Where was Bruce Irvin today?

BamKam

Reaction score
I remember when some people wanted me banned for saying Bruce Irvin is overrated. The guy gets sacks here and there but not much else at all.

Doesn't mean he can't improve, especially learning a new position... but people are a little delusional of how good he actually he because of the Green Bay game last year.

pehawk

Reaction score
The Titans run inside, so he wasn't going to get many tackles. And, I think the Hawks we're content rushing without the spinner today.

He actually surpises in space as LB. Not hearing or seeing him specifically today is a good sign.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
The 5 WR sets put us in dime and nickel situations, could still have used him on some of the Fitzgerald runs.

seabowl

Reaction score
BamKam":vmgqeus9 said:
I remember when some people wanted me banned for saying Bruce Irvin is overrated. The guy gets sacks here and there but not much else at all.

Doesn't mean he can't improve, especially learning a new position... but people are a little delusional of how good he actually he because of the Green Bay game last year.

I was posting Bruce is overrated stuff all last year and was torched by many too. He was way raw last year and better show some improvement. I am also not sold on Avril being here long term. Bennett is showing he is much better overall.

kearly

Reaction score
If Pete doesn't overturn that fumble recovery, Seattle has 3 sacks. I thought Seattle did a good job of getting pressure in 4 seconds. There wasn't any quick strike stuff, but it was consistent. I did expect more, but I'll take it. The defense as a whole was outstanding- No offensive TDs and just 1 RZ trip for Tennessee. I think all phases of the defense seemed to contribute equally in this game. Fitzpatrick doens't like to run, but he had to a lot in this game because our pass rush was constantly making him move.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
BamKam":qqbb0tvp said:

I wanted you banned. I'll admit it.

Sturm

Reaction score
On a similar note, where was Avril? Two weeks now and nothing from the guy.

seabowl

Reaction score
Sturm":2xlpvtue said:
On a similar note, where was Avril? Two weeks now and nothing from the guy.

Overrated. Heard this from Lions fans that he was the beneficiary of their strong interior DL.

Ruminator

Reaction score
AzHawker":1z1t37np said:
Bigger question is where the he'll was our pass rush today?!

More like pass flush, as I posted elsewhere. Our D does push up toward the QB pocket, but so slowly that the opposing QB does his thing off to one side or the other. Been seeing this quite a bit all season.

Latest posts