Win home games = #1 seed

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Any of you listening to Mitch this morning on KRJ 950 will know this...we win our remaining home games (putting us at 13-3), we are 99.5% sure of the #1 seed. Some scenario where if the Lions won out, they could possibly get it with a tie breaker if on a SOV which we are currently better at.

The loss by SF was HUGE as it now gives us a common opponents tie-breaker over them!

GO HAWKS!!!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The lions are suddenly up in the mix with the Saints. Could get interesting come playoffs. Just gotta control our own destiny.

themunn

Reaction score
To be honest, with NO and SF playing each other, NO still to play Carolina twice and us to play SF and NO - if we win those two games plus any one other (let's say Minnesota), it would probably be enough.

The best run of results would be NO and Car to split and SF to beat NO. Then we would finish with at least 12 wins, and SF/CAR/NO could only max out with 12 - but we would have tie breakers over all.

The Lions would still be free to win out and get the number 1 seed, but let's be honest - they're the Lions

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
If we win every home game from here on out we are in the superbowl.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
themunn":3c9zcnxd said:
To be honest, with NO and SF playing each other, NO still to play Carolina twice and us to play SF and NO - if we win those two games plus any one other (let's say Minnesota), it would probably be enough.

Agreed. It would take a real melt down for the Hawks to not end up with the #1 seed, IMO. The Hawks have also most likely played their worst football of the year already (and still managed to win in some nailbitters while doing it), and with 9ers losing yesterday and Rodgers going out, I think the road to #1 seed is very attainable, and pretty likely.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
We are getting Harvin back, along with our offensive line.....think about that. Harvin is going to destroy the saints.

sutz

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":23crtrb1 said:
I see what you did there.....

:)

OP
OP
BlueTalons

BlueTalons

Reaction score
themunn":2nxxdji6 said:

The best run of results would be NO and Car to split and SF to beat NO. Then we would finish with at least 12 wins, and SF/CAR/NO could only max out with 12 - but we would have tie breakers over all.

The Lions would still be free to win out and get the number 1 seed, but let's be honest - they're the Lions
Sorry...NO best run of results involves the 9ers winning! :twisted:

GO HAWKS!!!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
sutz":17oh9bfq said:
ImTheScientist":17oh9bfq said:
I see what you did there.....

:)

Hell yeah! So awesome! I love that are two final games are at home! 4-straight home games for the Super Bowl push!

The Radish

Reaction score
themunn":3b0ccjvo said:

I disagree with your "best run of results"

If we beat both nawrlins & ninnirs along with the rest of our home games none of the other things would matter. I am figuring a win against the Vikings next week.

That would be the best run of results. lol

Well even better would be us going 15-1

:les:

seahawks08

Reaction score
My prediction.. we play Detroit for the NFC championship game at home...

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I go move bowels now to auger for undefeated run throughout both home and away and on neutral field.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Winning home field advantage, as we all know, is critical for Seattle's run to the Superbowl. Having 4 of the last 6 games at home is key and getting 4 of our starting offensive players back in the next 2 weeks is also key. Things really seem to be lining up for Seattle right now. I can see them easily going 14-2.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
seahawks08":25wyaobv said:
My prediction.. we play Detroit for the NFC championship game at home...

This is my nightmare scenario. I live in Michigan, grew up in Michigan but lived most of my adult life in Seattle. I don't consider myself a Lions fan, although I do pull for them, I consider myself a Seahawks fan. I hope the Lions do well, their fans have endured a lot of futility just as Seahawk fans have. However, if the Hawks face them in the NFCCG I'll be rooting for Hawks, no question.

sutz

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1tmj8jg7 said:
Winning home field advantage, as we all know, is critical for Seattle's run to the Superbowl.

I don't see it quite that way. HFA certainly would make it a lot easier to get to the Superb Owl.

But we proved last season that we could win playoff games on the road, so I don't call it 'critical,' just very, very desirable.

If nothing else, it's a treat for the home fans. :)

SeaWolv

Reaction score
sutz":1g262jwr said:
SeaWolv":1g262jwr said:
Winning home field advantage, as we all know, is critical for Seattle's run to the Superbowl.

I don't see it quite that way. HFA certainly would make it a lot easier to get to the Superb Owl.

But we proved last season that we could win playoff games on the road, so I don't call it 'critical,' just very, very desirable.

If nothing else, it's a treat for the home fans. :)

As fans we understand how much of an advantage it is for the Hawks to play at the Clink. The noise wreaks havoc on other teams. The players know this as well. Other teams fear playing the Hawks in Seattle. HFA gives Seattle the best chance to make it to the Superbowl so yes I think it is critical. Don't forget where Seattle's playoff run ended last year.