Who will be our kicker this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CANHawk

Reaction score
two dog":20blq747 said:
CANHawk":20blq747 said:
Kickers aren't real football players. Any dope soccer player can kick field goals... Go pillage the MLS for a kicker. Those guys only make like $50k/yr, they'd jump at a $250k nfl contract.

So the bunch of guys at Home depot are not going to get it ?? Now we need Major League Soccer kickers.
I have to point out that they're not football players either, at least the kind we're discussing.
We're getting closer though.

Dude, the MLS guys ARE the guys hanging around in front of home depot whenever they aren't playing wuss ball. Kickers are a dime a dozen. Paying $3m for a glorified kickball player is Loony Tunes...

two dog

Reaction score
CANHawk":aefribco said:
two dog":aefribco said:
CANHawk":aefribco said:
Kickers aren't real football players. Any dope soccer player can kick field goals... Go pillage the MLS for a kicker. Those guys only make like $50k/yr, they'd jump at a $250k nfl contract.

So the bunch of guys at Home depot are not going to get it ?? Now we need Major League Soccer kickers.
I have to point out that they're not football players either, at least the kind we're discussing.
We're getting closer though.

Dude, the MLS guys ARE the guys hanging around in front of home depot whenever they aren't playing wuss ball. Kickers are a dime a dozen. Paying $3m for a glorified kickball player is Loony Tunes...

Loony maybe...but they just did it. Besides, you'll never convince me that bunch of guys in front of Home depot are MLS players, though I don't have direct evidence to the contrary. Besides, I think the only time MLS players hang in bunches
is when they're waiting for the designated mom to pick them up in the Suburban.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CANHawk":2ts81m8o said:

If this was the case, then there would be a bunch of "dope soccer players" kicking FG's in the NFL.

The fact is kicking requires not just practice and skill, but a certain mindset/personality. Hauschka is a great kicker for more than just his accuracy and strong leg, he has a very calm nature about him personality wise.

Sorry, but MLS players don't step into the league and go 43/45 with 2-3 game winners every year. If they could, then would make 250k over 50k. What, you think they play soccer over football because they love the sport? LOL.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
I'm not saying I'm clairvoyant, but I have a very strong feeling Hauschka will return under a 3 yr. deal in the neighborhood of Oooh, around 9 million. Call it a hunch.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Snakeeyes007":1d1u0rcn said:
I'm not saying I'm clairvoyant, but I have a very strong feeling Hauschka will return under a 3 yr. deal in the neighborhood of Oooh, around 9 million. Call it a hunch.

So dumb when we could have got Pele to come out of retirement and kick for $10 a week.

CANHawk

Reaction score
OMG this is an outrage! For this kind of money, the guys out front of Home Depot would kick your field goals plus unload your truck, build you a deck, put your Christmas lights up, take your Christmas lights down AND clean your gutters.

Such a blatant disregard for money... SMH.

joeshaney

Reaction score
I think we will bring back Hauscka.
But with Pete there always has to be competition so I can see them bring in a good kicker like Brandon Coutu to push him.

Unfortunately, there isn't any roster space so we may need to cut someone (Bennett?).

-The Glove-

Reaction score
joeshaney":dp8fct5l said:
I think we will bring back Hauscka.
But with Pete there always has to be competition so I can see them bring in a good kicker like Brandon Coutu to push him.

Unfortunately, there isn't any roster space so we may need to cut someone (Bennett?).
he's resigned with a 3 yr 9 mill deal

CANHawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":3ec717d2 said:
OMG this is an outrage! For this kind of money, the guys out front of Home Depot would kick your field goals plus unload your truck, build you a deck, put your Christmas lights up, take your Christmas lights down AND clean your gutters.

Such a blatant disregard for money... SMH.

AND make inappropriate comments of a sexual nature toward your wife thus boosting her self esteem. We could have got so much more bang for our buck...

chris98251

Reaction score
Since the answer is known locked to move on to more important things.

Status
Not open for further replies.