What's up with Browner?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1ag2ulj2 said:
Seeing as the Seahawks don't gameplan for pre-season games, there's every chance we just haven't seen him used all that specifically.
^ Exactly ^
I'm curious as to what signs that some of y'all are looking for...Expecting Pete to show you his hole cards? :lol:

sc85sis

Reaction score
The only the I noticed him was in the Chiefs game when he pretty much whiffed on a tackle. Hopefully that was an anomaly.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":32t12zv8 said:
The only the I noticed him was in the Chiefs game when he pretty much whiffed on a tackle. Hopefully that was an anomaly.
Its not.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

AVL

Reaction score
Since Browner is getting paid this year anything over the minimum by N.O. I think he is an excellent canidate for the ghost squad.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2fobpnmy said:
I doubt they are going to show him in that role until the regular season.

This is my thought as well. Pete subscribes to the "don't show them anything good in the preseason" philosophy.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":26ro3wgu said:
The idea we wouldn't show our hand just makes no sense.

1st, after 1 game you've shown your hand.

But since you never got a chance to actually evaluate how this magical new formula is going to work in live fire, it could have flaws that cost you several games to figure out. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to evaluate & fix those flaws in preseason than in regular season games that matter?

I am a huge Browner fan.

If you ripped up my lawn but left a giant Browner statue behind in place - I wouldn't be upset at all. He isn't a God, but he is close. He laid the foundation of what became the LOB. His physicality defined what became the calling card of the Seahawk defense.

I want to give him every chance in the world.

But

In the past few games, when I see him he is often out of position and missing tackles.

I don't understand the love for McCray or whatever his name is. He doesn't seem to accomplish much except make pretty regular tackles after the ball is caught. I don't get an enforcer vibe from him, and whenever I see him on the field it is just a sign he is replacing someone we need in that position. So it isn't as if Browner has some tall hill to climb to beat out Mc. But he cannot even do that so far.

Disappointing. Hopefully it changes because if we have to field a secondary with the other guy we are going to be giving up passes all over the middle. But so far Browner has brought nothing to the field to even merit being given that chance.

I absolutely agree with your statement about McCray! Looks average at best to me and I brought up in another thread that celebrating breaking up a pass that should have been an easy pic doesn't have LOB written all over it! I also am a Browner fan but I'm not even sure he's been on the field this pre-season! He was used wrong the two years he's been away, and I believe he'll make the team but I'd like to see a little more production out of him before the season begins!! Heck, I don't believe our starting offense has shown for a game either so far!!! I really would like to see some production from them this Thursday or I will begin to worry!!!

Schadie001

Reaction score
Browner has played in both preseason games. I would be one willing to bet he IS making the team based on the press conference Pete had after the last game where he said we know what we have in Browner and that he has been exactly what they thought during practice. We are going very vanilla in the preseason and Pete even said they aren't showing a lot. Everyone should be reading into this that Browner is in their plans, they know how he will be used and they aren't showing it right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":136sgurv said:
I think they dont want to tip their hand too early . Once the regular season starts i think he will be in the box

This doesn't make sense to me.

Browner is not only coming off a season where he was injured, but he's supposedly playing a new position. This doesn't equal "let's keep him a secret."

This equals dude needs as much work as possible in the pre-season to get into game shape and learn a new position.

IMO it 's not a good sign that we're not seeing him, that tells me Browner is not long for this roster if he can't even get into a pre-season game.

McGruff

Reaction score
Schadie001":kt59j58f said:
I would be one willing to bet he IS making the team based on the press conference Pete had after the last game where he said we know what we have in Browner and that he has been exactly what they thought during practice.

Could go both ways.

"We thought he could play some safety for us, and we know now that he can."

"We thought he was washed up, but wanted to give him a shot at safety. We know now that he's washed up."

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
BFSGhost":38l6lpsf said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/767456054170882048[/tweet]

Based on this, it looks like they know what they have in Browner and know what they want to do with him.
And they are also evaluating the younger players who're getting his on-field time.