Wilson's uniform is in the hall of fame

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Basis4day":2248l9yd said:
And does this stat make QBR legit?

Many will start to think so because it favors us.

Same reason people around here all of a sudden like Colin Cowerd and Mike+Mike.

Your wrong there buster, still can't stand that sniveling Cowerd. I just can't get there from here.

The Radish

Reaction score
I love the lack of logic.

We scored 108 points in 2 games so our red zone game has problems?

:141847_bnono:

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
kearly":mi8imiyn said:
hawksfan515":mi8imiyn said:
And does this stat make QBR legit?

Teams with the higher Total QBR scores posted a 16-0 record in Week 15.

No.

Navyhawkfan187":mi8imiyn said:
I'll still take DVOA over anything else. ESPN's tQBR is a half @$$ed attempt at DVOA.

Ditto. ANYA is a good pure passing stat as well.

QBR has good intentions, but miserable in execution. It seems like every week you see a QBR score that is WILDLY at odds with reality. I strongly suspect judges bias is the reason for it's flaws. It's a stat without empirical accountability. At least DVOA is based on data. QBR is based on whether or not to blame the WR for a drop and other contextual things that are decided by the scorer- which is made worse by the fact that it's very unlikely that the same strike zone is being applied to every player (different people charting).

In short, there are a lot of subjective judgement calls in the stat. PFF is a very strong comparison but PFF's stats are accurate more often. UZR is a bit of a subjective tracking stat in baseball and stat geeks never tire of bashing it for not being empirical enough.

Really, there is no stat that perfectly captures football. It's a sad, cold hard fact. I generally trust the stats that back up the eyeball test the best, knowing that they still aren't perfect and there will always be information left out of any stat. All I ask is that a stat indicates a good score when a QB was obviously good and a bad score when a QB was obviously bad. Maybe over a whole season, QBR's flaws iron out and it's decent, but game to game it's been a joke at times this season.

I'm gonna assume that Kaepernick is really the guy who has insane QBR scores for you. It is for me a least. He fumbles the ball 4 times and still has an 89 QBR? OK......

BTW what do you think of Kaepernick Kearly?