Who Wears Home Unis In Super Bowl This Year: NFC or AFC?

Sturm

Reaction score
Or do they get to choose which ones they want to wear?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I believe its even numbered SB's = home for the AFC and odd = home for the NFC.

OP
OP
S

Sturm

Reaction score
So we'll be in our whites and greys. :0190l:

Cartire

Reaction score
Honestly, for the superbowl, as long as the colors dont blend together, both teams should be able to wear home.

Broncos/Seahawks would be tits. Orange and blue on the field. MMMMM

blue 22

Reaction score
If I was a young man like you I would be mounting every woman in Wapashaw!

[youtube]MGQYSw1Yvps[/youtube]

Basis4day

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1iia65jn said:
I thought the "home team" was the one with the better record.

It alternates. Stealers chose whites as they wore them all through the playoffs the year we beat them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":azd4jv7f said:
Crazy. For some reason I always thought the winner of the pro bowl was home team in super bowl. Wonder who's butt I pulled that from.

I think you watch too much MLB :lol:

For some reason I was under the impression that home team was decided by a coin toss after championship week.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
We should wear the Blue home jerseys. See home winning streak for reasons why...

253hawk

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'd love to see Seattle rock their wolf grey unis in the SB.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Alternates are not allowed in the Super Bowl. If we make it, we will for certain be wearing all white. Unless a surprice afc wildcard team gets there and decides to pull "a stealers" and wear white as the home team.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
AFC for this year.

Home team designation
The designated "home team" alternates between the NFC team in odd-numbered games and the AFC team in even-numbered games.[33][34] This alternation was initiated with the first Super Bowl, when the Green Bay Packers were the designated home team. Regardless of being the home or away team of record, each team has their team wordmark painted in one of the end zones along with their conference designation. Designated away teams have won 27 of 47 Super Bowls to date (.574).
Since Super Bowl XIII in January 1979, the home team is given the choice of wearing their colored or white jerseys. Formerly, the designated home team was specified to wear their colored jerseys, which resulted in Dallas donning their less familiar dark blue jerseys for Super Bowl V. While most of the home teams in the Super Bowl have chosen to wear their colored jerseys, there have been four exceptions; the Cowboys during Super Bowl XIII and XXVII, the Washington Redskins during Super Bowl XVII, and the Pittsburgh Steelers during Super Bowl XL. The Cowboys, since 1965, and Redskins, since the arrival of coach Joe Gibbs in 1981, have traditionally worn white jerseys at home. Meanwhile, the Steelers, who have always worn their black jerseys at home since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, opted for the white jerseys after winning three consecutive playoff games on the road, wearing white. The Steelers' decision was compared with the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XX; the Patriots had worn white jerseys at home during the 1985 season, but after winning road playoff games against the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins wearing red jerseys, New England opted to switch to red for the Super Bowl as the designated home team. White-shirted teams have won 29 of 47 Super Bowls to date (.617).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl

253hawk

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":364w65gw said:
Alternates are not allowed in the Super Bowl. If we make it, we will for certain be wearing all white. Unless a surprice afc wildcard team gets there and decides to pull "a stealers" and wear white as the home team.

I know, I just like them. Any idea who we will get to wear them against this season?

OP
OP
S

Sturm

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":tqfjo2t2 said:

I don't think the grey pants qualify as alternates. I think that might just be the jerseys.