Where are they now: Shaun Alexander

TVHAWK

Reaction score
OK- OK, I hate to do this but I gotta speak my piece...Shaun was a fast, smooth runner who ran thru BIG holes behind a great line and made some big stats.. But he ALWAYS finished his runs like a WIMP.. You go back and watch the end of the game with the Back-stabbing comment.. His last few carries he showed what he COULD have done all along. He struggled for yards as hard as hell as he neared the record..God only knows what he might have accomplished if he ran that hard ALL the time..If he had any guts he would have realized that HE failed to set the record because HE didn't run harder in the first 3 quarters of the game....But to blame the coach just showed his true colors..SELFISH
I think back to seeing Emmett Smith on national TV calling Shaun out for being a Wimpy runner with no guts, and pointing out that the really great running backs are also great pass catchers in space and More importantly GREAT PASS BLOCKERS..How many times did Payton or Emmit save their QB's life picking up a blitz..Ricky Watters or Beast Mode would rather die or risk injury rather than get brought down..Walter Payton said his biggest thrill on the field was the feeling of laying a blitzing defender out and saving his QB... THAT is being a HOF'er..
Stats alone do not tell the whole story..We love that Russell Wilson is so smart about avoiding injury BUT HE'S A QB...I'm sorry but I am old-school and I can't help wondering what Shaun might have accomplished if he had the heart and guts of Walter Payton, or Emmit Smith, or Watters or Lynch...THOSE are the kind of running backs that make the HOF..Not little softies that are afraid of contact, and lay down in the fetal position at first contact...So sorry to you guys that loved his smooth ballet grace, But I prefer my RB's with BALLS not BALLET.
SO- FLAME ON-
:pukeface:

Latest posts