William Moore expects Marshawn to be fined

djb28

Reaction score
Oh wonderful next there will be no stiff arms to face as a rule. Football as you know it is done!

DJrmb

Reaction score
It's obvious Moore is a knucklehead. Even his coaches don't stick up for him and said he should have been penalized for his hit on Tate.

Moore is just another whiner because he knows it's his desperate attempt of gaining some edge since he realized he can't win straight up, kind of like that Douchebag Harbaugh guy in SF crying about how unfair our CB's are... :th2thumbs:

Love the epic stiff arms this year, we've had a few from beastmode and one pretty badass one from Tate I remember as well. Makes me remember a past beloved FB by the name of Leonard Weaver. :177692:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mirrikat45":31zyysed said:
KCHawkGirl":31zyysed said:
The Steelers with Mel Blount were the cause of the crap rules concerning don't touch me after 5 yards among many.

I thought that particular rule change was part of the 1978 Passing overhaul. Before that year it was nearly impossible to throw the ball effectively and games were boring with very little scoring.
Yes. It was the exact reason for the overhaul because prior to that both Pittsburgh and Oakland basically made the LoB look like sissies.They basically mugged WR's and worse.

253hawk

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don't think it's a penalty because he didn't actually grasp the face mask. Sure used the hell out of it for leverage though. Note to league: don't tackle Lynch high and you won't have that problem. This ain't new.

QCQQSKd

Brown helmet 3 19 13 4 3

2019607980.jpg

1297334735077_ORIGINAL.jpg

Image-9-29-13-at-8.22-PM-500x321.png

moorecol_0917spo004.JPG

marshawn-lynce-stiff-arm.jpg

Marshawn lynch 1

marshawn_lynch_2006_10_07.jpg

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Personally I think the NFL went too far, any receiver should be fair game for 10 yards not 5 yards.Otherwise the pre 1978 rules were ridiculous and unfair.

ivotuk

Reaction score
253hawk, that post was epic! Nice finds, all. :th2thumbs:

I think Moore has been eating too many poop skittles. Someone needs to tell him, "Rabbits are NOT candy dispensers!"

sutz

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":23ei17kx said:
mirrikat45":23ei17kx said:
KCHawkGirl":23ei17kx said:
The Steelers with Mel Blount were the cause of the crap rules concerning don't touch me after 5 yards among many.

I thought that particular rule change was part of the 1978 Passing overhaul. Before that year it was nearly impossible to throw the ball effectively and games were boring with very little scoring.
Yes. It was the exact reason for the overhaul because prior to that both Pittsburgh and Oakland basically made the LoB look like sissies.They basically mugged WR's and worse.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I think too many people are reading no further than the title of this thread and making assumptions about Moore. I have no problem with what William Moore said. His answers were in response to directed questions from mediots and he didn't sound whiney to me. At no point did he say Lynch deserves a fine...that's a spin at best. I do ; however, feel that his coach is not being completely honest about him being a dirty player as the earhole on Tate clearly looked intentional.

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
White Devil":3fuwbejz said:
Unless the rule has been changed recently, from what I understand a stiifarm to the facemask by a player with the ball is legal as long as the head goes back. A flag is usually thrown when the head is pulled down or pulled to the side. Obviously the key word being "pulled". I think Lynch's fingers closed for a split second...it would be a close call to me.

That's correct. It's legal for the ball carrier as long as they don't grab the mask and pull but other than that, Lynch can continue to shove a defenders face mask down their throat. :)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
All he is doing it telling them talk to the hand....I dont see their point. LOL :mrgreen: :179419:

Seahawkx

Reaction score
That's why they teach u from peewee to tackle low.. Dumb Moore! Not only went high, but that against the guy they call Beast, one on one.. Lol

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":lvignwjc said:
Personally I think the NFL went to far. You should be free game for 10 yards not 5.
Imo, that IS how the officials are calling it today.

It's like the speeding laws... you can speed without being ticketed so long as you stay less than 10 mph over the limit at highway speeds... ~10% over in town).

If the 5 yards were strictly enforced, there would be a penalty on every down for a team like Seattle who plays a good amount of press coverage.

Exittium

Reaction score
Well i think I may have to make that picture into a nice sized poster for my man cave... because its just *wipes tear* so damn beautiful

jlwaters1

Reaction score
jblaze":1b18dhd5 said:
That stiff arm was one for the ages, never seen one given more harshly and effectively as a punch to the face. Isn't that face masking?

He worked out some issues with that stiff arm.

It should have been a penalty. IIRC there was emphasis this year on offensive players face-masking defensive players. IMO it should have been called. STill a great play. But not my favorite Lynch stiff arm.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
He didn't curl his fingers into the mask that I could tell when watching the game. Last I checked as long as his hand is open and he is not pulling down or twisting the guys head from left to right the stiff arm was legal. Oh well, just something else that will be changed to make the NFL "more safe".

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
jlwaters1":2ler8izl said:
jblaze":2ler8izl said:
That stiff arm was one for the ages, never seen one given more harshly and effectively as a punch to the face. Isn't that face masking?

He worked out some issues with that stiff arm.

It should have been a penalty. IIRC there was emphasis this year on offensive players face-masking defensive players. IMO it should have been called. STill a great play. But not my favorite Lynch stiff arm.

Funny enough, Kaepernick got tagged for the rare offensive face mask while trying to elude a sack later that day. This Lynch stiffarm doesn't look like a facemask, though, as much as it is a REAL violent stiffarm. Somewhere between a shove and a punch. He jacked this dude.