Will ADB be tweeting Cris Carter tonight?

mjwhitay

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3l45i5xc said:
jammerhawk":3l45i5xc said:
his stats are Pro Bowl worthy.

His receptions and yards aren't even top 20 right now. His receptions/yards/TD stats are similar to Eric Decker's.

How many WRs make the Pro Bowl with less than 1,000 yards? Baldwin has to average 70 over the next two games just to get past that threshold.

How many players lead the league in receiving TDs and don't make the Pro Bowl. He's unquestionably Pro Bowl worthy.

Rat

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":h69teqon said:
They mainly viewed him as returner, it's been said many times. Bevell even said that Lockett surprised him as a WR. Last year showed that they needed a dangerous return-man and they were willing to bet the house on it. Also look at the guys they picked out of other team's practice squad like McCray who was great on special teams. They wanted to improve special teams and figured Lockett was their guy to return punts and kicks, to their surprise he's turned into a pretty good WR too. Also they knew they were going to use him as a WR but they have used him more than Tate in his rookie year, and the thing that stood out to the FO was the way Lockett had alot of scramble drill with his QB in college. If it wasn't for the injury to Lynch and Graham, and our change to a more quick passing game with Wilson, Lockett would of never had been able to showcase his ability as a WR, probably would of only been given less than 35 touches in the season.

Injury has paved ways for many of our depth players to become starters. This has happened for Lane, Maxwell, Sherman, Rawls, etc. Lockett is given the opportunity and he's going to try and run away with it literally.
I agree that his return ability gave him extra value in the collective minds of the coaches/front office, but I don't buy that he wasn't expected to become a significant part of the offense. They may not have expected it to happen this quickly.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think he is All Pro worthy, who cares about the popularity contest called a pro bowl.

sutz

Reaction score
Rat":1i60zrlr said:
theincrediblesok":1i60zrlr said:
They mainly viewed him as returner, it's been said many times. Bevell even said that Lockett surprised him as a WR. Last year showed that they needed a dangerous return-man and they were willing to bet the house on it. Also look at the guys they picked out of other team's practice squad like McCray who was great on special teams. They wanted to improve special teams and figured Lockett was their guy to return punts and kicks, to their surprise he's turned into a pretty good WR too. Also they knew they were going to use him as a WR but they have used him more than Tate in his rookie year, and the thing that stood out to the FO was the way Lockett had alot of scramble drill with his QB in college. If it wasn't for the injury to Lynch and Graham, and our change to a more quick passing game with Wilson, Lockett would of never had been able to showcase his ability as a WR, probably would of only been given less than 35 touches in the season.

Injury has paved ways for many of our depth players to become starters. This has happened for Lane, Maxwell, Sherman, Rawls, etc. Lockett is given the opportunity and he's going to try and run away with it literally.
I agree that his return ability gave him extra value in the collective minds of the coaches/front office, but I don't buy that he wasn't expected to become a significant part of the offense. They may not have expected it to happen this quickly.
This ^^^ A 2d rounder isn't necessarily exected to make big contributions immediately, but is certainly expected to eventually be a good player. Lockett has exceeded expectations in the short term, probably not in the long term.

LargentFan

Reaction score
bmorepunk":12htpa2l said:
How many WRs make the Pro Bowl with less than 1,000 yards? Baldwin has to average 70 over the next two games just to get past that threshold.

I agree completely with your point, but just for the sake of accuracy, Baldwin needs 95 yards combined over the next two games. You probably looked at ESPN's stats after today's game, but that are somewhat late in updating those at times. He went into the game against Cleveland with 860 on the year, but now he's sitting at 905. Not trying to nitpick you, I just think it's kind of exciting. I'm pretty sure he would be Wilson's first 1000 yard receiver and of course it would be a career milestone for Baldwin as well.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Does that mean ... ADB will hold out next year for more money? :sarcasm_off:
LargentFan":32qax80q said:
bmorepunk":32qax80q said:
I agree completely with your point, but just for the sake of accuracy, Baldwin needs 95 yards combined over the next two games. You probably looked at ESPN's stats after today's game, but that are somewhat late in updating those at times. He went into the game against Cleveland with 860 on the year, but now he's sitting at 905. Not trying to nitpick you, I just think it's kind of exciting. I'm pretty sure he would be Wilson's first 1000 yard receiver and of course it would be a career milestone for Baldwin as well.

themunn

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":228cny2x said:

Nah man you've misunderstood - they always knew Lockett would be a great WR, but didn't expect him to contribute YEAR 1 other than as a returner (much like Golden Tate). That he has been able to is a pleasant (although not entirely unexpected) surprise.
You don't trade 4 picks to move up for a returner only.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Check out his league leading TD numbers and the reality of the number of catches per opportunity and yards per catch. Our boy Doug is having a great season for a "pedestrian" WR. The Pro Bowl numbers are there. This has been happening consistently over the past 4 games with extra attention on his b/c of his recent explosion of success.

The comments by Carter were made prior to XLVIII and frankly were ill conceived then and simply the blathering of a commentator who had no real clue WTF he was talking about. DB has proved he is far from 'pedestrian' since and my strong belief is he has moved on from his response to that disrespect shown then. Today I suspect the ADB of the the past is is gone and his motivation comes from his team and his desire to be better. He now has a mature connection with RW and will only get better as they work together.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't tweet him.
I know for a fact that the Super Bowl "dump" cost him endorsement deals. A friend of mine work in advertising here in the PNW.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My sense watching Doug and Richard recently is that both have become quiet team leaders and with this role the ADB persona has passed into history to be replaced by a consummate pro team leader.

AgentDib

Reaction score
themunn":943z891y said:
Nah man you've misunderstood - they always knew Lockett would be a great WR, but didn't expect him to contribute YEAR 1 other than as a returner (much like Golden Tate). That he has been able to is a pleasant (although not entirely unexpected) surprise. You don't trade 4 picks to move up for a returner only.
Agree. Rookie WR's have historically taken a while to adjust and the context of their surprise about Lockett is that he could be effective part of the offense as soon as he has. They went after him because they liked what they saw in the long term as a receiver and thought he could contribute immediately as a returner.

Seymour

Reaction score
bmorepunk":17uk8ndx said:
jammerhawk":17uk8ndx said:

His receptions and yards aren't even top 20 right now. His receptions/yards/TD stats are similar to Eric Decker's.

Sounds like we need to make a push for Decker to get there too then LOL. This elite / all pro Baldwin love is way out of control IMO. He's had a great 5 game stretch and a good year.....for a $4.5M WR that is.

StoneCold

Reaction score
He will take it all in stride as any good pedestrian would.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
mjwhitay":1bzz5zha said:
bmorepunk":1bzz5zha said:
jammerhawk":1bzz5zha said:

How many players lead the league in receiving TDs and don't make the Pro Bowl. He's unquestionably Pro Bowl worthy.

This. Besides leading the league in TD receptions this year, he's also tied (and will most likely break) the team's season record for this. And he will get his 1,000 yards this season.

ZorntoLargent":1bzz5zha said:
I know for a fact that the Super Bowl "dump" cost him endorsement deals. A friend of mine work in advertising here in the PNW.

This may well be a significant contributing factor to his sudden move away from "Angry" Doug Baldwin, and subsequent maturation. He's come a long way in the last year, and that could have been the catalyst.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":nwplb612 said:
mjwhitay":nwplb612 said:
bmorepunk":nwplb612 said:
jammerhawk":nwplb612 said:

This. Besides leading the league in TD receptions this year, he's also tied (and will most likely break) the team's season record for this. And he will get his 1,000 yards this season.

ZorntoLargent":nwplb612 said:

This may well be a significant contributing factor to his sudden move away from "Angry" Doug Baldwin, and subsequent maturation. He's come a long way in the last year, and that could have been the catalyst.

Yup, it was a nice chunk of change he lost, not to mention people souring on him.

titan3131

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1yi8hlbu said:
Seahawk Sailor":1yi8hlbu said:
ZorntoLargent":1yi8hlbu said:

Yup, it was a nice chunk of change he lost, not to mention people souring on him.
I wonder if OBJ will lose sponsors because of his behavior last night. He is great but im sick of seeing him as if he has done anything meaningful.