Where are they now: Shaun Alexander

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Was listening to sports radio this morning on the way to work and Ahmad Rashad came on with one of his 30 second "Where are they now" segments, and it happened to be about Shaun Alexander. It said that Shaun's current goal is to write at least 2 movie scripts.

Nothing very earth shattering, just kinda interesting, I never knew Shaun was into writing or anything like that.

largenutz

Reaction score
very cool, Id like to know whats up with Shaun too... Writing movies? I dont know about that but he had a smile of a leading man! I figured he'd be a preacher somewhere...

Wartooth

Reaction score
Anyone ever think about what Lynch could have done with that same line blocking for him that Shaun had?
Wow!

dbmack

Reaction score
Didn't he have some kind of thing going like a boot camp or something for players who want to get into movie making? Seems like I read something about it not that long ago.

kearly

Reaction score
I can't remember where, but about a year ago I saw a video segment on SA where he was in soCal trying to intern with production companies.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1c89hj74 said:
Was listening to sports radio this morning on the way to work and Ahmad Rashad came on with one of his 30 second "Where are they now" segments, and it happened to be about Shaun Alexander. It said that Shaun's current goal is to write at least 2 movie scripts.

Nothing very earth shattering, just kinda interesting, I never knew Shaun was into writing or anything like that.

I always assumed he ran through a HUGE HOLE in the line, fell into the fetal after being touched by the defense, never to get up.

Interesting.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wartooth":3njq9vbl said:
Anyone ever think about what Lynch could have done with that same line blocking for him that Shaun had?
Wow!
Yeah, I did, answer?, about 1,887 yards, (or there abouts)
Lots of dis'n on SA, and most of it is uncalled for in my opinion, because he helped Hasselbutt get it over the top and get us in the 2005 SB.
I for one will always hold a place in my cudos book for Shaun Alexander.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2qpabhbu said:
Wartooth":2qpabhbu said:
Wow!
Yeah, I did, answer?, about 1,887 yards, (or there abouts)
Lots of dis'n on SA, and most of it is uncalled for in my opinion, because he helped Hasselbutt get it over the top and get us in the 2005 SB.
I for one will always hold a place in my cudos book for Shaun Alexander.

Agreed.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Best left side of a offensive line in the history of the NFL. Nothing needs to be said about the flash in the pan running back behind it.

Barthawk

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":1j7vryrp said:
Best left side of a offensive line in the history of the NFL. Nothing needs to be said about the flash in the pan running back behind it.

I hope you were drunk when posting this.. Flash in the pan? 5 consecutive seasons of 15 touchdowns or more (NFL record at the time).. all-time leading rusher in team history.. NFL MVP in 2005.. all because of the OL..

Shaun was a stud at every level of football he played, unfortunately for us he broke his foot and wrist in consecutive seasons after signing a big deal.

NYCoug

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":19oxikvv said:

This is tragic on so many levels. The only thing more tragic is that you're not the only Hawks fan who thinks like this.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":213lqz4o said:

You need a time out. "Flash in the pan" RB's dont rush for 9500 yds and 100 TD's. Get a grip man

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawkfan509":4ryod94l said:
cockeyhawk":4ryod94l said:

You need a time out. "Flash in the pan" RB's dont rush for 9500 yds and 100 TD's. Get a grip man

The real question is, are "Flash in the pan" RB's all "stabbed in the back"

SA is a lightening rod for criticism among hawk fans, and unfortunately for him, he brought it all on himself.

The following are all true:

He was talented.
He had a great o-line, one of the best ever.
He was selfish.
He was soft.

therein lies the problem.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":2jyljvqr said:

Funny, a significant portion of his runs came from the right side, and he did just as well there. Weird. Maybe SA's script will be about a running back who never gets any respect.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":k7y8pzw7 said:

You don't rack up hall of fame numbers the way He did without just a smidgen of skill and grit. You also don't do it alone. But to backhandedly attribute that exclusively to the play of the left side of his O-Line is just blinkered.

Sac

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":17jycm7f said:
SacHawk2.0":17jycm7f said:
I heard he was making a video to teach QBs how to slide properly

Being spoiled by BeastMode and his yards after contact, makes you realize just how soft SA was.

I was just making a joke. I loved SA. I still have his Jersey. Alexander and his superb play elicited more cheers from me than any other Seahawk ever, probably because he was the must productive Seahawk ever not at the QB position.

His 2006 campaign playing on a broken foot? That took guts just to get on the field.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":kagxuqoi said:
400WattHPSHawk":kagxuqoi said:
SacHawk2.0":kagxuqoi said:
I heard he was making a video to teach QBs how to slide properly

Being spoiled by BeastMode and his yards after contact, makes you realize just how soft SA was.

I was just making a joke.

You should know better than to do that around here.