Who will cover the Rams?

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Rams ain't gonna beat the Hawks.... but, by god, we're rooting for them to do the niners again this season.

(a couple unbelievable 60 yard FGs and a desperate trick play, still makes me laugh and shake my head.)

Marvin49

Reaction score
OK....

I know some of us Niner fans can be annoying to you guys...

...but these Rams fans take it to a whole new level.

I RESPOND to posts by Seattle fans. I don't START posts that are Niner related and I don't post completely asanine comments about how you can't stop the Rams receivers with the best secondary in the NFL.

How do you stop them? You Jam them at the line with 6'3" and 6'4" cornerbacks and cover the slot reciever with one of the best CBs in the game over the last several years. A better question is how to the Rams receivers walk out of that game upright with no support from the run game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RamzFanz":3opl2md6 said:
I just don't see where all this confidence for the Hawks vs Rams is coming from.

Last season the Rams scored on the Hawks with no O line and almost no O weapons. They beat the Hawks at home and almost beat them away.

This season the Rams have Givens, a proven speedster deep threat, Austin, a super elusive speedster, Bailey, who has great hands and a huge catch radius, Quick, coming into his own as a reliable receiver, Cook, an undeniable fast athlete and huge target, and Kendricks who is a solid TE. Add Richardson and Stacey and I think the Hawks will be facing an offense that is next to impossible to cover. You can't just blitz a team with that many targets, they'll 5 yard you every blitz.

Seriously. I see a lot of smack talk but no real answers.

OMG...the delusion from St. Louis is insane.

Listen here....what was your schedule outside the division last year? The only reason you had a good divisional record is largely attributed to miracles and inexerienced QBs. Guess what? Those QBs aren't inexperienced this year. Wilson has a full year under his belt. Kaep has 10 games and played on the biggest stage. Palmer is a HUGE upgrade in Arizona regardless of his age.

Good luck going .500 this year. You're best 2 offensive players walked out the door. You're new miracle worker rookie is 5'8" and 170 lbs and you have Alex Smith the Sequel at QB.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":p8oxtcgp said:
RichNhansom":p8oxtcgp said:
Nice post DCB,
As for the games last year (this is for Ramfanz) game at your house was one by ST's with no help from your offense in fact your kicker had to perform miracles and a trick play was your only TD.

Game two was a game we were playing for nothing. A loss had no effect and we just came off frlivering three complete ass woopins so the fact we Stoll won is pretty significant.

Reality is you managed to hold serve to a team playing for nothing. It's not like your games against the Niners.

I hate to counterpoint this and give Rams fans ammo, but there was still a slight chance we'd have won the division with a Rams win. Granted, it was almost a foregone conclusion SF was going to beat the Cards, but the possibility remained. Furthermore, I don't think Pete would ever let his team 'play for nothing'. Always compete.

The Rams played us well. They'll play us well again this year because of the familiarity. Records don't really matter much in the division, ya know? (Unless you're the Browns.)

NINEster

Reaction score
The Rams situation is fascinating...

Best record in the NFC West last year, but of all 8 teams in the league with best of division record, by far the worst interconference/intraconference play. Losses to the Jets at home, a blowout loss to Patriots in neutral territory (when the rest of the West beat them), barely beating Buffalo. Just doesn't add up. Their only quality win I'd say was against Washington, with the help of home field advantage.

Don't know how to explain it. Looks like they just target players and schemes to takedown SF & Seattle. If all you ever wanted to do was just beat one team in the league, it's not terribly hard to do.

I looked at the Cowboys last year and how well they did in their division, nearly sweeping the Giants who are clearly a better team in the sense of the NFC and NFL. But they matched up better to them on defense than the 49ers have.

Last year we also saw a Charlie Batch led Steeler team beat the Ravens in Baltimore. Enough said.

Division games all need asterisks. :)

Marvin49

Reaction score
NINEster":30x4nqq1 said:
The Rams situation is fascinating...

Best record in the NFC West last year, but of all 8 teams in the league with best of division record, by far the worst interconference/intraconference play. Losses to the Jets at home, a blowout loss to Patriots in neutral territory (when the rest of the West beat them), barely beating Buffalo. Just doesn't add up. Their only quality win I'd say was against Washington, with the help of home field advantage.

Don't know how to explain it. Looks like they just target players and schemes to takedown SF & Seattle. If all you ever wanted to do was just beat one team in the league, it's not terribly hard to do.

I looked at the Cowboys last year and how well they did in their division, nearly sweeping the Giants who are clearly a better team in the sense of the NFC and NFL. But they matched up better to them on defense than the 49ers have.

Last year we also saw a Charlie Batch led Steeler team beat the Ravens in Baltimore. Enough said.

Division games all need asterisks. :)

I can't speak for the Seahawk matchups....but they tied the 49ers in the first matchup with great play from Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola (both no longer on the team) and in the Game where Alex Smith got hurt. Kudos to them on that one...they played well on O and beat a QB in his first extended game action. Additionally, the 49ers have had trouble with big, bruising backs (see Lynch, Marshawn, Peterson, Adrian, and Jackson, Steven). In the second matchup the Rams couldn't do ANYTHING on O. The Rams O scored a grand total of 3 points in regulation. The other 10 were on a safety that was incorrectly called on Kaep (the ball DID cross the LOS out of bounds...which counts) and an unforced error on a pitch to Ginn and a less than steller effort from Ginn to recover the fumble (plus a 2 point conversion).

To act like somehow the Rams dominated the 49ers last year is less than honest. I think the Seattle loss doesn't mean all people think it means...but at least that was a dominant win by Seattle and not a game in which the other team effectively handed them the game.

samwize77

Reaction score
I'd just like to add something here to all of my fellow .netters. Don't sleep on the Rams. I'd hate to lose to a lesser team because of overconfidence. To the OP. I'm more afraid of your coach than I am of your wr's.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
Marvin49":35ab1vfl said:
I can't speak for the Seahawk matchups....but they tied the 49ers in the first matchup with great play from Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola (both no longer on the team) and in the Game where Alex Smith got hurt. Kudos to them on that one...they played well on O and beat a QB in his first extended game action. Additionally, the 49ers have had trouble with big, bruising backs (see Lynch, Marshawn, Peterson, Adrian, and Jackson, Steven). In the second matchup the Rams couldn't do ANYTHING on O. The Rams O scored a grand total of 3 points in regulation. The other 10 were on a safety that was incorrectly called on Kaep (the ball DID cross the LOS out of bounds...which counts) and an unforced error on a pitch to Ginn and a less than steller effort from Ginn to recover the fumble (plus a 2 point conversion).

To act like somehow the Rams dominated the 49ers last year is less than honest. I think the Seattle loss doesn't mean all people think it means...but at least that was a dominant win by Seattle and not a game in which the other team effectively handed them the game.

Seems that someone has forgotten that football is a game of offense, defense, and special teams where the team with the most points wins. It doesn't matter if the offense could only score 3 points in regulation if the other units are doing their jobs and the team has more points at the end of the game. Even in the imaginary world where all 49ers errors are unforced and apparently players get hurt on there own.

Not that any of this matters for 2013 games, but Steven Jackson averaged only 3.5 yards per carry with 29 carries for 101 yards in that 1st game. His backup and probably the 2013 Rams starter averaged 8.3 yards per carry on 7 carries for 58 yards. BTW, Jackson averaged 2.3 yards per carry (21 for 48) in the Rams victory during the 2nd game.

Danny Amendola was huge in the tie game, but didn't play in the Rams victory vs. the 49ers. Just one of the 20 or so games he's missed the past couple of seasons.

Both players could have been re-signed if the Rams really wanted or deemed they needed them. In fact, the team let Jackson out of his contract. Seems the organization (the guys with all the info) didn't think as highly of them as you do.

dcbshowstopper

Reaction score
The "you lost your two best players" thing throws me off. SJ39 didn't have his best games against either team and as stated before Amendola missed a whole lot of time. The running backs are going to surprise a lot of people this season as Fisher is moving to committee approach, so it will be hard for Richardson to wear down. We can go back and forth about last season and how this game and that game was won, but it won't prove anything. I don't think the Rams will go 4-1-1 in the division again, but this will be a much improved team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Thread Killer":2nkj27od said:
Marvin49":2nkj27od said:

Seems that someone has forgotten that football is a game of offense, defense, and special teams where the team with the most points wins. It doesn't matter if the offense could only score 3 points in regulation if the other units are doing their jobs and the team has more points at the end of the game. Even in the imaginary world where all 49ers errors are unforced and apparently players get hurt on there own.

Not that any of this matters for 2013 games, but Steven Jackson averaged only 3.5 yards per carry with 29 carries for 101 yards in that 1st game. His backup and probably the 2013 Rams starter averaged 8.3 yards per carry on 7 carries for 58 yards. BTW, Jackson averaged 2.3 yards per carry (21 for 48) in the Rams victory during the 2nd game.

Danny Amendola was huge in the tie game, but didn't play in the Rams victory vs. the 49ers. Just one of the 20 or so games he's missed the past couple of seasons.

Both players could have been re-signed if the Rams really wanted or deemed they needed them. In fact, the team let Jackson out of his contract. Seems the organization (the guys with all the info) didn't think as highly of them as you do.

Wait...ALL phases of the game count? GASP!!

Thanks Sherlock.

The Rams won the game. Good for them. My point was that I don't think you can count on Kaepernick getting called for a Phantom Safety or pitching to nobody again. Those were mistakes by Kaepernick (and the refs) and aren't likely to be repeated. Can the Rams beat the 49ers? Sure they can. Any team can beat any other team....but I have seen too many Rams fans pound their chests over 2 pretty pathetic games for both teams. Those games were IMO the exception, not the rule.

It amazes me how much confidence you Rams fans have.

As for Jackson and Amendola....clearly I was talking about the tie because I have already stated they could do NOTHING in the second matchup.

I guess its all good tho. Pound your chest about a bogus safety and an errant pitch. Wow. Rams really blow the Niners doors off on those plays. Gratz!!!

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Marvin49":1koy1i7w said:

Yes, the Rams won with their D. This season that D is back and improved. They are also bringing the Fastest Show On Turf on O.

So, your story next season should be even more interesting.

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ngq5s7w said:

Listen here....what was your schedule outside the division last year? The only reason you had a good divisional record is largely attributed to miracles and inexerienced QBs. Guess what? Those QBs aren't inexperienced this year. Wilson has a full year under his belt. Kaep has 10 games and played on the biggest stage. Palmer is a HUGE upgrade in Arizona regardless of his age.

Good luck going .500 this year. You're best 2 offensive players walked out the door. You're new miracle worker rookie is 5'8" and 170 lbs and you have Alex Smith the Sequel at QB.

That was last season. That O is gone.

SJ39 and Amendola have not only been replaced, they've been improved upon.

The Rams D is back and even better.

They are exploding with talent this season.

The Seahawks have the best secondary in the league. The Rams have the best front 7. It's going to be interesting.

Good luck to the Hawks and remember kids, you're never too young to hate the Niners.

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Marvin49":21mhnmic said:
OK....

I RESPOND to posts by Seattle fans. I don't START posts that are Niner related and I don't post completely asanine comments about how you can't stop the Rams receivers with the best secondary in the NFL.

How do you stop them? You Jam them at the line with 6'3" and 6'4" cornerbacks and cover the slot reciever with one of the best CBs in the game over the last several years. A better question is how to the Rams receivers walk out of that game upright with no support from the run game.

OMG, a Niner fan claiming the high ground! :34853_doh: :177692:

You can't jam what you can't catch. You cover the slot with your best CB, how do you cover one of the fastest WR, RB and TE in the league?

Anyway, there is no answer. The Rams are going to sweep the NFCW this season. At least, unlike the Cards in game one, by game four the Niners will see it coming.

OP
OP
RamzFanz

RamzFanz

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":205a7td5 said:
Rams ain't gonna beat the Hawks.... but, by god, we're rooting for them to do the niners again this season.

(a couple unbelievable 60 yard FGs and a desperate trick play, still makes me laugh and shake my head.)

..and the Rams still have Legatron and Shotty so the 60 yard field goals and trick plays are not going away. The bad news is the Rams have an even better D and a whole new O that is going to shock the NFCW. I know no one will acknowledge what they have done, but it's going to be impressive.

The games with Seattle will be defensive wars though.

Good luck to the Hawks and remember kids, you're never too young to hate the Niners.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I won't worry about the Rams until and if Bradford actually shows something. Until then? 7-9/8-8 looks about right.

Thread Killer

Reaction score
Marvin49":22p17z1d said:
Thread Killer":22p17z1d said:
Marvin49":22p17z1d said:

Wait...ALL phases of the game count? GASP!!

Thanks Sherlock.

The Rams won the game. Good for them. My point was that I don't think you can count on Kaepernick getting called for a Phantom Safety or pitching to nobody again. Those were mistakes by Kaepernick (and the refs) and aren't likely to be repeated. Can the Rams beat the 49ers? Sure they can. Any team can beat any other team....but I have seen too many Rams fans pound their chests over 2 pretty pathetic games for both teams. Those games were IMO the exception, not the rule.

It amazes me how much confidence you Rams fans have.

As for Jackson and Amendola....clearly I was talking about the tie because I have already stated they could do NOTHING in the second matchup.

I guess its all good tho. Pound your chest about a bogus safety and an errant pitch. Wow. Rams really blow the Niners doors off on those plays. Gratz!!!

Seemed like a good lesson to bring up for someone who seems to blindly believes that 49ers players can't be forced into mistakes and wants to point out how many points were scored by an offense in a particular game last year while ignoring the other phases of the game.

And no one is pounding their chest about any particular play in either game. You ignorantly keep bringing up the same things as if they were the only two plays in the entire game in which the Rams came out on top. 49ers score more points against the defense or on special teams and they win. But, they didn't. So they loss. It burns you up so you resort to the well....uh...if my team's player didn't do this or that nonsense as if what happened was done irregardless to the opposing team's efforts.

Let me give you an example of an unforced error. Brandon Gibson (another former Rams player) lines up wrong nullifying Amendola long pass play in overtime that probably helps win the tie game via a chip shot FG. That's an unforced error.

As for Jackson and Amendola your point falls on death ears. Why? Because of the two, Amendola was the only player to have a good game (again didn't play in game two). And Jackson didn't have a strong performances in either game which totally contradicts your 49ers issues with bruising backs theory when it comes to the Rams. At worst there was no issue in game two.

BTW, it doesn't amaze me one bit how much chutzpah some 49ers fans can have such as yourself.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sorry Marvin but your getting taken to school here. Maybe you should quit before he takes your lunch money too.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":2me681lw said:
OK....

The difference is the Niner trolls have already been banned. It's not like we haven't had ourr fair share (being extremely polite here) of moronic Niner fans that are as bad or worse.

Personally I am enjoying the exchange between the two fan bases and the biggest difference I see is one fan base makes alot more excuses and dismisses legitimate issues, than the other.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RamzFanz":2owslwmy said:
Marvin49":2owslwmy said:

That was last season. That O is gone.

SJ39 and Amendola have not only been replaced, they've been improved upon.

The Rams D is back and even better.

They are exploding with talent this season.

The Seahawks have the best secondary in the league. The Rams have the best front 7. It's going to be interesting.

You lost all credibility on that one.

Do you seriously believe that your front 7 is better than Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Navorro Bowman, Ahmad Brooks, Justin Smith, Ray McDonald and Ian Williams/Glenn Dorsey (Ian has been the surprise of camp and Dorsey looks good...BOTH improvements thus far over Isaac Sopoaga)?

Dream on.

At least you aren't as delusional as other Rams fans I've seen who call thier secondary the best in the NFL.

O improved upon? I call BS in a big way. Does Austin look dynamic? Sure. How often tho do 5'8" 170lb WRS light it up in the NFL as rookies? Jackson has been your best player for a decade. Did Richardson have a higher average per carry last year than Jackson? Sure...but I'm pretty sure that he's gonna feel how much harder it is to be THE guy now that Jackson is gone.

Bradford? Please. The guy is Alex Smith part 2. I know all about that one.

So please...at least finish over .500 before trying to start something. It's really hollow. If you guys have a good year, then you can get some props just as the Niners and Seahawks have done in recent years.