Will McCoy Set Eagles' Rushing Record Sunday?

kidhawk

Reaction score
He only needs 48 yards. I know our defense is good, but I fully expect him to be able to get to that mark and set the all time Eagle's rushing record Sunday. It would be great if we could keep that from happening against us, but holding him under 50 is nearly an impossible feat.

[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/152703/lesean-mccoy-on-verge-of-eagles-rushing-mark[/urltargetblank]

grizbob

Reaction score
If we win I do not care, I seem to recall a certain Cowboys running back during the Holmgren era that broke the all time rushing title with a Hawks win :thirishdrinkers:

Largent80

Reaction score
If he can't get that after a whole game then he really isn't much.

But, then again, he is facing a group of people that do NOT want him to get it.

One thing I can say. He is FAR from Marshawn Lynch.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2m649yym said:

When it comes to Lynch, there is no other, but Statistically speaking McCoy averages about .5 yards per carry over his career more than Lynch (4.7 to 4.2).

Chawks1

Reaction score
6538 yds is the record? That doesn't seem like much. Especially for a club that has been around as long the Eagles. Shows they have never really committed to a strong RB. McCoy is a very talented back and should surpass the record by a few thousand yards as long as his health holds up.

As long as we get the W, I don't care how many yards they run for.

endzorn

Reaction score
Chad Eaton says it won't happen on his watch.

Largent80

Reaction score
kidhawk":oysx3e7n said:
Largent80":oysx3e7n said:

When it comes to Lynch, there is no other, but Statistically speaking McCoy averages about .5 yards per carry over his career more than Lynch (4.7 to 4.2).

Yeah and McCoy has about as much Beast in him as Madonna.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Largent80":313hmxiq said:
kidhawk":313hmxiq said:
Largent80":313hmxiq said:

Yeah and McCoy has about as much Beast in him as Madonna.

Wait, what are you saying? Madonna certainly has had plenty of beasts in her.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
kidhawk":3nf0jftx said:
He only needs 48 yards. I know our defense is good, but I fully expect him to be able to get to that mark and set the all time Eagle's rushing record Sunday. It would be great if we could keep that from happening against us, but holding him under 50 is nearly an impossible feat.

[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/152703/lesean-mccoy-on-verge-of-eagles-rushing-mark[/urltargetblank]

Not really, He's had 3 games this year with less than 25 yards rushing this season.

He had 17 yards against the 49ers,
He had 22 yards against the Redskins (that seems crazy)
He had 19 yards against the Panthers.
Only 4 out of 12 games has he reached 100 yards.

I think there's decent chance to hold him under 50, considering Sproales will probably get a few carries.

If we do hold him to 50 yards, than Seattle will win the game.

fef

Reaction score
jlwaters1":jzigfrcy said:
kidhawk":jzigfrcy said:

Not really, He's had 3 games this year with less than 25 yards rushing this season.

He had 17 yards against the 49ers,
He had 22 yards against the Redskins (that seems crazy)
He had 19 yards against the Panthers.
Only 4 out of 12 games has he reached 100 yards.

I think there's decent chance to hold him under 50, considering Sproales will probably get a few carries.

If we do hold him to 50 yards, than Seattle will win the game.

The eagles were playing with their 2nd and 3rd string offensive line with people playing positions that were not native to them and not blocking anyone or anything for the first half of this year. It was so bad that I may have been able to tackle him for a loss. I'm amazed it took Foles so long to get hurt. Now that we have our starting O line back, our running game is back to normal. We had one of, if not the, best O lines in football last year and they're starting to play like it again now that they're back.

I'd be expecting him to go over 100, but I think the Hawks will really focus on him so i'm thinking he'll be around 70 or so for the game. Maybe I'm wrong. Guess we'll see.

OrFan

Reaction score
Of course he will get it, I have no doubt he will go over 100. We will still win. Every rushing record, for some weird reason, (calling Todd, attention aliens) is set against us.

The final outcome will have nothing to do with rushing yards by them. Getting yards and scoring touchdowns are two completely different things.

"Emmit Smith, the Seahawks are on the take for yet another rushing record."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
OrFan":1u11f63f said:
Of course he will get it, I have no doubt he will go over 100. We will still win. Every rushing record, for some weird reason, (calling Todd, attention aliens) is set against us.

Thank you for paying attention. You get an A in class today. :2: :16:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Chawks1":1awablou said:
6538 yds is the record? That doesn't seem like much. Especially for a club that has been around as long the Eagles. Shows they have never really committed to a strong RB. McCoy is a very talented back and should surpass the record by a few thousand yards as long as his health holds up.

As long as we get the W, I don't care how many yards they run for.

"And BOOM! goes the dynamite!"