Who was it that Kam crushed last night and is there a .gif?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2u9jxpll said:
kidhawk":2u9jxpll said:
If it's the play I'm thinking of it was Vernon Davis.....later in the game, Davis kind of short armed a Kaep pass with Kam baring down on him.

Yeah, it was Davis, but the later alligator-armed slant pass with Kam coming down that you're thinking of was Crabtree.

Yes you are right it was....Kam has the reputation of a hard hitter in the middle and I think it pays off at times like that when Crabtree didn't make that catch.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^ Yep. Combination of the throw being late and the Hawks' safeties both being really, really good in coming down and clogging the lanes on those short slants. People know that. Crabtree clearly knew that. :) TBH I was just completely perplexed that Roman called that play in that situation, given the Seahawks' safeties' reputations for blowing up that play, and that it was (IIRC) a third down one. For me blame goes 60% Roman 40% Kap. I don't blame Crabtree for not getting killed AT ALL. ;)

OrFan

Reaction score
Kam could work for the health dept. when he gets out of football.

"Sir, what experience have you had?"

"I've knocked the crap out of VD so often that it is afraid to show it's ugly face around here anymore."

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Throwdown":x9quarri said:
Vernon Davis is really going to have Kam Chancellor in his nightmares

Kam might be my favorite player, and even I have Kam Chancellor nightmares.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
HawkFan72":v50e2dxh said:
Vernon Davis fears Kam Chancellor.

And Kam Chancellor owns Vernon Davis.

Vernon Davis a big time pussy. If you recall he was obviously knocked out last December by Kam, then in week 2 he took himself out of the game with a supposed "hamstring" injury. Again against Carolina he didn't finish the game. Yesterday he finally finished the game but took a big shot and was completely useless thereafter.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Popeyejones":216vgcwg said:
^^ Yep. Combination of the throw being late and the Hawks' safeties both being really, really good in coming down and clogging the lanes on those short slants. People know that. Crabtree clearly knew that. :) TBH I was just completely perplexed that Roman called that play in that situation, given the Seahawks' safeties' reputations for blowing up that play, and that it was (IIRC) a third down one. For me blame goes 60% Roman 40% Kap. I don't blame Crabtree for not getting killed AT ALL. ;)

You run a slant like that on downs that you NEED short/medium yardage. Every WR, QB and OC knows before the snap that there's a high chance of getting blown up by a LB or safety inside. It's up to the QB and WR to hook up and the WR to come down with the catch in that situation.

That was actually a good play call. The Seahawks ran a couple slants in big time situations and our receivers were up for it. Made catches when they realized they were gonna get popped and did their best to secure the ball and not get killed.

300ZXNA

Reaction score
When they extended Kam last year, I thought it was an overpay for a non-essential LOB member. He responded with his best season yet. Well done...