Will the crowd favor Seattle or New England?

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
If Bill Simmons represents the common Boston sports fan, I remember him saying earlier this year he's afraid of going to this years Super Bowl if the Patriots go because it was the scene of the crime, the first time the Giants beat the Patriots.

Definitely for a ridiculously passionate sports fan from Boston, returning to the location where your team lost in unbelievable fashion 6 years ago, to risk losing AGAIN on the same field, has to open up some old wounds that some aren't prepared for.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Cyrus12":tswrguqc said:
have a feeling it will be pro patriot...depends on how many 12's cough up the big cash for the game..

When you factor in airfare and distance, it is even more cash for Pats fans.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":jo43xtg5 said:
Cyrus12":jo43xtg5 said:
have a feeling it will be pro patriot...depends on how many 12's cough up the big cash for the game..

When you factor in airfare and distance, it is even more cash for Pats fans.

Boston is of the wealthiest cities in the country, and Arizona is full of East Coast transplants.

loisea_hawk

Reaction score
Superbowl 48 :I was there and it looked like there were more Bronco fans because orange shows up on tv better but it seemed liked it was 60% hawk fans (so wear flouresent blue or green to the game people!). We were louder so it is hard to say. I think it could be fairly even for Superbowl 49 because of the New England arrogance and they will absolutely cough up the money to be there whereas more Hawk fans can get to AZ . I just don't believe we are traditionally into spending money (we should have had lightrail 20 years ago). There is money in Seattle but people don't part with it easily. I read that Bronco fans and Stealer fans would get 2nd mortgages for a Superbowl ticket. I would be interested in what other's think. We'll be louder for sure....no question.

kmedic

Reaction score
I went to SB 48 and all the way up until kickoff it seemed to me more Hawks fans then Broncos fans. I can tell you without a doubt the night before in Times Square it was 10:1 Hawks fans to Broncos fans out on the streets. However, by the time kickoff rolled around it actually seemed like 55% Broncos fans, 45% Hawks fans. There was no doubt we were way louder, but I think they slightly outnumbered us in the end. I kind of feel it might be the same this year as well.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2xbfvx8b said:
I was in Detroit and I would guess the crowd was at least 80% steeler fans.

Can anybody who was in New York last year give an approximate ratio of how the crowd was split?

With this years game being out west it gives me hope that the 12th man might have a nice majority. But then, New England has a much more established national fan base then we do which might balance it out or put it in their favor.

All Hawks fans I know so many people that are going , I was very surprised last year how many hawk fans were in new York every were .

Plus it is twice as much to fly from New England, Boston area to Phoenix than it is from Seattle .

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure about the game, but some local media guy posted the results of an ESPN poll of who the world favored in the Superbowl and every state was Pro-New England except for Washington and Oregon. Maybe the voting picture was early?

Boiler

Reaction score
kmedic":3oc3bu28 said:
I went to SB 48 and all the way up until kickoff it seemed to me more Hawks fans then Broncos fans. I can tell you without a doubt the night before in Times Square it was 10:1 Hawks fans to Broncos fans out on the streets. However, by the time kickoff rolled around it actually seemed like 55% Broncos fans, 45% Hawks fans. There was no doubt we were way louder, but I think they slightly outnumbered us in the end. I kind of feel it might be the same this year as well.

I think this is right on the money. Probably the same this year. The noise is what matters, and we will win that hands down.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There are already tons of Seahawks fans in that area. A lot of the guys from work that transferred to Mesa, we built our last massive Datacenter there and then all the old school fans. I have no doubt that at least half the fans will be Seattle fans.

The Southwest hub and there is already a number of flights there. It could get crazy

Jacknut16

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":13qmn7xr said:
CHawkTailGator":13qmn7xr said:
I'm gonna make myself sound like an ass, but when did the Patriots have a huge national following? I know Dallas and the Steelers and the Niners have followings...but really? the Pats? really?

I think this one will be 65/35 pro Hawks. Maybe I'm way off base.

There are 15 million people who live in New England.

There are a ton of people who grew up in that region and moved elsewhere.

They have a regional identity that they're extremely proud of, similar to the Pacific Northwest, and take that spirit to other places.

That good ol' fashioned cheating spirit!

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
We remember back to the Super Bowl XL in Detroit where the Steelers fans seemed to take over the place. The sight of those yellow towels filling the stadium made you think we were playing in Pittsburg. Well, I don’t think it will be that overwhelming, but I do think the 12s from all over the country are going to have a huge presence. Far more than last year, even, and you know how loud they got. Manning had to go to silent count the rest of the game after that safety.

chevelle03

Reaction score
Seahawk fans had a pretty good showing in NJ, so I would think that it would be even better in Arizona. In the last two years away games against the Cards have been well represented by the 12s. I expect another bad snap and resulting safety on the Patriots' first possesion.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":s2eap9z8 said:
We remember back to the Super Bowl XL in Detroit where the Steelers fans seemed to take over the place. The sight of those yellow towels filling the stadium made you think we were playing in Pittsburg. Well, I don’t think it will be that overwhelming, but I do think the 12s from all over the country are going to have a huge presence. Far more than last year, even, and you know how loud they got. Manning had to go to silent count the rest of the game after that safety.

It should be noted that Pittsburgh is only 4 hours driving distance to Detroit, which lends itself to more fans being able to make the trip.

olyfan63

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3focwdee said:
I'm gonna make myself sound like an ass, but when did the Patriots have a huge national following? I know Dallas and the Steelers and the Niners have followings...but really? the Pats? really?

I think this one will be 65/35 pro Hawks. Maybe I'm way off base.

The Patriots have a following in Olympia. I rented to one a couple years ago. When the Pats were here in 2012, he was up hanging with other Pats fans in Seattle the night before, and a Patriots player dropped by their group. (I believe it was Wes Welker at the time). Since he was otherwise a good tenant, and paid his rent, I didn't rub in the 24-23 Seahawks win too hard. I just told him he was rooting for the wrong team.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Hawk fans were out in force at our last game in Arizona. We were maybe 15% of the crowd and 70% of the noise.

I'd be shocked if this crowd isn't 60%+ Hawks.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
With the controversy surrounding the Pats, I think unless one of the Hawk players goes overboard and says something that really rubs people the wrong way it will be more of a pro Seattle crowd

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I could see 50% seahawk fans 30% patriot fans and 20% just there for the game likely rooting for seattle but not the cheering type. Us 12's have to get extra loud.

Latest posts