Woods has been suspended

mirrikat45

Reaction score
Largent80":hv7r8vak said:
These guys that do this knowing they are under the microscope never cease to amaze. It's like the ones that go steal packages off of a doorstep when there are cameras everywhere. The difference is, this is their employment.

What a dumb ass. Get outta here, next man up.

I'm not justifying it, but many players feel that without the PEDs, they'll get cut. So their view is that they might get caught and suspended for a few games if they use PEDs, or they will for sure get cut if they don't.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Woods was clutch on several run-stuffing plays, a big-bodied run stuffer several times when we truly needed him. Particularly in the first Rams game. He was an important part of our DT rotation. Sucks to lose him. He was probably our most "immoveable object" on our DL.

That said, he is a rotational player. He makes maybe, 2 important plays a game. Just hope Mone can see his 2 important plays and maybe even raise him one. You just never know which 2 important plays in a game will be the difference makers. If it's Kevin Jones tackling Kevin Dyson at the 1 on the final play of the Superb Owl, that's a heckuva big play. If it's stuffing a Goff scramble run on 3rd down with hustle and forcing a punt, that's a big play.

Sucks. Next man up. Maybe the guys who rotate in will make 3 big plays in his snaps. LJ, are you even there?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RW92":9ronedo3 said:
Seems like someone in the NFL brass doesn't want the Seahawks anywhere near the Superbowl. If another player gets suspended it has to raise an eye brow or red flag that someone is out to get us. The same thing happened to the Chiefs last year with that timely release of the TMZ video of Kareem Hunt. Their offense and team wasn't the same without him. Someone sabotaged their progress towards the Super Bowl and it worked. Time to start looking over our shoulder. I just don't know what lies ahead. Good luck Hawks.

Good Lord.

niveky

Reaction score
Seymour":2hqyv4cp said:
Dumb as it may be, not any worse than those before him like Browner, Sherman, Irvin ect. My issue is they didn't help him enough to matter much which isn't a great sign LOL.

As another poster mentioned he was a solid contributor. While not a superstar presence by any means I have been able to watch every game this year and more often than not he has been making solid plays throughout the season to help the team.

xray

Reaction score
These guys know the Hawks are in the playoffs and still choose to take a chance . That shows no respect for the team...the fans ... or the game :!: Maybe having football smarts doesn't translate to smart anyplace else . :pukeface:

Jville

Reaction score
Forgive me, I'm compelled to offer an upbeat perspective ..................

Woods has played in all 14 games and has 32 tackles, three TFL, two fumble recoveries, and one sack. He is second on the team in snaps at defensive tackle behind Quinton Jefferson, though Jarran Reed is catching up following his return from his own six-game suspension. SportsInfoSolutions has credited him with 14 pressures this season and only two missed tackles.

He is 7th in Average Tackle Depth among all defensive tackles with at least 30 tackles, signifying that he’s been a sure player against the run. [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/12/20/21032042/seahawks-suspension-ped-al-woods-defensive-tackle-cardinals-49ers-nfc-playoff-race[/urltargetblank]
Disclaimer: A number of sites are out there with their own unique grading efforts. Each of the 32 teams has their own in house grading and review system which is of far greater significance.

Moving on ...... there is the excitement surrounding Bryan Mone (pronounced mo-NAY) return to the roster ......... Twxox9jqvhejgcpqk0xr

mort":32ml49cz said:
In other news fwiw

Mone, an undrafted rookie out Michigan, initially signed with the Seahawks after the draft, and made the 53-man roster to start the season, the only undrafted rookie to do so this year. He appeared in three games, recording three tackles, before being released and re-signed to the practice squad.
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll described Mone on Friday as a “real big, strong guy. We love the way he plays and competes and all that. He’ll just step right in… He’s tough. He’s physical. He’s got a great motor for chasing the ball for such a big man. We’re always showing his highlights. I think I had three highlights on yesterday from just his effort in practice, so that’s kind of who he is. The players are fired up that he gets a chance to help us right now.”

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... tice-squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk