When do the first wave of roster cuts come in?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Pete mentioned over the weekend right after the report of vets in the first cut that no moves to be announced officially until Tuesday.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Listening to Clayton and Gee -- they didn't say Browner was cut, but I sure got the feeling they were talking about him in the past tense without actually saying it.

Team media rules Suck. Guy gets cut and reporters aren't allowed to report.

HawkGA

Reaction score
nrayorr":1fdilp46 said:
Well... I think that this new long snapper (can't remember his name) should be on the bubble because his snaps makes me nervous. They are low too many times which makes me nervous for Jon Ryan. I'm told he was signed for cap reasons over Gresham, but the saying goes, "You get what you pay for." I know this doesn't apply to all rookies, but for this guy they need to make a call to Gresham unless he was already scooped up by another team.

Gotta say the fact he hasn't been replaced has me quite worried. It seems a no brainer and yet they seem almost stubborn in not replacing him. Is Cable in charge of the long snapper too????

OP
OP
G

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2icp8ak9 said:
Pete mentioned over the weekend right after the report of vets in the first cut that no moves to be announced officially until Tuesday.

Don't you usually get guys tweeting, thanking the team for the opportunity and hinting etc

sutz

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2tuqzdtt said:
Attyla the Hawk":2tuqzdtt said:

Don't you usually get guys tweeting, thanking the team for the opportunity and hinting etc
This is a bit of a change from prior years. Before, they used to announce cuts a day or so early. Maybe there are more difficult choices this year.
:229031_shrug:

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":20r7w0y7 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":20r7w0y7 said:
Attyla the Hawk":20r7w0y7 said:

This is a bit of a change from prior years. Before, they used to announce cuts a day or so early. Maybe there are more difficult choices this year.
:229031_shrug:

Maybe they are keeping quiet hoping for a long snapper to be cut they want to bring in................................:)

OP
OP
G

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":oaq70hko said:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seems like teams in the western US have a certain propensity in regards to things like cuts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... 75-players

not-gonna-do-it.jpg

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2vh1rrf5 said:
Attyla the Hawk":2vh1rrf5 said:

You do. There's nothing teams can do about that.

The only way to prevent that is to not inform anyone of the cuts until Tuesday. It's possible the team asked and players acquiesced in terms of not tweeting.

My guess is the cuts are known internally. But players involved not informed. Seattle has definitely tightened up the ship in regards to 'unnamed sources' in the organization with regards to draft intent. So it's not unthinkable they've applied that tight lipped standard for TC cuts.

McGruff

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":idtakr91 said:
Looks like Browner and Lewis cut.

No surprise there. Browner had no position other than a fee gimmicks plays, and Lewis was outplayed by a younger pure center in Hunt.

I expect Silaga and/or Hill and Evans to be next.

Erebus

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2breddv9 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2breddv9 said:
Attyla the Hawk":2breddv9 said:

The only way to prevent that is to not inform anyone of the cuts until Tuesday. It's possible the team asked and players acquiesced in terms of not tweeting.

My guess is the cuts are known internally. But players involved not informed. Seattle has definitely tightened up the ship in regards to 'unnamed sources' in the organization with regards to draft intent. So it's not unthinkable they've applied that tight lipped standard for TC cuts.

What is to be gained from asking them to be tight-lipped about it until the team announces it? Add more drama on cutdown day?

DJrmb

Reaction score
Erebus":3lpartw4 said:
Attyla the Hawk":3lpartw4 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":3lpartw4 said:
Attyla the Hawk":3lpartw4 said:

What is to be gained from asking them to be tight-lipped about it until the team announces it? Add more drama on cutdown day?

If it's a player they want to try to get onto the PS they could want them to keep quiet until the last minute in hopes that teams grab other guys (guys that have already been announced as on the market).