Wisniewski visiting Seattle

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah. Not sure what he's asking for, but considering he's visited about four teams already without signing I'd think the market is pretty much set for him.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
HawkFan72":e13bwscx said:
Recon_Hawk":e13bwscx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jthom1/status/576421590499397632[/tweet]

In other words, Seattle isn't offering him what he's looking for yet.

If the Hawks pass on him and let him go to St. Louis they must have determined he isn't worth what he is asking for, which I'm okay with.

If he signs here, all the better. I just want the offensive line addressed.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
If we were going to sign him, we would have already. Its not happening. NEXT!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":lkh16h8l said:
Is it possible we're dragging our feet while the unger physical is pending?

No, my guess is Wisniewski and his agent have a number in mind, and if he continues to visit teams that means Pete and John didn't want to pay that number. That's how it normally works. If we matched his number, he'd sign.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2pns3an1 said:
Is it possible we're dragging our feet while the unger physical is pending?
No. If Unger can't pass a physical that only heightens the Hawks' need for another center. But Unger should have no issue passing one anyway.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1yvel9dj said:
Scottemojo":1yvel9dj said:
My guess is he is looking for 5-6 mil per.

Do you think he's worth that?
$6M may be stretching it, but $5M is at least reasonable based purely on the market. For comparison, James Carpenter just got a $4.8M AAV, and Wiz is an indisputably superior player in all phases of the game, with more versatility and without the long injury history. Plus if Rodney Hudson can get a $9M AAV then Wiz would at least be justified in seeking ~$5M.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":ejbwacyv said:
Recon_Hawk":ejbwacyv said:
Scottemojo":ejbwacyv said:
My guess is he is looking for 5-6 mil per.

Do you think he's worth that?
$6M may be stretching it, but $5M is at least reasonable based purely on the market. For comparison, James Carpenter just got a $4.8M AAV, and Wiz is an indisputably superior player in all phases of the game, with more versatility and without the long injury history. Plus if Rodney Hudson can get a $9M AAV then Wiz would at least be justified in seeking ~$5M.

That makes a lot of sense. I thought $3m sounded low for a player who started 4 years.

Seattle could use a starting center. I'd understand having to go over the market value for him but I'm hoping they like the draft and guys on the roster to not have to do that.

is Wiz an upgrade over Sweezy?

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hmm...I'd be happy to patch a hole on the line but if he's closer to 4m than his asking price of 6-7 I'd rather roll with the roster we have now and through the draft.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2dfxv1j4 said:
Hmm...I'd be happy to patch a hole on the line but if he's closer to 4m than his asking price of 6-7 I'd rather roll with the roster we have now and through the draft.
That is kind of how I look at it. If he is only a little bit better than Lewis ( which is conjecture, Lewis has not had to make line calls and his durability is unknown), go with Lewis, who is cheap. I may not know those things, but I suspect Pete has a pretty good idea. We are in the couple of months before the draft and they were just in negotiations with Wiz, so I am not putting a lot of stock in anything JS says praising Lewis and whatever other linemen are tucked away at the back of the roster. It is the lying season, after all. If Lewis were sporting a prosthetic limb he would probably get a good public evaluation from Schneider right now.

kearly

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, if Seattle could afford $5 million for Wiz, then I'd want them to use that money instead to go after Wallace like hell if he's released.

I think the gap between Wiz and Lewis is pretty small, even when considering line calls. But Wallace could really complete our passing attack and effectively bring an end to the days when Wilson is forced to hold the ball for 8 seconds.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":rac22z9r said:
Hypothetically speaking, if Seattle could afford $5 million for Wiz, then I'd want them to go after Wallace like hell if released.

I think the gap between Wiz and Lewis is pretty small, even when considering line calls. But Wallace could really complete our passing attack.
Apparently he just got traded to the Vikings. Sorry.