Who's your favorite "no name" Seahawk of all time?

Vetamur

Reaction score
Punter Jeff West. That guy only averaged like 38 yards a kick..but you couldnt return it.

WR Roger Carr. He played 9 games but when they had him I was excited. I had his football card and based on that, and only that, I thought he would be good. It was 1982 and I didnt live in the Seattle area so thats all I had to go off of.

FB David Hughes. Really, really nothing special about him. He led the Seahawks in rushing in 1984 after Curt Warner got hurt..but led them with less than 350 yards.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Muhammad Shamsid Deen

Dont remember what position. I think a WR/RB/Special Teams.

Not sure if he ever made regular season roster, but he made Preseason roster a couple of times. Love the name

Also.....There are waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too many names on this thread that are definitely NOT no name players. Rufus Porter? Hamlin? Boulware? Come on guys, a little more creativity would be nice

kearly

Reaction score
Derrick Fenner

As Gus Johnson puts it, he had "gettin' away from the cops" speed. My memory of his play isn't great, but I do remember thinking he was like a demon on the field. Not intimidating like Marshawn, but intimidating in his own way.

Jon Friesz

I like to compare the 90's Seahawks to the Jeff Fisher Rams. Friesz was their version of Shaun Hill. Not a franchise QB, but better than people will remember him.

Breno Giacomini

Probably my favorite no name Seahawk of all time. Played with heart and nasty, and had that 'Jersey' style of persona off the field too. And at the end, he was actually one of our best linemen.

David Hawthorne, preseason version.

Made his name as a big hitter in the preseason. Not as much fun to watch in real games, but still a good player.

Christine Michael

So much fun to watch. I hope he gets his chance.

Jerramy Stevens

Without a doubt the biggest knucklehead in Seahawks history, probably in all of Seattle sports history. And the person he's currently married to is more or less Seattle's version of Tanya Harding. But this guy was mancrush worthy when he wasn't dropping the ball. He made catches in the endzone that maybe no one else in the NFL could make at the time. People will remember him for XL, but not for how he killed the Cowboys in the Romo butterfingers playoff game.

Anthony Simmons

Another first round pick with a 10 cent head. Simmons didn't have his heart in the game, and retired young despite being healthy and good at football. Simmons might have been screwed up upstairs, but this guy quietly made plays every game he was in. You'd watch the defensive line in the early Holmgren years and Simmons' play would always jump out.

DJ Hackett

He would have been a star, guaranteed, if he had stayed healthy.

Corey Redding

He was only on the team one year, but that year he had the best 0 sacks season I have ever seen from a defensive lineman.

Alan Branch, Tony McDaniel

Basically, this is the same story told twice. Both were good moneyball moves by the FO, getting an above average starter at a bargain rate. Branch was outstanding in 2011 and just so-so in 2012. McDaniel was outstanding in 2013 and just so-so in 2014. Neither got big headlines but both were essential players. McDaniel in particular was a joy to watch in 2013. More than any other player, he obliterated blockers and racked up TFL's that year.

Anthony Hargrove

Was only with Seattle one season, possibly because of his role in bountygate. He was a badass that season though and recorded the most emphatic safety I've ever seen in a game against the Giants.

Justin Forsett

During the dark times of 2008 and 2009, Justin Forsett was probably the biggest bright spot. Very happy to see him find success with Baltimore.

Byron Maxwell

Probably doesn't count as he's about to get PAID, but I'll mention him anyway. One of the best coached players I have ever seen. His presence of mind to create big plays is off the charts, and he wasn't this guy in college.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3q5iwmhj said:
Dr. Dan Doornink!
Co-sign. He is from Wapato. When I lived in Washington(1976-1984) he was a local hero since I lived in Sunnyside. :thirishdrinkers:

My local Michigan connection is Ron Essink. I graduated from the same High School after we moved in 1984. Zeeland Michigan. :D

BIGNORMANHAND

Reaction score
Glenn Pakulak and yes, Big Norman Hand. Paukulak barely even counts as a Seahawk;
he was signed in May and released by July (of '03). He played for just about every
team on the planet, and I guess what I like about him is that plenty of people would say
he wasn't very successful, but that never stopped him. I admire that in a person.
I don't know why I liked Big Norman so much. I just did. May he Rest In Peace.

djb28

Reaction score
Tommy kane. I think He is in prison now.
Steven Broussard
Terry Wooden

Vetamur

Reaction score
People really have no idea what a no name means... If ther jersey is still being worn a half decade after they retired or moved on they weren't a no name. The anonymous guys.. The ones casual fans at the time didn't notice or care about but you somehow took a shine too. Not a pro bowler....

ak3000

Reaction score
1. Jeff Graham. QB, 4th string behind Stouffer, McGwire, Hilger & Gelbaugh. On and off with seattle from 92-93. Zero games played but when I was a lad I cut his picture out of the Inside the Seahawks newspaper, made it into a homemade football card and mailed it to him and asked him to sign it. He wrote me back, signed it and included his world league card also signed and thanked me for the support. Coolest thing a 10 year old could ever get. Still have the letter and picture in my "Seahawk Room".

2. Mike Frier DT, the dude that was paralyzed courtesy of Lamar Smith's DUI. Him and Cortez Kennedy were really close. He went to a Play 60 (before they were play60's) with Tez, Sam Adams and Terry Wooden. Class act all the way. Very touching story to listen to and tough blow to end his career that way

3. Orlando Watters CB, one season starter. Thought he'd have a promising career, UDFA held his own, got into trouble off the field towards the end of the year and never heard from again.

It was tough growing up in the 90s as a Seahawk fan but I loved those teams and enjoyed just watching Seattle have a football team. It was scary when it looked like they were off to LA. Thankful Paul Allen saved the team and its amazing that Seattle has been to 3 Super Bowls the last 10 seasons. Something unimaginable to me in 1992.

Reaction score
Great topic

I have a lot it is hard to name one!

Deon Butler I used to love his speed. Huge Penn state homer too so that could be why I love the kid. Thought he was coming on until he broke his leg.
Rocky Benard
Terry Wooden
Darryl Williams
Lamar King
David Hawthorne this guy could bring it very underrated imo.
Koren Robinson was probably one of my favs although he may not count. He was in the paper alot for all the wrong reasons :34853_doh:

athanas

Reaction score
Threedee":366jqqnc said:
Mack Strong

This all day.
Had a Boz jersey as a kid, but Mack's was the first jersey I bought as an adult. Was crushed when he had to call it a career the way he did.

Even though they didn't put up the same type of numbers they did for the Rams and Falcons, I was a fan of Grant Wistrom and Patrick Kerney during their brief stints with the team.

SirTed

Reaction score
Brian Blades
Tommy Kane
Derrick Fenner

Not really my favorite "unsung" heroes...but all three were AT LEAST accused of murder, and were all on the roster together at one time. Pretty epic. Take that, New England!!!!

SauceTownHawk

Reaction score
The cleaver was dope

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424464105215.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424464105215.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 544

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Vetamur":3lqydify said:
People really have no idea what a no name means... If ther jersey is still being worn a half decade after they retired or moved on they weren't a no name. The anonymous guys.. The ones casual fans at the time didn't notice or care about but you somehow took a shine too. Not a pro bowler....

+1

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Blitz.

Seriously, Sam McCullum. He was a big WR (size wise) in the late 70s early 80s. He stood 6'2 and 203. I think he may fit in today's game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
David Kirtman. I know he didn't do much for the Hawks, but he was a really good blocker for USC and a key part of our back-to-back MNCs under Pete. Caught a fair share of passes in the flat too. Was really hoping he'd catch on in Seattle. Oh well.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Michael Jackson (Pasco)
Ron Howard (Pasco)
John Yarno (Spokane)
Dan Doornink (Wapato)

Because they're all from Eastern Washington and I grew up there (Spokane).

Latest posts