Would the Hawks have won the bowl without the 12th Man?

Would the Hawks have won the bowl without the 12th Man?

• Yes- even without the best and loudest fans in sports the Hawks would have gone all the way this pas

Votes: 63 74.1%
  • No- with just a regular, somewhat quiet, fan base and crowd, the Hawks would have come up short

Votes: 22 25.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
byau":rejxy3i5 said:
This is a vague question.

Do you mean just the SB itself not having the 12th man?
Or the whole season?
Or ever?

There is something to be said psychologically of having a fan base with an identity. They feed off each other.

Without being called the 12th man, there'd still be a fan base.

It was meant o be the whole 2013/14 season not just the SB itself.

byau

Reaction score
seabowl":32yonbli said:
byau":32yonbli said:
This is a vague question.

Do you mean just the SB itself not having the 12th man?
Or the whole season?
Or ever?

There is something to be said psychologically of having a fan base with an identity. They feed off each other.

Without being called the 12th man, there'd still be a fan base.

It was meant o be the whole 2013/14 season not just the SB itself.

Great question btw... and aw heck, some answers

SB without the 12thman Yes, they win, but not by as much. While the safety rattled them, seemed like Peyton wasn't quite himself and the speed and viciousness of LOB would have gotten to him sooner or later

2013-2014 season Not sure we would have made the SB. Something specific about CLink seems to have an affect on SF and Kap. I think as Kap matures it won't matter as much, but for 2013-2014 tough to say if we would have gotten there.

Ever ..... Without the fan support through all the lean times, I don't think this team would have ever made it.

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
chimpanjesus":1b27xole said:
Seahawks1983":1b27xole said:
Can the fanbase please stop blowing itself? We get it. We're awesome.

exactly, its getting to be too much. we are SEAHAWKS fans not 12th man fans. i talked about this earlier in the year, i found it really strange how before the Super Bowl everywhere you looked around the city you saw 12 banners, signs etc and barely any seahawks logos.

I think part of the reason for that is because once we got past NO in the playoffs, tents starting popping up at every gas station parking lot in King County selling hawks gear. But there's only so much officially licensed gear to go around (and it's more expensive for the vendor), so the next best thing was unofficial "12" merchandise.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, as much as I love home playoff games,I'm kind of hoping that we have to go on the road if we get into the playoffs this year and win an away playoff game or two, just to rub it in the faces of the people out there that still think the Seahawks can't win on the road. And if you thought Niner fan tears were delicious this year, imagine the reaction if we go down to SF and win the NFCCG on their field this year!

chawx

Reaction score
This is why we are 12s and the best fans in the NFL–we don't want to take anything from what our players earned out there. So, the team will thank us and say they couldnt do it without us, and we will turn around and say, "No, no, no! It was YOU, man! You guys are awesome!"

I wonder what the numbers would be like if only players, coaches, and staff could vote on this poll....

*Edit: With that all said, I still picked "No". because I'm a self-centered jerk and feel like from 900+ miles away, I made a difference and won that Lombardi too by simply repping my team here in SLC. You can hate me if you want, but you can be damn sure, I'm getting myself a replica "#12" super bowl ring because after 34 years of being alive and a fan since birth—I earned this victory! :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Kind of a silly topic, but YES, they would have won it regardless. Most talented team in the NFL, end of story!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2kxh4x79 said:
Kind of a silly topic, but YES, they would have won it regardless. Most talented team in the NFL, end of story!

Not sure what you mean about silly topic. As far as most talented team I don't disagree however so were the Pats in 2007 and they list the SB. Just remember we barely won the NFCCG on our home turf. If you think it's a no brainier that the Hawks won the bowl this past year regardless of our incredible fan base then that surprises me that you think this way. I hear you, the team was great but without the incredible support, not so sure we would be celebrating today.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seabowl":2n7zld4k said:
Sports Hernia":2n7zld4k said:

Not sure what you mean about silly topic. As far as most talented team I don't disagree however so were the Pats in 2007 and they list the SB. Just remember we barely won the NFCCG on our home turf. If you think it's a no brainier that the Hawks won the bowl this past year regardless of our incredible fan base then that surprises me that you think this way. I hear you, the team was great but without the incredible support, not so sure we would be celebrating today.
I wasn't saying it's silly to be a Richard Cranium, I was saying its silly because we will never know. We all know the 12's play a part in the HFA, how much who knows. It effects different players and different teams in different ways. I know the noise up here is in Kraepperchoke's head, but so is the Seattle defense.