Will Seabass be back nest year?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":1ihkga5f said:
He mostly did okay as a stopgap - definitely had more confidence in him than Walsh - but hard to imagine he'll be back.

One of the bigger mistakes the team made was not holding onto Hausch. He would have been expensive and was coming off a subpar season, but he's managed to rebound nicely in Buffalo.

He missed more than Janikowski this year and only made one more kick.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
MO Hawk":3pcxojkp said:
Did his age contribute to his injuries? Is he our answer for next year?

Did his age AND WEIGHT contribute? Let me ask this, was anyone really shocked when he reached down to the back of his leg? A 59 yard field go is a difficult athletic accomplishment and he is no longer an athlete.

Polk738

Reaction score
ST as a whole should be a priority next season, again the coverage units shit the bed not only once but twice, however they were bailed out by a penalty, I don't know what Dickson was thinking on that onside kick but he gave the team no chance to win the game.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Polk738":32pniq4k said:
ST as a whole should be a priority next season, again the coverage units shit the bed not only once but twice, however they were bailed out by a penalty, I don't know what Dickson was thinking on that onside kick but he gave the team no chance to win the game.

I don't think Dickson was thinking... He is so used to try to pin everyone back deep, he forgot to cut the power by at least 1/3... He just did what comes natural, he kicked the ball fairly deep for not much of a return. :34853_doh:

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
What is the difference between kicking it 60 yards or so into the end zone on a kick off, but a 57 yard field goal is different and requires different mussels etc? A 60 yard kick is a 60 yard kick whether a field goal or kick off? So what's the difference?

Can't wait to see who our kicker is next year, but I bet it will be interesting.

If by some crazy chance Seabass is next year he should be required to ride the bike on the sideline the whole game to stay lose and avoid pulling a muscle.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
MO Hawk":x8xvkn5n said:
What is the difference between kicking it 60 yards or so into the end zone on a kick off, but a 57 yard field goal is different and requires different mussels etc? A 60 yard kick is a 60 yard kick whether a field goal or kick off? So what's the difference?

Can't wait to see who our kicker is next year, but I bet it will be interesting.

If by some crazy chance Seabass is next year he should be required to ride the bike on the sideline the whole game to stay lose and avoid pulling a muscle.

One is off a tee with no snap or hold to worry about.

The other has a snap, a hold, and 11 oncoming rushers requiring a trajectory to get it over the line.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
minormillikin":3s3a3gsv said:
You people who says he should have already been cut are crazy. Who do you replace him with? Half of the kickers in the league had worse seasons than Janikowski.

You don't just cut an average kicker midseason.

Honestly, Myers should have stayed. It was a joke to cut him before preseason ended. There was absolutely no reason to axe Myers when they did. It wasn't even time for cutdowns.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Time to move on. Draft someone. A lot of retreads already in the NFL.

timmat

Reaction score
If the right guy is there, I wouldn't see it as a waste at all if we used a decent draft pick on a kicker(not anything crazy like a first rd pick, but maybe a 4th?). They account for so much of your scoring. It's usually frowned upon in the draft to pick kickers until the end, but if a stud out of college is there, take him, and hopefully end this discussion for 10 years.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
SeahawksCanuck":3vdvu2f0 said:
He mostly did okay as a stopgap - definitely had more confidence in him than Walsh

I'd have more confidence in Kim Jong-un as a kicker than Walsh. I have no idea why we ever signed him. Maybe we got rid of Steve Haushka prematurely, perhaps? Having said that, I don't remember the salient reasons he was released.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":rghr6d0x said:
SeahawksCanuck":rghr6d0x said:
He mostly did okay as a stopgap - definitely had more confidence in him than Walsh - but hard to imagine he'll be back.

One of the bigger mistakes the team made was not holding onto Hausch. He would have been expensive and was coming off a subpar season, but he's managed to rebound nicely in Buffalo.

He missed more than Janikowski this year and only made one more kick.
Ya but also had more attempts from over 50 and slightly better XP%. But I take your point he didn't have an amazing season either (last year on the other hand he was near perfect). This also shows though that Janikowski really wasn't that bad this season.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":owdc5vpz said:
SeahawksCanuck":owdc5vpz said:
He mostly did okay as a stopgap - definitely had more confidence in him than Walsh

I'd have more confidence in Kim Jong-un as a kicker than Walsh. I have no idea why we ever signed him. Maybe we got rid of Steve Haushka prematurely, perhaps? Having said that, I don't remember the salient reasons he was released.
Walsh was previously a very good kicker we got cheap because he was coming off a brutal season - I didn't like the gamble given we were a contending team, but there was a chance he could have rebounded given he was still young.

I think with Hausch it was some combination of him coming off a subpar season (especially with XPs) and the money (he got around 3x Walsh's salary in Buffalo).