Why so.... quiet? Let's eat our crow plates

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":9cqwhz3v said:
Shanegotyou11":9cqwhz3v said:
pittpnthrs":9cqwhz3v said:
Its only week 1, but i'll eat some crow.

I thought Everett played well and he might prove me wrong on my earlier assumptions. Other than that though,,,,,,

I thought Green played awesome in the preseason and was excited about him. He played well today.
I have always said Pocic stinks and he once again stunk today.
I didnt like the Eskridge pick (because of the center position) and I think he's going to struggle to stay on the field.
Penny is a bust and we all need to accept that at some point.

I'll eat real crow when the team does something in the post season, not after the first game.

I feel bad for you when PC and Russ are gone. Will you still post? I mean this team wins for most part.

Why wouldnt I? Been a fan since 76'.

This team wins in the regular season for the most part.

You just seem like glass half empty guy. And i am at times at well. This was 1st game but it was a solid game. I was impressed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yes, but even when they WIN, you seem to really struggle to give them any credit Pitt.
Surprised that some people can't just be happy with a win, and a 4 quarter totally in control game. Other than that long drive to start the game, which only resulted in 3 points......They dominated that game, and against a very good O Line. Play calling was outstanding all day, Russ was on point. Other than some soft coverage early in the game, they made some solid adjustments. And absolutely they can and will be getter as a team.

I'll gladly eat a plate of crow on the corners. They were a lot better than I thought they would be yesterday. I also expected another ugly win. Also, excellent crow. That was very comfortable yesterday.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Why the need to make people eat crow, you can't just enjoy what you watch?

I was happy to see the offense free from what has plagued them for 3 of the 4 quarters. In the third quarter they reverted a little bit (predictable, slow to get to the line with snaps inside 5 seconds left on the clock) and stalled a little bit. But all in all, this was a very entertaining game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This is a good week one.

On the road, in a game that we normally have uneven, if not lackadaisical starts, we looked pretty solid.

(Interestingly, I noticed Wilson doing a good job making intermediate throws that he supposedly struggles at)

We used the entire field. And the defense got pressure.

But

We need a few more games to see how much of this was us, and how much was the Colts struggling missing a few key pieces. Losing your LT is a big deal. It kinda showed.

My big worry was that :

1 - We would struggle with the new offense for a while

2 - We wouldn't be able to score enough to overcome Norton.

So in this game, Norton produced. He still freaks me out with how he handles the obvious passing downs and I need to see how he does against a decent QB (not Wentz) but at least we don't have to overcome giving up 28+ per game yet.

All in all, we got a lot of what he hoped in improvements from the offense, and the defense held.

Which is good, because the entire NFC West looks like a Buzzsaw.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A lot of positives for sure, and they can get much better.

Great point on Norton, it felt shocking that he actually made some adjustments. He makes me very nervous.
But, a very enjoyable game. Shoot, it never came close to feeling in doubt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
balakoth":xojl824x said:
I also felt... Carson was super Timid on some of those runs?

12aHyKJ22H0Ij6jqIWbdvYA

I feel like the OP is Penny's uncle or something. Unfortunately the last thing I get excited to see in the game now is Penny, dude's the new Prosise, couldn't even make it through the first quarter.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Carson and Timid are not two words that go together, at all.

I love opposite day.
I wish they would just healthy scratch (ironic term considering Mr. Glass) Penny and actually use a tough runner like Collins as the backup.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1p94oh6j said:
Carson and Timid are not two words that go together, at all.

I love opposite day.
I wish they would just healthy scratch (ironic term considering Mr. Glass) Penny and actually use a tough runner like Collins as the backup.

If they healthy scratch him, he may misunderstand and ask to be held out 3-4 weeks to make sure the scratch doesn't get infected.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a trip that a 7th round pick is WAY better than a 1st rounder. And I won't even bring up the name that always comes to mind when I think of who they could have had instead of Penny.

Sometimes you just swing and miss, this was one of those times. Malik was not their fault, he decided to be an idiot. Penny was just a bad choice, period. Hard to say on Collier, but at least he looks like he COULD turn out to be decent. Just not 1st round decent imo. Hope to be wrong on that one.

LTH

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2yow16q5 said:
This is a good week one.

On the road, in a game that we normally have uneven, if not lackadaisical starts, we looked pretty solid.

(Interestingly, I noticed Wilson doing a good job making intermediate throws that he supposedly struggles at)

We used the entire field. And the defense got pressure.

But

We need a few more games to see how much of this was us, and how much was the Colts struggling missing a few key pieces. Losing your LT is a big deal. It kinda showed.

My big worry was that :

1 - We would struggle with the new offense for a while

2 - We wouldn't be able to score enough to overcome Norton.

So in this game, Norton produced. He still freaks me out with how he handles the obvious passing downs and I need to see how he does against a decent QB (not Wentz) but at least we don't have to overcome giving up 28+ per game yet.

All in all, we got a lot of what he hoped in improvements from the offense, and the defense held.

Which is good, because the entire NFC West looks like a Buzzsaw.

See the problem is we don't know why Norton calls what he calls or why he runs certain schemes when he does. The D has to work together and everybody has to do there job in the scheme or it doesn't work... its not like Norton or Carroll is going to come out and say yeah we played the corners soft because we dont have the pass rush (just an example). we can guess at why... and maybe those guesses might be right some times, maybe not but there is a ton of information we don't have because they are not talking about it...so in retrospect Norton gets the blame and maybe rightfully so in some situations but he is a good D coordinator or he wouldn't be there...especially in a Carroll D. I think we are going to see a very good defensive unit this year and I think the perception about Norton is going to change.

just my take... I could be wrong but I dont think I am...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":52ikyxwb said:
If timid gets our #1RB a 5.7 YPC, then I am good with that.

True he is such a wuss, should be at at least 8.5 if he ran with purpose............ :lol:

If only he was more like Penny and Prosise.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I really hope they play this way the whole year. Our defense def looks better. And so far the offense looks just like they did in the first half last year. Kinda early to tell what kind of team we get this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk