Why so.... quiet? Let's eat our crow plates

balakoth

Reaction score
For all the doom and gloom.. some negativity.. and I applaud the tons of positivity.

It sure is quiet around here for a dominating performance honestly. A few holes. People still dogging on Flowers but he had a solid game except for the no back end zero blitz. I don't think the guy should be out there either, but he held his own.

Are some of us just afraid to eat crow? Or?

I will honestly, eat crow that is, I thought they would use Penny more on some of those pull sweeps (the one where carson just got bottled up because that's not his run MO) and that he would be more productive this first game out... but alas, penny re aggravated his thigh.. Big dude who gets bruised faster than a stress ball.

I love Collins more, was just kind of pulling for Penny to really rock it out so we could trade him mid season for something other than conditional peanuts.

What say you hawks fans? I am very surprised to see how quiet it is around here after this kind of win against a top 10 defense and play off contender with now a better QB (even if we as a team dominate him)

OP
OP
B

balakoth

Reaction score
I also felt... Carson was super Timid on some of those runs?

I have a feeling it's because we never really threw an offset in there.. Penny ran what... 3 times? Dallas twice maybe?

Seems like Collins would be teh better spell to keep the flow going. No need to change it up just keep pounding them

TreeRon

Reaction score
"Carson was super Timid on some of those runs?"
I never saw that.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
TreeRon":1fixmcwo said:
I never saw that.

He's talking about that 1 run where he stutter-stepped to let 1 of our linemen pick up the stunt, then went thru the hole & had his longest run of the game instead of being tackled in the backfield. :lol:

Chapow

Reaction score
TreeRon":216rhqkl said:
I never saw that.

I didn't see that either. In fact, just the opposite. Carson was out there fighting for every inch just like he always does.

Chapow

Reaction score
balakoth":tpaj0gcy said:
For all the doom and gloom.. some negativity.. and I applaud the tons of positivity.

It sure is quiet around here for a dominating performance honestly. A few holes. People still dogging on Flowers but he had a solid game except for the no back end zero blitz. I don't think the guy should be out there either, but he held his own.

Are some of us just afraid to eat crow? Or?

I will honestly, eat crow that is, I thought they would use Penny more on some of those pull sweeps (the one where carson just got bottled up because that's not his run MO) and that he would be more productive this first game out... but alas, penny re aggravated his thigh.. Big dude who gets bruised faster than a stress ball.

I love Collins more, was just kind of pulling for Penny to really rock it out so we could trade him mid season for something other than conditional peanuts.

What say you hawks fans? I am very surprised to see how quiet it is around here after this kind of win against a top 10 defense and play off contender with now a better QB (even if we as a team dominate him)

It's so quiet because the posters you are referring to generally don't show up when the Seahawks play well and there isn't really anything to bitch about.

If the Seahawks would have gone out there and looked like shit and lost, they would have been here 5 seconds after the final whistle posting up a storm.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It’s been quiet in here for months. I’m a bit surprised that it’s still this quiet after the first game. And one in which they looked really good. Unless this board has too many negative posters who are having trouble finding something negative to post about other than Flowers one perceived bad play or Penny coming up injured again.

As far as Penny being active over Collins I think part of it is because Collins is a similar back to Carson in that they are both power backs. Penny is a change of pace potential home run type of back. It’s clear to me that is the reason he was active.

In preseason I saw some things I really like about Taylor. With today being his first NFL game he did not disappoint. Reports are that Pete says he had the best camp of everyone. I am super stoked for the future of this guy. Another guy who didn’t disappoint and I’m excited about is Rasheem Green. I’ve really like his learning curve over his first couple of seasons. It’s looking like the game has finally come to him and he’s ready to shine. This defense has some young stars ready to soar!

TreeRon

Reaction score
One point.... I guess we won't be going 0-8 or 0-9.

Chapow

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2j8gm66v said:
It’s been quiet in here for months. I’m a bit surprised that it’s still this quiet after the first game. And one in which they looked really good. Unless this board has too many negative posters who are having trouble finding something negative to post about other than Flowers one perceived bad play or Penny coming up injured again.

It's 100% this.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its only week 1, but i'll eat some crow.

I thought Everett played well and he might prove me wrong on my earlier assumptions. Other than that though,,,,,,

I thought Green played awesome in the preseason and was excited about him. He played well today.
I have always said Pocic stinks and he once again stunk today.
I didnt like the Eskridge pick (because of the center position) and I think he's going to struggle to stay on the field.
Penny is a bust and we all need to accept that at some point.

I'll eat real crow when the team does something in the post season, not after the first game.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Chapow":22gadk2j said:
oldhawkfan":22gadk2j said:

It's 100% this.

I actually think it's been quiet because the middle ground posters are tired of saying anything because the "negative nelly crowd" take you to task because you're being too positive & the "rose-colored glasses crowd" take you to task for being too negative.

Sometimes for the same post.

OP
OP
B

balakoth

Reaction score
"Hes talking about that one run"

No I'm talking about the 5 to 6 runs that were very slow to cut the gap... with presence like he normally has. We are use to seeing carson shoot towards his attack, and towards the second half of the game he was not doing that, following blockers more which netted less yardage towards the end.

OP
OP
B

balakoth

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2a2dp89n said:

I thought Everett played well and he might prove me wrong on my earlier assumptions. Other than that though,,,,,,

I thought Green played awesome in the preseason and was excited about him. He played well today.
I didnt like the Eskridge pick (because of the center position) and I think he's going to struggle to stay on the field.

I'll eat real crow when the team does something in the post season, not after the first game.

I was losing my ISH today. THe drives we dominated on Fuller was in... I notice 61 out ... Pocic in.. Russ starts getting rushed up the middle.

With a good center our line.. can be amazing. Its always been the mid rush.. now we got Lewis on the left and Jackson who I like over our last 5 year guards on the right. Not only that but we have a promising stud in a late round UDFA? at RT for backup

I want to see us not still going for home runs on 3 and 4.. but.. I really liked the game plan Shane put out today

People wanting to double Metcalf all game is going to help us and piss him off.. which may be a double win?

OP
OP
B

balakoth

Reaction score
balakoth":31zurj6z said:
"Hes talking about that one run"

No I'm talking about the 5 to 6 runs that were very slow to cut the gap... with presence like he normally has. We are use to seeing carson shoot towards his attack, and towards the second half of the game he was not doing that, following blockers more which netted less yardage towards the end.

I'd like to note this happened after the fumble. He lacked assertiveness after it. I feel like he should have had a 150 day.. even with the fumble.. maybe another TD as he looked good.. but maybe a mental finish thing

Not trying to "knock" him... I loved the grrit.. just saying is all @hockeyguy

OP
OP
B

balakoth

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":35p559rz said:
Chapow":35p559rz said:
oldhawkfan":35p559rz said:

It's 100% this.

I actually think it's been quiet because the middle ground posters are tired of saying anything because the "negative nelly crowd" take you to task because you're being too positive & the "rose-colored glasses crowd" take you to task for being too negative.

Sometimes for the same post.

To be honest its both sides.. negative nellies.. and we are "way too homer" crowd. I was nervous about today I won't lie. But... I like what I saw.. and it can only go up from here. I hope Eskridge doesn't have to miss a week due to concussion. Cuz this guy has a better Percy Harvin written all over him. Boy tried to pull a Chris Carson with 30 less lbs (maybe more?)

LastRideOut

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":hlzdkk2p said:
It’s been quiet in here for months. I’m a bit surprised that it’s still this quiet after the first game.

Quite possible that COVID-19 removed some frequent posters from these boards.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'll eat my crow with Green, he has had a good pre-season and he had a decent game today, but I'm still waiting for Penny to do more then hold the bench to the ground. :sarcasm_off:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3gkchwh6 said:

I feel bad for you when PC and Russ are gone. Will you still post? I mean this team wins for most part.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":kl9q1078 said:
pittpnthrs":kl9q1078 said:

I feel bad for you when PC and Russ are gone. Will you still post? I mean this team wins for most part.

Why wouldnt I? Been a fan since 76'.

This team wins in the regular season for the most part.

Latest posts