Will Dissly

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3os31w3z said:
Olsen is a slightly better (fitwise) version of Jimmy Graham. Has PC learned his lesson? Will Olsen be used to his strengths?

For two years now under Schotty's new offense Russell has made Dissly look like an All Pro until he got hurt, and Jacob Hollister into an actual NFL quality TE..........so yes, I think Pete learned his lesson.

I expect big things from Olsen, TE's have thrived under Schotty and Russell.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Popeyejones":15r3hl5q said:
Will Dissly is better than George Kittle, I was told by a regular poster on this board.

Olsen signing doesn't make sense.

:stirthepot:

Don't you think this is a little unfair? Will hasn't had the opportunity to choke in the Superbowl yet thanks to injury.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Our offense averaged 400 yards per game with Dissly and 335 yards per game without him.

For those thinking we may "move on" from Dissly, consider that his contract APY is only $777k while he had an OTC valuation of $2.4m last year despite playing in just those six games. That's a value of 3.4 to 1. Even if we knew that he would only play six games next year then his contract would still be an excellent value.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Largent80":3q4fjbm7 said:
Nope, he is far from done and is ahead of schedule on his rehab. Take a look at Sherman with the same injury and Diss is a LOT younger. He is going to be fine.

That's an if, at this point.

Could be Injury prone. Well find out next year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AgentDib":nvcs31qn said:
For those thinking we may "move on" from Dissly.

No one's thinking this. Olsen is insurance, plain and simple.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And really good insurance. Once they release Dickson and get that cap money back, the cap hit on Olsen isn't bad at all.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
WHat number is he gonna wear? He is giving 88 to Olsen for donations....

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1la2oon7 said:
WHat number is he gonna wear? He is giving 88 to Olsen for donations....
Haven't seen yet.

RW4LIFE

Reaction score
Dissly is a warrior.

Russ wanted Olson on board.

These days what Russ wants Russ gets which is a good thing. Russ has a great mind for the game.

We're going up-tempo in 2020. Both Dissly and Olson will play big roles in that.

John63

Reaction score
RW4LIFE":1g2ck8h8 said:
Dissly is a warrior.

These days what Russ wants Russ gets which is a good thing. Russ has a great mind for the game.

We're going up-tempo in 2020. Both Dissly and Olson will play big roles in that.

I agree with all, and hoping on the tempo but we will see.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
RW4LIFE":3byt8bnr said:
Dissly is a warrior.

He sure seems to be an effective recruiter. I see Cam is slated to be back for NC but was apparently nudging Olsen to go Wilson's way. Wonder if there's any chance of sending Russ to charm Clowney's agent? Seems like we're set at TE, although it seems it would be pressing our luck to put them on the field two at a time...

sutz

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3tqp41fp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSeahawksWire/status/1233859746664517632[/tweet]
Cool! :2thumbs:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It's a smart signing. It doesn't have to mean anything.

But if I'm trying to read the tea leaves, it likely means they both viewed upcoming TE options as rather meh, in addition to wanting to reallocate Dickson cap room for a player that may actually play. It's a perfect hedge move -- gaining a still highly operable veteran as a street free agent at a manageable cap cost on a 1 year deal.

It's smart in many ways and doesn't necessarily have to indicate anything to be so. Even if he's a #2 or #3 tight end and nothing more, it's a smart move.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It'd be nice to have Dissly for a whole season. All in all given his injury history that may be wishful thinking, but I sure hope it is a reality as he was special when he played early last season. The addition of Olsen may take some pressure off the immediate need for an early complete recovery but the news from the team appears typically positive, and that's a good thing.

sutz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2ivm3or7 said:
It'd be nice to have Dissly for a whole season. All in all given his injury history that may be wishful thinking, but I sure hope it is a reality as he was special when he played early last season. The addition of Olsen may take some pressure off the immediate need for an early complete recovery but the news from the team appears typically positive, and that's a good thing.
So much this... :ditto:

He's been special when on the field, and he has a connection with Russ.

NINEster

Reaction score
You sign one hall of famer while the other recovers, simple as that.