Wilson to have MRI tonight on knee

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Any time missed depends on the severity of it of course.. but Big Ben had a sprained MCL last year against the Rams, and that one actually required him to get carted off the field. He missed 4 games from that.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":18hzn334 said:
Good news.

He said he'll be fine in press conference doesn't seem worried at all about it.
Wilsons leg could snap in half and he would say hell be fine and ready for next week.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Can a sprained MCL be diagnosed without an X-ray or MRI?

I thought Russell said in his press conference that he had not had any test done yet, so how could anyone know for sure?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LolaRox":2vcxarnt said:
Can a sprained MCL be diagnosed without an X-ray or MRI?

I thought Russell said in his press conference that he had not had any test done yet, so how could anyone know for sure?

He was getting an MRI tonight, sounds like the results revealed a sprained MCL.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2yarsrvi said:
NFSeahawks628":2yarsrvi said:
Hasselbeck":2yarsrvi said:
You can walk and even jog with a slight tear of the MCL or ACL.

Have a feeling he's out next week for sure and maybe even the game after the bye.

Have a feeling he won't be out at all.

And quite frankly that'd be stupid. The Jets DL is unreal. Wilson needs to sit this one out.

We get it. You hate Wilson.

idahohawk

Reaction score
My prediction is RW out for 2-4 Weeks.

I have never wanted to be wrong, more than I want to be wrong about this.

Brace yourselves Hawk fans.

Oh, and this is not on the OL. He held on to the ball too long a few times before that play, then instead of sliding or getting rid of the ball, he tried to stiff-arm the tacker. Not a good decision at all.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
idahohawk":19vzd6p1 said:

Oh, and this is not on the OL. He held on to the ball too long a few times before that play, then instead of sliding or getting rid of the ball, he tried to stiff-arm the tacker. Not a good decision at all.
I didn't think he'd play in the Rams game, I'm willing to wait and see.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I hope Russ is ok and its just a sprain, but I really wonder what we would do if he has to sit out 8-12 games at minimum possibly ending his season.

Call TJack?
Let Boykin have the gig and promote Heaps?
Give Matt Barkley a call?

Or..........Maybe call the Niners and see if Kap would be available? (ducks to avoid shoes, bottles, and sharp objects)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
idahohawk":r3jyd797 said:

Well, thank you kindly for your prediction.

We all now consider ourselves braced.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I think Carroll should make him sit out the Jets game. It is winnable even without him and then there is the Bye to buy more time. Even a loss would not be a catastrophe now. But bringing Wilson in too early and letting him injure himself significantly is a catastrophe. He is the future of the franchise and there is no way he will ever decide not to play himself.

This reminds of how Mike Shanahan let seriously hurt RG3 play against us in the 2012-2013 postseason. That pretty much ended RG3:s career. He too based his game on mobility, which was largely gone after that, and was such a competitor that he was unable to make the correct decision of not playing when the risks were too big.

Storts

Reaction score
From a purely selfish point of view I'd be absolutely gutted if Russ didn't play the Jets game. Flying over from London for it.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
TwilightError":3lbxsvy6 said:
I think he Carroll should make him sit out the Jets game. It is winnable even without him and then there is the Bye to buy more time. Even a loss would not be a catastrophe now. But bringing Wilson in too early and letting him injure himself significantly is a catastrophe. He is the future of the franchise and there is no way he will ever decide not to play himself.

This reminds of how Mike Shanahan let seriously hurt RG3 play against us in the 2012-2013 postseason. That pretty much ended RG3:s career. He too based his game on mobility, which was largely gone after that, and was such a competitor that he was unable to make the correct decision of not playing when the risks were too big.

You know, I appreciate Boykin and all, but I sense the rook would press way too hard against that D, throwing multiple picks. I'd much rather have a less-mobile Wilson in there after stressing to him to be smart with his body and the ball. That's all it takes, and the robot in him would comply beautifully.

London12

Reaction score
Storts":1ss02qao said:
From a purely selfish point of view I'd be absolutely gutted if Russ didn't play the Jets game. Flying over from London for it.
Funny you say that. I was due to do the same until work cancelled my leave.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":14tc31se said:
I'm still not getting my hopes up. If he survives that hit with only a very mild sprain he really is connected to some spiritual being.

If we still had the PWR this was going to be my next argument for the supernatural. Good to know I would of had at least one person support my theory.

I'm not sure if they should play him or sit him but I'm not sure I've ever respected a player as much as Wilson and his toughness. Wouldn't trade him for anyone in the league that's for sure.

Vikes45

Reaction score
Glad to hear he's going to be OK. Wilson is one of my favorite players not a Viking.

Largent80

Reaction score
When he was smiling on the sidelines after the injury I knew he was ok.

And watching the Jets yesterday, I don't see that much more of a concern than any other team we face. They got their asses handed to them by a team that got throttled the game before.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Even Russ at 60% gives us the best chance to win every week. The guy has a warrior mentality like Brett Favre. Hopefully Ifedi can go this week and help shore up that O-line.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwilightError":1qryd57s said:
I think Carroll should make him sit out the Jets game. It is winnable even without him and then there is the Bye to buy more time. Even a loss would not be a catastrophe now. But bringing Wilson in too early and letting him injure himself significantly is a catastrophe. He is the future of the franchise and there is no way he will ever decide not to play himself.

The post above yours states that the injury is minor with no significant damage.

Latest posts