You ain't Russell Wilson Kaep

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawknation2015":d6sunlpn said:
I will be disappointed if they end up with a Top 5 pick and select Jared Goff. He's going to be a lot better than Krap.

I would too. I love Goff and he deserves better than that.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I like to make fun of Kaep as much as the next guy, but this is classic Clay Matthews...being a little bitch and taking cheap shots. He plays a bad 49ers team and starts running his mouth. Well guess what Clay, that QB who "ain't Russell Wilson" has routinely embarrassed your ass for years, and made you look like a backup LB at best. What do you think of that?

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3v593jx9 said:
hawknation2015":3v593jx9 said:
I will be disappointed if they end up with a Top 5 pick and select Jared Goff. He's going to be a lot better than Krap.

I would too. I love Goff and he deserves better than that.

Baalke will trade down and draft two guys coming off ACL surgeries... No worries from me.

Marvin49

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1lii3bu2 said:
I like to make fun of Kaep as much as the next guy, but this is classic Clay Matthews...being a little bitch and taking cheap shots. He plays a bad 49ers team and starts running his mouth. Well guess what Clay, that QB who "ain't Russell Wilson" has routinely embarrassed your ass for years, and made you look like a backup LB at best. What do you think of that?

Precisely my point. :D

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":ytevqjke said:
fenderbender123":ytevqjke said:

You say that but you had this guy, remember :)

Bill-Romanowski.jpg

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":ild08q52 said:
fenderbender123":ild08q52 said:

In other news, Marvin does not know what "scapegoat" means . . . .

1) Kap: I want to be careful here. I don't want to make it sound as if it's all his fault but I also don't want to scapegoat him and make excuses for him . . . .

7) O-Line: I don't even know where to start. Kap has played poorly. There is no question here. This isn't a scapegoat comment...but he is getting little to no help from the guys in front of him.
Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... dBfj0jH.99

HINT: It means the opposite of what he thinks it means.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's funny because Marvin over there (and I'm paraphrasing here) says "I've never seen him play like this" and "he's playing scared"...... Well Marvin must not watch any games when the Niners play in Seattle as you see it just about every time up here. Selective memory must be a wonderful thing. 8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":bdbstwl9 said:
It's funny because Marvin over there (and I'm paraphrasing here) says "I've never seen him play like this" and "he's playing scared"...... Well Marvin must not watch any games when the Niners play in Seattle as you see it just about every time up here. Selective memory must be a wonderful thing. 8)

I HAVEN'T seen him play like this.

I've seen him play poorly. I've seen him look a bit like a deer in the headlights. I've seen him frustrated. I've seen him make poor decisions with the ball and I've seen him use his legs too much...

I've never seen him throw 5 yard passes into the turf. Twice. I've never seen him throw behind a wide open TE on a 5 yard crossing route. Twice. I've never seen him simply stand in the pocket for several seconds being afraid to let the ball go and get sacked. Seattle has had his number and I've been the first to admit that here, but this is something entirely different.

I'm now seeing him miss throws he made in his sleep 2 years ago. To put it simply, he's broken right now. I have no idea if they can fix him or if he can be fixed at all. All I can say is I've never seen him play the way he's played the last two weeks.

This isn't a "spin" either as you guys are so fond of saying. This is WORSE than what he's done vs Seattle. He seems to be playing damaged.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":a4dd3v80 said:
Sports Hernia":a4dd3v80 said:

I've seen him play poorly. I've seen him look a bit like a deer in the headlights. I've seen him frustrated. I've seen him make poor decisions with the ball and I've seen him use his legs too much...

I've never seen him throw 5 yard passes into the turf. Twice. I've never seen him throw behind a wide open TE on a 5 yard crossing route. Twice. I've never seen him simply stand in the pocket for several seconds being afraid to let the ball go and get sacked. Seattle has had his number and I've been the first to admit that here, but this is something entirely different.

I'm now seeing him miss throws he made in his sleep 2 years ago. To put it simply, he's broken right now. I have no idea if they can fix him or if he can be fixed at all. All I can say is I've never seen him play the way he's played the last two weeks.

This isn't a "spin" either as you guys are so fond of saying. This is WORSE than what he's done vs Seattle. He seems to be playing damaged.

Oh no, you wouldn't want to SCAPEGOAT him.

Definition of SCAPEGOAT
a : one that bears the blame for others
b : one that is the object of irrational hostility

Marvin obviously is not reading these posts. So someone, please, accuse him of "scapegoating" Kaepernick in the sense that he is making excuses for Krap (the opposite of the definition).

OldWiseHawk

Reaction score
It's like Kaepernick has a bad case of the shanks. It's easy to kick him when he's down....but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him. He's not the next Joe Montana like he was dubbed by Jaw's, but he's very capable of excelling in the NFL. I remember when Kurt Warner went to NY. He was terrible, he was oft injured, but he's even stated... It was a bad system fit. He liked quick releases and back shoulder throws. He revived his career in Az. Kaep might be nearing an end in San Fran but he is a good coordinator fit away from doing well again.

Oh... And I think Marvin was insinuating that he didn't want to make Kaep the scapegoat for the crappy play of the team.... Not sure why the need to point out whether he used the word correctly. I'm sure his point wasn't lost.

Anyhow, glad the niners are struggling, but not really a blip on the radar at the moment... on topic, Goldilocks would know since he was able to play four quarters vs Kaepernick., something she struggled to do in the championship.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe Miami and San Francisco can do a QB swap, seems like Kaep already has most the Dolphins gear anyway.

Marvin49

Reaction score
OldWiseHawk":67bwrsmu said:
It's like Kaepernick has a bad case of the shanks. It's easy to kick him when he's down....but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him. He's not the next Joe Montana like he was dubbed by Jaw's, but he's very capable of excelling in the NFL. I remember when Kurt Warner went to NY. He was terrible, he was oft injured, but he's even stated... It was a bad system fit. He liked quick releases and back shoulder throws. He revived his career in Az. Kaep might be nearing an end in San Fran but he is a good coordinator fit away from doing well again.

Oh... And I think Marvin was insinuating that he didn't want to make Kaep the scapegoat for the crappy play of the team.... Not sure why the need to point out whether he used the word correctly. I'm sure his point wasn't lost.

Anyhow, glad the niners are struggling, but not really a blip on the radar at the moment... on topic, Goldilocks would know since he was able to play four quarters vs Kaepernick., something she struggled to do in the championship.

He's really stuck in his own head. Its clear. Its like paralysis through analysis. He's TRYING to get back there and do what he was drilled all offseason to do, so he's removing his instincts.

Not sure I understand the bolded part. I think both Kap and the team played poorly. I wouldn't want to use the teams crappy play as the scapegoat for Kaps poor play. They both played badly.

Edit: and now that I reread that bolded, I'm guessing that someone I have on ignore said something. LOL.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":2y28khte said:
Maybe Miami and San Francisco can do a QB swap, seems like Kaep already has most the Dolphins gear anyway.

You get extra points for comedy. :)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":keukt04g said:
OldWiseHawk":keukt04g said:

He's really stuck in his own head. Its clear. Its like paralysis through analysis. He's TRYING to get back there and do what he was drilled all offseason to do, so he's removing his instincts.

Not sure I understand the bolded part. I think both Kap and the team played poorly. I wouldn't want to use the teams crappy play as the scapegoat for Kaps poor play. They both played badly.

Tweetygetssylvesdt

Ambrose83

Reaction score
OldWiseHawk":1w81n29s said:

NO and no, the dude has awful throwing mechanics, can not read a D to save his life and was "good" the first year likr RG3 because defenses did not know how to defend him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ambrose83":39dlbnfq said:
OldWiseHawk":39dlbnfq said:

NO and no, the dude has awful throwing mechanics, can not read a D to save his life and was "good" the first year likr RG3 because defenses did not know how to defend him.

I could believe that if I weren't seeing him miss passes he could complete in his sleep two years ago.

"Learning to defend him" doesn't explain why he's throwing the ball into the ground. It doesn't explain why he hold the ball for several seconds before he tries to run. Something is wrong.

It's entirely possible that the league has figured him out, but it's much, much more than that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":2xtoqmiz said:
Sports Hernia":2xtoqmiz said:

In the past, Keeporpick was hitting receivers that were almost standing still. This offense relies on Keep to hit moving targets, and with him being inaccurate, like he always has been, it is making his inaccuracy more pronounced than it has ever been. The only way to get Kaep to where he was before is to put the come back and stop routes back into their offense and let him rifle the ball to the receivers. Kaep trying to hit a moving target is pure comedy.