Woods has been suspended

Rat

Reaction score
We don't get a lot of access to the locker room, and I'm sure it's not perfect, but there has been way too much consistency and winning over the past decade for me to believe that theyre lax about substance abuse And PED issues.

I imagine there's just an unbelievable amount of pressure for these guys to get into and stay at peak form. Unfortunately, some of them succumb to that pressure in negative ways.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Wish they would be more informative that simply, "performance-enhancing substance."

RockinHawks

Reaction score
It definitely hurts...but I'm excited to see Mone get a little time, the Cardinals are a "good" team to get your feel wet against.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Largent80":153d41nw said:
The funny part about it is, the guy is like invisible, doesn't make a huge difference but yet feels the need to take banned stuff....I applaud the Hawks for giving these guys a chance but crap, they are gone a crunch time.

That’s a bit over the top. Woods has actually been a very solid presence particularly against the run. Which is why you didn’t notice it.

Against the Rams in week 5, he made a play to stop Goff that I thought was extremely clutch.

Additionally, a lot of players can get busted for PEDs. The lack of fan education on this is unfortunate, it’s not always steroids. There are a lot of supplements and ingredients, even casual ones that everyday people take, that can classify as PEDs. Athletes have to be extremely particular about what they consume, and some get reckless with that discipline

Seymour

Reaction score
Dumb as it may be, not any worse than those before him like Browner, Sherman, Irvin ect. My issue is they didn't help him enough to matter much which isn't a great sign LOL.

Rat

Reaction score
I imagine if it's something innocuous he's being disciplined for, or it's something the public would be understanding of, he'll probably come out and say something about it. Why let everyone think you might be cheating if you're not?

Wartooth

Reaction score
Let's go Bryan Mone!
Younger, stronger, faster!
Raise some hell, son!
Go Hawks!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3cplbs78 said:
Largent80":3cplbs78 said:
The funny part about it is, the guy is like invisible, doesn't make a huge difference but yet feels the need to take banned stuff....I applaud the Hawks for giving these guys a chance but crap, they are gone a crunch time.

That’s a bit over the top. Woods has actually been a very solid presence particularly against the run. Which is why you didn’t notice it.

Against the Rams in week 5, he made a play to stop Goff that I thought was extremely clutch.

Additionally, a lot of players can get busted for PEDs. The lack of fan education on this is unfortunate, it’s not always steroids. There are a lot of supplements and ingredients, even casual ones that everyday people take, that can classify as PEDs. Athletes have to be extremely particular about what they consume, and some get reckless with that discipline

Say he was invisible though and didn’t make a huge difference, wouldn’t those be the exact circumstances where he would try PEDs?

sutz

Reaction score
MrThortan":3f9rsiu2 said:
Wish they would be more informative that simply, "performance-enhancing substance."
That's to protect the player and the investigation. Letting too much out to the public too soon can be bad for both.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3vqk72rn said:
I have to wonder how much "staying clean" is emphasized in the locker room. I believe that these "layoffs" are the result of a slack attitude. :stirthepot:
So, do you believe that these big boys need someone to hold their hands?...Ya, not buying.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BChawkfan":2e4349lo said:
Wonder if he'll play in the Superbowl

Well...It's beginning to look like whomever Goodell wants to be there.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we have to see what it was and when but remember a lot of the team had the flu and he could have taken something for it, he is a Vet that has been around a while and knows the rules and I don't recall any previous times seeing his name.

On another note I liked what I seen from Mone when he played, when Woods came back and they cut Mone I was pissy because I thought he was playing well, glad they were able to sign him to the PS and nobody has grabbed him.

RW92

Reaction score
Seems like someone in the NFL brass doesn't want the Seahawks anywhere near the Superbowl. If another player gets suspended it has to raise an eye brow or red flag that someone is out to get us. The same thing happened to the Chiefs last year with that timely release of the TMZ video of Kareem Hunt. Their offense and team wasn't the same without him. Someone sabotaged their progress towards the Super Bowl and it worked. Time to start looking over our shoulder. I just don't know what lies ahead. Good luck Hawks.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
MrThortan":2b57g41m said:

Is it covered under HIPPA regulations? If so they're under federal law to release what it specifically was.

Rat":2b57g41m said:
I imagine if it's something innocuous he's being disciplined for, or it's something the public would be understanding of, he'll probably come out and say something about it. Why let everyone think you might be cheating if you're not?

The problem with that is that every player (or their agent) every time says it ws something innocuous because they knows it won't ever be contradicted.

For example, who's the last guy you can think of who got a drug suspension and it came out that it was for anabolic steroids, human growth hormone, heroin, or cocaine?

It's always "just weed" or "not reading the ingredients on an over-the-counter supplement" or "an error in my ADHD prescription" 100% of the time.

Those are regularly lies, but they can't be checked up on and their to the benefit of the person suspended.

As for Al Woods, according the NFL's policy if he's getting four games it means he has failed two tests in at most the last 90 days. He failed a test that put him in stage one, he received a treatment plan, and within 90 days of receiving that treatment plan he failed another drug test again.

ALL OF THESE GUYS who are getting four game suspensions for stuff like "not reading my supplement label" or "something not on the label in my legal supplement" etc. etc. have failed two drug tests in three months.

I think it's safe to say that practically all of them are probably full of crap. :lol:

mort

Reaction score
In other news fwiw

Mone, an undrafted rookie out Michigan, initially signed with the Seahawks after the draft, and made the 53-man roster to start the season, the only undrafted rookie to do so this year. He appeared in three games, recording three tackles, before being released and re-signed to the practice squad.
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll described Mone on Friday as a “real big, strong guy. We love the way he plays and competes and all that. He’ll just step right in… He’s tough. He’s physical. He’s got a great motor for chasing the ball for such a big man. We’re always showing his highlights. I think I had three highlights on yesterday from just his effort in practice, so that’s kind of who he is. The players are fired up that he gets a chance to help us right now.”

https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... tice-squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2qoyfukw said:
I have to wonder how much "staying clean" is emphasized in the locker room. I believe that these "layoffs" are the result of a slack attitude. :stirthepot:

Really pumpkin?

On the basis of what objective evidence? Care to articulate?

The drumbeat of negativity beat is strong around here lately.

This guy Woods just screwed over his team, he’s done here. Mone at least wants the job and won’t screw up.

Latest posts