
I really wish the refs in the Atlanta game had called that last play correctly. Had they done that it would have been offsetting and down over. Maybe Atlanta gets the first and goes onto score. That would be better than the misinformation that is out there now.

Fact is if they only called PI on that play the Seahawks would have been the only team screwed over.

I really do believe the sanctimonious fake outcry by the media, etc. does have an impact on how some crews choose to officiate Seahawk games that come later in the year.

The fake narrative of out DB's getting away with muggings hurts us with weak minded crews, and its BS honestly.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Honestly, Im ok with the calls against our D. But you can't call those then not the pick plays. One way or another. It's called tight in the defensive backfield or its not. Thats what bugs me. They get drive extending calls then they also get drive extending non calls.

Latest posts