Would you swap DK for Cooper Kupp ?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Why? So we can under utilize him while DK destroys us? It’s not one player being better than the other, it’s scheme.

John63

Reaction score
K.J WRIGHT":2vk9cirb said:
Rat":2vk9cirb said:
No. I'd swap Russ for him though.

LOL

I would trade rat, tical and the troll kj for a blade of grass, but seems like that is asking to much.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":31uoqgca said:
Why? So we can under utilize him while DK destroys us? It’s not one player being better than the other, it’s scheme.

It's partly scheme, sure, but this undersells Kupp.

It's not scheme like it used to be. Just look at Lockett.

nutluck

Reaction score
That depends a lot on if you think DK can mature and become a student of the game. On raw athletic talent DK is better, but Kupp is a student of the game, he runs amazing routes, get out of his breaks perfectly so despite honestly having average speed for a WR he creates separation with his route running and understanding of how to sell or juke the CB covering him. He also has very good hands. But really most of the things he is great at are teachable skills, Kupp just puts in the time and effort watching film and working out to be great at all of that stuff.

Those saying it is scheme are not giving Kupp credit, yes the scheme helps to a point. But if you watch sometimes opposing teams double or even triple cover him and he is still able to get open. That isn't scheme that is skill.

For me it is honestly to early to say. IF DK matures and puts in long hours like Kupp does(I have read he and Stafford are the first people to show up at practice every day and put in extra time on his own) then with his better over all athletic talent he has the physical ability to be better. The big question is, will he ever stop relying on that raw atheletic ability and work on the little things to go from being a good WR to a great or even one of the all time greats. Only time will tell.

I don't think you can at this point say, DK is still on his Rookie deal, Kupp is on his second deal and has more time to mature. So we will see.

But to answer the question. Short term as in this season or the next couple of seasons? yes I would take Kupp over DK. Looking long term and assuming the Hawks keep DK for at least one hopefully 2 more contracts? I would personally want to know more about what goes on behind the scenes on both of them at practice, in their time off, what the do in the off season etc and of course to see if DK matures.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yup, in a heartbeat. Kupp is a 21st century Steve Largent.

Back when Largent played, I was amazed at how many times he was so wide open, without a defender within 10 yards of him. I wondered to myself "how could a receiver leading the league in receptions and yards get overlooked by the defense to such a degree that he's that wide open?" I've seen the same attribute in Tyler Lockett and before him, Bobby Ingram. Kupp is in that same category. The guy has a sixth sense when it comes to running routes.

And best of all, Kupp hails from the Palm Springs of Washington!

themunn

Reaction score
Kupp is just a guy who knows the game. I loved this video, Kupp giving honest answer to a question

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TL_LARams/status/1467659576292032517[/tweet]

That kind of ability CAN be taught, whereas DK's physical gifts can't, but Kupp will be successful for a long long time in the league, even as he gets older, DK will need to continue to learn and develop to get there, not saying it's not possible however.

Ideally you want both those guys on your team! I think Lockett is a student of the game too, exceptionally underrated receiver, even by his own fans.

nutluck

Reaction score
themunn":34jq348g said:
Kupp is just a guy who knows the game. I loved this video, Kupp giving honest answer to a question

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TL_LARams/status/1467659576292032517[/tweet]

That kind of ability CAN be taught, whereas DK's physical gifts can't, but Kupp will be successful for a long long time in the league, even as he gets older, DK will need to continue to learn and develop to get there, not saying it's not possible however.

Ideally you want both those guys on your team! I think Lockett is a student of the game too, exceptionally underrated receiver, even by his own fans.

That is what I was saying above, he is a student of the game and puts in a lot of time working out and studying film. The scary thing about Kupp is he might just keep getting better for awhile. He is still pretty young, until his body starts to give out, I imagine he will only keep getting better.

As for DK, we will have to wait and see if he is willing to put in the work to become a truly great wide receiver or just keep relying on his natural athletic talent to see him through.

toffee

Reaction score
Russ + DK for Stafford + Kupp + Donald + picks.

Make that happen John.

Rams still come out ahead in this deal according 12s on dot net as our Russ is generational talent and sure fire first ballot HOF, this is beyond debate just ask John, he will support my statement with thousand words statistics supported essay. But Stafford has Peteball game manafer written all over his face. Donald is Donald.

nutluck

Reaction score
toffee":uny7f8vs said:

Make that happen John.

Rams still come out ahead in this deal according 12s on dot net as our Russ is generational talent and sure fire first ballot HOF, this is beyond debate just ask John, he will support my statement with thousand words statistics supported essay. But Stafford has Peteball game manafer written all over his face. Donald is Donald.

If I was the Rams I would never take that trade, even remove the picks and I wouldn't take that trade. AD might be the best DT to ever play football.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
Kupp is a mashup of Largent and Rice in their primes. You take Largent and mash his attributes together with that of Jerry Rice and the byproduct is what Kupp is.

toffee

Reaction score
nutluck":2nw3auz4 said:
toffee":2nw3auz4 said:

Make that happen John.

If I was the Rams I would never take that trade, even remove the picks and I wouldn't take that trade. AD might be the best DT to ever play football.

You got to read more posts by John63 and learn, our Russ is the best of the best of the best franchise QB, if wouldn't for Pete, he would have won multiple MVP and more rings than fingers on his hand.

nwHawk

Reaction score
toffee":2y5xfj34 said:

Make that happen John.

Even J63 would make that deal in a NY minute.