Which team has had the worst off-season so far?

bileever

Reaction score
My vote goes to the Eagles. They've lost LBs T.J. Edwards and Kyzir White, Javon Hargrave, Andre Dillard, both safeties, CJ Gardner-Johnson and Marcus Epps, and Miles Sanders. And the players they managed to re-sign are a little long in the tooth: Jason Kelce (36), Brandon Graham (34), Fletcher Cox (32) and Darius Slay (32). They do have 2 first round picks, but that's a lot of good players to lose. Unfortunately, the price of success in the NFL.

My second vote goes to the Jets, if they end up with Aaron Rodgers. I'm not sure that's going to work out. And how does giving up resources for a one-year rental make any sense? He's not bringing a whole new culture to the Jets, like Brady did when he went to Tampa Bay.

James in PA

Reaction score
My vote goes to the Eagles. They've lost LBs T.J. Edwards and Kyzir White, Javon Hargrave, Andre Dillard, both safeties, CJ Gardner-Johnson and Marcus Epps, and Miles Sanders. And the players they managed to re-sign are a little long in the tooth: Jason Kelce (36), Brandon Graham (34), Fletcher Cox (32) and Darius Slay (32). They do have 2 first round picks, but that's a lot of good players to lose. Unfortunately, the price of success in the NFL.

My second vote goes to the Jets, if they end up with Aaron Rodgers. I'm not sure that's going to work out. And how does giving up resources for a one-year rental make any sense? He's not bringing a whole new culture to the Jets, like Brady did when he went to Tampa Bay.
I agree with Philly. They also lost Isaac Seumalo, a solid guard, and BOTH COORDINATORS.

Jac

Reaction score
They lost their DC as well. This is also Jalen Hurts' last year under a rookie contract so they lose that advantage soon. It's definitely the latest case study in needing to win the SB when you have the chance (e.g., the Rams) because success/dollars/age will soon tear apart your roster.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I'll say the Rams.

They've lost Wagner, Floyd & gave away Ramsey for very little.

They have an aging roster & don't have a ton of cap space. While Detroit also owns their pick. The whole "**** them picks" mantra is finally starting to catch up with them.

They're a team that is trending downwards. Which is great for us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bileever

bileever

Reaction score
They lost their DC as well. This is also Jalen Hurts' last year under a rookie contract so they lose that advantage soon. It's definitely the latest case study in needing to win the SB when you have the chance (e.g., the Rams) because success/dollars/age will soon tear apart your roster.
The way things are structured, you're almost penalized for success in the NFL. In the Rams' case, they deserve what they're getting because they went about building their team in a way that was guaranteed to end up this way.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams built their team like the Marlins did to get a World Championship in 97 and 2003. Yankees did it also but maintained success mostly because they were in New York and Steinbrenner paid players and they had the money to do it. Cap in NFL prevents dynasty's like that in Baseball.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm gonna reserve judgement till after the draft. Knowing a team like the eagles they'll end up drafting well and filling those holes for cheaper.