Would you swap DK for Cooper Kupp ?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
themunn":q8zypk66 said:
Kupp is just a guy who knows the game. I loved this video, Kupp giving honest answer to a question

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TL_LARams/status/1467659576292032517[/tweet]

That kind of ability CAN be taught, whereas DK's physical gifts can't, but Kupp will be successful for a long long time in the league, even as he gets older, DK will need to continue to learn and develop to get there, not saying it's not possible however.

Ideally you want both those guys on your team! I think Lockett is a student of the game too, exceptionally underrated receiver, even by his own fans.

Hasselbeck broke down that video/response recently on 710 broadcast - it was funny.

I hate him, but have a ton of respect for Kupp.

Hass also mentioned a couple things this week about 'draft stars' or whatever he called them. Said he didn't want a guy who just had 'combine stats/numbers'. Wanted a guy who could play 'football on Sundays'. I think Kupp qualifies as that.

In my business historically, I hired on attitude, with base capabilities - you can train the rest. Unfortunately, Kupp passes that test, and DK doesn't.

So, regrettably, yes, I'd trade DK for Kupp. Is DK the next Megatron? Who knows - but not without an attitude adjustment, and Kupp's got no attitude to adjust.

toffee

Reaction score
nwHawk":14v51fm4 said:
toffee":14v51fm4 said:
Russ + DK for Stafford + Kupp + Donald + picks.

Make that happen John.

Rams still come out ahead in this deal according 12s on dot net as our Russ is generational talent and sure fire first ballot HOF, this is beyond debate just ask John, he will support my statement with thousand words statistics supported essay. But Stafford has Peteball game manafer written all over his face. Donald is Donald.

Even J63 would make that deal in a NY minute.

Wanna bet? I have FULL FAITH in J63, he couldn't be seduced, not by Donald + picks for his beloved idol.

Elemas

Reaction score
I’d do it in a heartbeat. Kupp is a much better receiver.

DK “could” have a higher ceiling. I just don’t see that materializing in this offense.

But, if we’re talking right now, yes. If we’re facing a rebuild, you try to resign your young studs. I feel like we’re going to lose DK though. Someone’s going to offer him a huge contract.

I could ramble on about this for days. To be perfectly honest, I bought my son a DK jersey as he’s a huge fan. There were ET, Sherm, and BeastMode jerseys for a fraction of the cost. Seahawk legends…I went though this huge internal dilemma about DK (team rebuilding, DKs huge cost to retain…etc).

Anyways..yah…Kupp

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think Kupp is being hugely overrated in this thread. He's a good receiver but he looks a ton better for the Rams then he would for Seattle. Like somebody else said, its all about the scheme, not necessarily the players.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I wouldn't. And that's nothing against Kupp. Love his game, his story, that he's local, and he fully deserves to be 1st team all -pro this season.

That said, next season will be DK's age 24 season and it'll be Kupp's age 29 season. That's significant. Plenty of time for DK to mature into having the calm and cerebral elements of Kupp's game, and to find himself in a modern offense that compliments his game. Not much Kupp can do to atain DK's physical abilities.

DK's age 22 season, 2020, his 2nd in the league was just scratching the surface of what he is in a productive offense.

I'll opt for the gap in age and upside every time.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jeebus Krist guysThis place is becoming a damned joke :pukeface:

OP
OP
K

K.J WRIGHT

Let's not forget that DK has the dropsies....Jury is still OUT !

Smellyman

Reaction score
Kupp leads the league in run after catch. he is much more than just a possession guy. He is a weapon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can see both sides of it. Both teams are happy with their guy. Get over the DK hate, it's quite old at this point.

keasley45

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1nsihfrf said:
I can see both sides of it. Both teams are happy with their guy. Get over the DK hate, it's quite old at this point.

I dont think you have to 'hate' DK to want to make that swap. Dk has shown as much potential to be a consistent distraction based on lack of maturity as he has the talent to be the next Megatron.

Kupp is at the top of the game AND seems to be extremely mature, knowledgeable and a consummate, unselfish team player.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Kupp is better, no one who isn't a fan boy can say otherwise. Kupp is almost always open. Even better than Lockett.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So if someone likes DK, they are a "fan boy"

Got it.
More time is spent worshiping players on OTHER TEAMS than appreciating players on the Hawks. Daily
Kupp is a hell of a player. But guess what, so is DK.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I'm glad DK is on the Hawks. I think he is a good player. I can still see what is plainly obvious. Kupp is a better WR.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Kupp is better statistically but they're entirely different players. Eskridge is our Kupp comparison and his development and ability to stay healthy is going to be enormously important to this offense over the next couple of years.

DK's value is also being underrated here. He's a split end who can run block and be a bully against press coverage, but while also requiring safety help over the top. We'd be very envious of that kind of player on another team.

RiverDog

Reaction score
AgentDib":32n0gmkd said:
Kupp is better statistically but they're entirely different players. Eskridge is our Kupp comparison and his development and ability to stay healthy is going to be enormously important to this offense over the next couple of years.

DK's value is also being underrated here. He's a split end who can run block and be a bully against press coverage, but while also requiring safety help over the top. We'd be very envious of that kind of player on another team.

Eskridge and Kupp aren't that similar. Eskridge is 5'9" and ran a 4.38 40, Kupp is 6'2" and ran the 40 in 4.62. Eskridge is a lot more elusive and has better straight ahead speed but according to the scouting reports is a linear route-runner with good tempo when working down the field but will need a more limited route tree featuring crossing routes, slants, posts and over routes so he can rely on his speed rather than route-running. He can rise up and get the tall throws but catching through contact is where he is likely to struggle. He has gadget potential in the quick game and is a potentially dangerous kick returner, but his biggest selling point might be as a field stretcher from the slot.

That doesn't describe Kupp at all, who excels at the very attributes that Eskridge is weak at.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11u8p98z said:

This and something everyone is forgetting Kupp has been in the league 6 years DK only 3.

So if we look at their first 2 years since year 3 is still going on we get below

DK
2203 yards, 17 tds, 15.6 ypc, 0 missed games

Cupp
1435 yards, 11 tds, 14.0 ypc 9 missed games.

really still want to make that trade?