WOW we do have a defense !

renofox

Reaction score
Some of it was how bad KM was today, but mostly it was the Dline actually playing not horrible.

Torc

Reaction score
Murray continues to show what horrible QB contracts look like

He and Russ are going to be in competition for which is worse in the coming years.....
I'm hoping Watson comes back and looks terrible to make the trifecta. QBs making $150 million plus in guarantees just devastates a team when they don't play well.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
i wish we got to play that AZ offense every week. oh well, take what i can get. and it definitely was an improvement.

open field tackling and outside contain are still 2 major detriments that i'm seeing. gotta improve in those areas.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Murray continues to show what horrible QB contracts look like

He and Russ are going to be in competition for which is worse in the coming years.....
Never did like him

too many tantrums. Had to be talked down/though the early part of a game

looks confused as hell,on many third downs

8 year old. And the suit from last week? Raided WR3’s and Newton’s wardrobe and mashed them together!

overrated - but I also think Mahomes is overrated…. So….

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The NFL is starting to vastly over value the QB position.
I’ve been saying ‘functional quarterback‘ is what we need for about 1.5 years….

we have one Now.

plus everyone gets wrapped in bubble wrap. except for ours - who’s allowed 3 incoming headshots each game with no 15 yards called ;)

Mick063

Reaction score
What I saw was a Cardinals offense that made my eyes bleed every bit as much as that primetime matchup between the Broncos and the Colts did. I suppose a missing Hopkins and two running backs can be a limited excuse, but Murray has definitely regressed.

After witnessing Kyler Murray, I hope that John Schnieder never again becomes enamored with a short mobile quarterback.

I never bought into the gripes about Quinton Jefferson that I have read about too often here.

The Cardinal secondary is the best part of that team. Their coverage is extremely good. As good as I have seen by anyone this year.

On another note, JJ Watt showed flashes of his former brilliant self. He would be a great final "luxury" piece for a true contender.

Last edited:

Fade

Reaction score
I’ve been saying ‘functional quarterback‘ is what we need for about 1.5 years….

we have one Now.

plus everyone gets wrapped in bubble wrap. except for ours - who’s allowed 3 incoming headshots each game with no 15 yards called ;)
Geno is way above functional. He's the highest rated and number #1 graded QB in the league. And if they don't pay him they will suck at QB, to go along with a terrible defense. The Seahawks are incredibly fortunate to be getting the level of play they are getting from Geno. What he is doing is is not normal (career bust/backup) and shouldn't be taken for granted like you can just find another one.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I put this in the game day thread.

It was also nice to be home after two weeks on the road. I think that had something to do with the play. However, I am not truly convinced that we have an improving defense just yet although today’s performance was certainly much improved. We just gave up 39 points last week to the Saints, and 45 to the measly Lions just two weeks ago. I love the win, and I’ll take any improvement, but I’m not balls out yet on it.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
open field tackling and outside contain are still 2 major detriments that i'm seeing. gotta improve in those areas.
Yeah, we still have to work on those. Much better overall defensive game but there were more than one run on us that went for about 75 more yards than it should have. Like to see how we look next week with possibly Irvin there to set the edge.

Starting? Let's go Joe Flacco and Kirk Cousins contracts suggest they've been doing so for a while... and I'd like to suggest that with the rule changes we've seen to XPs and onside kicks, kickers are probably undervalued. (I know Arizona wishes they had their starting kicker today.)

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
I wonder much it's the NFL that's doing that, or if it's the media and all the coverage and endorsements they give the QB's.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I wonder much it's the NFL that's doing that, or if it's the media and all the coverage and endorsements they give the QB's.
The media doesn't give out the contracts. Teams don't get a cut of a player's endorsements or from interviews or commercials. The league does. Owners pay what they think will make them the most money