WILL NOT Be Watching Tonight

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Like you, I won't be watching today either. I too go back to the old AFC West days, so absolutely positively cannot stand the Broncos. That said, I'll settle for a Broncos win (and that really pains me to say that). I just look at it as the lesser of 2 evils. I'm old school when it comes to good sportsmanship. I love the Russell Wilson and Steve Largent "shut your mouth and let your play do the talking" approach to sports ... Cam Newton and his little 1st down yapping Superman look at me 12th Man flag stomping act -- not so much. For those reasons (and those reasons alone), I'm hoping a class act like Peyton Manning finds a way to go out on top.

That's what I'm left rooting for, as what I was wishing for (the Seahawks in Super Bowl 50) unfortunately didn't happen this year.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Definitely rooting for the Panthers. Love the way they play.

Big fan of Cam and not particularly fond of Peyton. Though I'd be happy for Wade and Ware if they won.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2jsgdidr said:
Like you, I won't be watching today either. I too go back to the old AFC West days, so absolutely positively cannot stand the Broncos. That said, I'll settle for a Broncos win (and that really pains me to say that). I just look at it as the lesser of 2 evils. I'm old school when it comes to good sportsmanship. I love the Russell Wilson and Steve Largent "shut your mouth and let your play do the talking" approach to sports ... Cam Newton and his little 1st down yapping Superman look at me 12th Man flag stomping act -- not so much. For those reasons (and those reasons alone), I'm hoping a class act like Peyton Manning finds a way to go out on top.

That's what I'm left rooting for, as what I was wishing for (the Seahawks in Super Bowl 50) unfortunately didn't happen this year.

Great post

kobebryant

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1pdyeynn said:
wasn't Manning an asshole earlier in his career? constantly blaming his receivers, o line etc? I am having such a hard time cheering for a team this year

Had to settle out of court a couple of times for his treatment of women in Knoxville.

Poor play in big games; cussing down teammates, coaches, refs. Like the inverse of good time Cam Newton.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
kobebryant":1kdwri6o said:
Cyrus12":1kdwri6o said:
wasn't Manning an asshole earlier in his career? constantly blaming his receivers, o line etc? I am having such a hard time cheering for a team this year

Had to settle out of court a couple of times for his treatment of women in Knoxville.

Poor play in big games; cussing down teammates, coaches, refs. Like the inverse of good time Cam Newton.

Not in the mood to hear Phil simms rant and rave about how great he is when has maybe worst postseason record in history as well.

Bold prediction? Even though I could care less?
Carolina beats them almost as bad as we did, cam runs all over them and yet we STILL hear moronic writers discuss how running qb's aren't elite quarterbacks. Like it makes a difference.

37-16 carolina.

dogorama

Reaction score
seahawksny":srpm1ict said:
kobebryant":srpm1ict said:
Cyrus12":srpm1ict said:

Not in the mood to hear Phil simms rant and rave about how great he is when has maybe worst postseason record in history as well.

Carolina beats them almost as bad as we did, cam runs all over them and yet we STILL hear moronic writers discuss how running qb's aren't elite quarterbacks. Like it makes a difference.

37-16 carolina.

I don't make predictions per se but in Super Bowls, teams with the #1 defense are 9-2.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
dogorama":13b7w18m said:
seahawksny":13b7w18m said:
kobebryant":13b7w18m said:
Cyrus12":13b7w18m said:

37-16 carolina.

I don't make predictions per se but in Super Bowls teams with the #1 defense are 9-2.

Understood. But this isn't a dominant #1 like ours, ravens bears etc.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not watching the game though if I had my way Denver would win and give Peyton the perfect opportunity for a graceful exit.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Oh and expect denver to get all calls.
It might be worst officiated game since XL knowing how things have gone this year.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
dogorama":23fpapxw said:
seahawksny":23fpapxw said:
Oh and expect denver to get all calls.
It might be worst officiated game since XL knowing how things have gone this year.

actually denver is getting hammered - 3 personal fouls already

Didn't see it but I heard Talib made penalty that should have gotten him ejected

Daytomann

Reaction score
Dumb azz reason for not watching but it was awesome to see the racist d-bag Newton get his azz handed to him tonight. Worth every minute. Too bad you missed out.

I won't be surprised if cam blames the loss on him being black....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawksny":3vg0fcs3 said:
Hasselbeck":3vg0fcs3 said:
seahawksny":3vg0fcs3 said:
I like this Carolina team in all honesty except for Cam. They are built similar to our Hawks but one bad apple spoils the whole bunch for me. Guy is a clown and disgrace to the game

looooool

How the hell is he a disgrace to the game?

Celebrates after every first down. I dont believe that brings integrity to game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You must hate it when Seattle players celebrate first downs, tackles, sacks, touchdowns, big hits, blocks, etc too then. Such a disgrace to the sport.

It's a freaking game. He should be allowed to celebrate when he does well, just like guys like Von Miller should be allowed to dab when they sack Cam Newton.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":117ku6j2 said:
seahawksny":117ku6j2 said:
Hasselbeck":117ku6j2 said:
seahawksny":117ku6j2 said:
I like this Carolina team in all honesty except for Cam. They are built similar to our Hawks but one bad apple spoils the whole bunch for me. Guy is a clown and disgrace to the game

looooool

How the hell is he a disgrace to the game?

Celebrates after every first down. I dont believe that brings integrity to game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You must hate it when Seattle players celebrate first downs, tackles, sacks, touchdowns, big hits, blocks, etc too then. Such a disgrace to the sport.

It's a freaking game. He should be allowed to celebrate when he does well, just like guys like Von Miller should be allowed to dab when they sack Cam Newton.

Really don't like Michael Bennett sack dance really didn't like it when Golden Tate signaled first down after every first down he made. No I don't like the showboating

253hawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":3o96qib8 said:
Didn't see it but I heard Talib made penalty that should have gotten him ejected

It was just a facemask; maybe a little on the flagrant side but certainly not ejection-worthy at all. If Adam Jones can pull a player's helmet off and bash a guy's head against it on the ground and not even get a penalty for it, then a facemask certainly isn't going to get anyone kicked out. Sounds like someone was sauced up on too much haterade, whoever you heard that from.

Never understood all of the Denver hate, even when they were rivals back in the old days. That's a long time to carry a grudge for a team that's not even in the same conference any longer. Anyone that thought they were going to get rolled by Carolina (with what weapons, exactly?) after they manhandled New England twice clearly didn't watch them play at all this season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawksny":376uzyy5 said:
Really don't like Michael Bennett sack dance really didn't like it when Golden Tate signaled first down after every first down he made. No I don't like the showboating

Then I suggest you get a new hobby.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
253hawk":3fizdddq said:
seahawksny":3fizdddq said:

It was just a facemask; maybe a little on the flagrant side but certainly not ejection-worthy at all. If Adam Jones can pull a player's helmet off and bash a guy's head against it on the ground and not even get a penalty for it, then a facemask certainly isn't going to get anyone kicked out. Sounds like someone was sauced up on too much haterade, whoever you heard that from.

Never understood all of the Denver hate, even when they were rivals back in the old days. That's a long time to carry a grudge for a team that's not even in the same conference any longer. Anyone that thought they were going to get rolled by Carolina (with what weapons, exactly?) after they manhandled New England twice clearly didn't watch them play at all this season.

I hated Denver because they ALWAYS beat the Seahawks. Except once, my first ever Hawks game in the Kingdome. Seattle won 27-7 in a wild card game.

But, was happy Elway won his Super Bowls.