Woohoo....coming to a game

djb28

Reaction score
I went a couple years ago, I am the other side of Buffalo. Two of us went and I think the plane was $450 ea. The game was a Sunday nighter and I paid about $500 each for charter 136. ( no point in going that far if you cant see the best possible view!) The only mistake we made , well it wasn't really a mistake. But we stayed in an old historic hotel so I could paranormal hunt. But he place was at the top of the hill and we had to walk up and down that hill daily to get to the shops. It was a good work out. Everything we ate w be burned off on the walk back!

I am not a city person at all but I fell right at home and told my girl, "I could live here easily" Overall the trip was about $3,000 with plane, (4hrs trip) Game tix, hotel , food and other stuff. 3 days. I'm ready to go back!

OP
OP
WmHBonney

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Is the Pioneer Square area a good place to stay? Walking distance to the stadium?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WmHBonney":302k8p33 said:
Is the Pioneer Square area a good place to stay? Walking distance to the stadium?
I don’t know how good it is to stay at because I live here, but yes, it’s walking distance, as the Sounders fans do it before every home game and they play in the same stadium the Hawks do.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Wheetie":1w41uouz said:
Stay at the Comfort in and Suites in Tukwila. They offer a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and a free shuttle from the hotel to the Monorail station which takes you directly to the Stadium.
Not so sure about this - monorail sounds like more of a Shelbyville idea.

pmedic920

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2eijomun said:

Walking distance?
Absolutely

Personally I’d avoid staying right there. For us it’s an interesting area but does have a minor downside. A lot of the “street people” hang out there.
We’ve never had any trouble out of them but it could be a distraction for those not aware or used to that sort of thing.

Again I’ll say, if you’re looking for a unique hotel experience, and want something close to a lot of “stuff”, check out The Moore Hotel.
Old building with updated rooms, and reasonably priced. Just be aware that they do have some European style rooms where you share a bathroom.
Most of the rooms have there own though.
We always try to get the same room there. It’s a suite with full kitchen and separate bedroom. IIRC it was $149 per the last trip we made.
If you’re interested send me a PM and I’ll forward some pix of the room. You’d be surprised.

OP
OP
WmHBonney

WmHBonney

Reaction score
One step closer...booked an Airbnb. By pure coincidence, it is very close to Temple Billiards. Does anyone still hang out there pre-game?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
WmHBonney":1j4ozcau said:

As someone who has been to a bunch of games coming from elsewhere before, I'd say no: avoid that area of Seattle if you can. The downtown area (pretty much anywhere along the numbered streets clear up to the Space Needle) is all within walking distance or a short bus/rail ride from the stadium. I've had good luck staying up in some of the cheaper hotels in the northern areas of Seattle proper, near the Needle. Cheaper, a somewhat nicer, safer area, and a decent walk to and from the stadium.

pmedic920

Reaction score
WmHBonney":27bio53f said:
One step closer...booked an Airbnb. By pure coincidence, it is very close to Temple Billiards. Does anyone still hang out there pre-game?

Even if not many from .net still hang out pre game, it’s a cool place with decent food and beer selections.
The Bloody Mary is well above average in case you over did it Saturday night.

Blue Thunder just about always stops by to pump up the crowd too.
Way cool I f you’ve never seen them play up close.
Least they have most of the times I’ve been, not sure if it’s still a regular occurrence.

OP
OP
WmHBonney

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Well, this post is a bit late but better late than never. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. We wound up staying just a few blocks from the stadium. I have to say that I am glad I took the advice of several members here and decided to attend a Sunday game instead of the TNF game. The gameday experience was as great as I expected. As I said before, this was my first trip to a home game as we live in upstate NY. You all have built a fantastic atmosphere in which to watch a game. Anyway, we met a few fans, ate a bunch of food and drank a little beer. The 'Hawks didn't play as well as I had hoped, but we still enjoyed watching them play live. The highlight of the trip was meeting Mr. Walter Jones. Walter is a very large man. He seemed cool and down to earth. Thx to all for the advice and Go 'Hawks!

WalterJones resized