Will the crowd favor Seattle or New England?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I was in Detroit and I would guess the crowd was at least 80% steeler fans.

Can anybody who was in New York last year give an approximate ratio of how the crowd was split?

With this years game being out west it gives me hope that the 12th man might have a nice majority. But then, New England has a much more established national fan base then we do which might balance it out or put it in their favor.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
SB location proximity to Seattle and the fact that the Pats are probably the most hated team in America leaves me to believe that the crowd will favor the Hawks.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Because of Deflate-Gate the majority of the crowd should be rooting for the Seahawks. No one wants a cheater to win. Plus the 12s always represent big time in Phoenix during the regular season matchup.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
The Majority of the New England/East Coast fans crowd into Florida (where they belong)

Funny thing about last year was it "appeared" to me that 60-70% of the crowd was PRO-HAWKS

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
If our games in that stadium over the last three years are any indication, we'll have the majority of fans there.

If we start well, it should be louder for the Pats on offense than it was for the Broncos.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The SB crowd is usually made up of 30% each team's fans, and the rest boring corporate types trying to impress clients.

The Pats have fans all over the country, so I expect it to be pretty even. Local fans aren't going to pay $3,000 a ticket to see their hated rivals in the SB, so I don't expect a lot of apathetic fans that are swayed one way or the other.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The entire country is becoming the 12th man.

...screw that. World.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Even the 49er fans are getting on the Hawks side for this one.

I don't think people realize just how much the Patriots are hated.

I live in 49er country. I went to the bank today and I had no less than 3 bank employees (I know they are all 49er fans from past experiences) tell me they are rooting for the Hawks because they hate the cheating Patriots so much.

The Pats have stolen our "bad guy" image that we carried last year. They are the hated team now. Which I don't like, to be honest with you.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I have some concerns (because I wish I could go) that the reason ticket prices aren't going down the way they might otherwise is that it's pretty easy to get to Glendale AZ from Seattle. Beyond the flights to Phoenix, there's all sorts of other options -- every LA area airport, SD, Las Vegas, even Albuquerque -- and of course driving the whole way, which other than being insane this time of year, would be cheap and could even be fun. In theory one could snag a ticket online Thursday morning and make it to Glendale Saturday afternoon, easily, and the round trip would probably be only a couple hundred in gas.

So at the moment, until I see a big drop in ticket prices, my theory is that the building will be loaded with 12s.

The other odd side thought in all this is the NFL announcing up front that the roof will be open unless the weather is threatening for some reason. Sure, roof open is more pleasant, but I also think they are doing that to minimize the possibility of excessive crowd noise, as some of the corporate "fans" might find it annoying if it got really loud in there. Just a theory in that I think the NFL on some level is expecting a bunch of 12s to crash the party...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I bet it'll be close to 50-50.

There's a ton of Pats fans obviously because cheating aside, they've pretty much taken the "America's team" mantle for the last decade. At the same time, Seattle is developing a much stronger travelling fan base. It's out west which helps. And I kind of think the Cardinals-Seahawks rivalry has a little more respect to it than maybe Rams-Hawks or Niners-Hawks. It might be a bit different if we beat Arizona on a fluke play in week 16 instead of the resounding beating we dished out.

kearly

Reaction score
I suspect the latest cheating scandal coupled with some dishonest handling by Belichick and Brady will probably have the neutral part of the crowd leaning in Seattle's direction. I'd also expect this to take at least a little wind out of the sails of Patriots fans. I doubt it will impact the game much if at all, but in terms of the viewing experience I do expect the crowd to give off the feel of being pro-Seahawks.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I'm gonna make myself sound like an ass, but when did the Patriots have a huge national following? I know Dallas and the Steelers and the Niners have followings...but really? the Pats? really?

I think this one will be 65/35 pro Hawks. Maybe I'm way off base.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1dlo3hff said:
I'm gonna make myself sound like an ass, but when did the Patriots have a huge national following? I know Dallas and the Steelers and the Niners have followings...but really? the Pats? really?

They have been on national TV nearly every week for the past decade+. The lends itself to developing a national following.

That said, I would be shocked if it isn't a pro Seahawks crowd.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Huge Seahawk fan base in So Cal. Some of them that I know, made it up for the NFC game. AZ is a lot closer.

rams2050

Reaction score
Most Rams' fans I know will be rooting for the Seahawks. I know I will be. To root for the Cheats would be a disgrace.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if the crowd wasn't pro Seattle.

I think the 12's pack that stadium yet again tbh.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
Lots of 12's here in AZ. I'm excited to hear the roaring.

Plus, this will feel much more of a home game to the Seahawks than the Pats due to the fact that Seattle plays here once a year.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
have a feeling it will be pro patriot...depends on how many 12's cough up the big cash for the game..

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1iua9mgx said:

There are 15 million people who live in New England.

There are a ton of people who grew up in that region and moved elsewhere.

They have a regional identity that they're extremely proud of, similar to the Pacific Northwest, and take that spirit to other places.