What THEY are saying

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
But the Broncos did play in overtime. It wasn't their offense, but some might say we didn't have our "best" squad (the defense) out there either. The point is that they got numerous snaps to try and stop us from advancing, and they couldn't. It's a team game and their team failed to defend. That's how the game works - irresistible force clashes with immovable object until one gives way. And who says they would have gotten a touchdown anyway? For 59 minutes of regulation they weren't looking too good.

I agree that if it had been reversed and the Donks offense marched down the field and scored a TD in the first possession of overtime, no one would be complaining about the "unfairness of it all" one bit.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
My god! If, if, if, if.....but,but,but,but.......coin toss? Are you kidding me? Peyton had an awesome drive in the 4th qtr. Wilson had an awesome drive in OT. Coin toss? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Is anyone talkin' that crap considering how hard it is to score a TD in OT on the first drive? Give me a freekin' break.

byau

Reaction score
Cartire":1wj99jfa said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000399052/article/denver-columnist-blames-coin-flip-for-broncos-loss

looks like were not the only ones laughing at them.

Good read

"Even [Payton] Manning nearly got sucked into the storyline for a brief moment, before realizing that it's a loser's lament.

"It puts a premium on the coin toss," Manning said. "I called tails at the beginning of the game, and went with it again in overtime. It was heads, and it proved to be a significant call. But that's the way it is. And you'd like to not leave it to that, leave it to get to that situation."

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Jacknut16":27mn87cw said:
taco40":27mn87cw said:
After another Seahawk win, it's time to see what the sportswriters are saying about their losing team:

"Bring it on. Super Bowl Redux. The Broncos are getting closer to the Seahawks, at least."
http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2657 ... es-broncos

"The Seahawks vanquished the Broncos again, pouring rubbing alcohol on an open wound. Halftime didn't mark the end this time, though. The Broncos stared down the bully. But they couldn't run the ball. Again." AND
" They (Broncos) stole a script from the San Francisco 49ers, prepared to win an ugly, bare fisted brawl."
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26 ... vs-seattle

"Unlike the Super Bowl, the only difference Sunday between the Broncos and Seattle was a flip of the coin." AND
"In 2012, the league amended its overtime rules to allow each team to possess the ball at least once in the extra period, unless a touchdown is scored on the opening drive by the lucky bums who win the coin flip."
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_265 ... cos-ending

Note: Deion Sanders, on the NFL network wrap-up show complained about the rules, too. Apparently both Kiszla (writer above) and the Sanders (who is often coherent, but not this time) grasped a little too much for a creative angle.

Denver had no business winning this game.

Without the missed FG, the Safety debacle of a drive, the INT that we had no business throwing, this game wasnt close.

The only reason Denver scored two TD's is because of the INT, and because of a prevent defense that boggles the mind.

The Seahawks are a better team even after the fact that the Broncos every more in the offseason was based on how they would beat teams like Seattle.

This Media outcry from Denver is completely pathetic not only in the whining about OT rules but the fact that the Broncos had all the breaks in the world in this game and still couldnt win it.

Sorry but your entirely incorrect about the prevent defense. infact I hate when people use this crutch in an argument. Bottom Line is that Denver executed their plays while the Seahawks made mental mistakes, but that's not to say they were in this "prevent defense" Seattle was playing the same type of defenses they did for the first 3 QTRS.

tom95

Reaction score
Don't forget it was a moral victory for the Donkeys. At least that was what was said during halftime of the Carolina game last night! I wonder if the or coach took them out for ice cream after the game. Go Hawks!

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Makes me appreciate how bad we wooped dat ass in the Superbowl.

Smellyman

Reaction score
scutterhawk":16l0w3ub said:
Terrance Knighton is another Professional sore loser, IF he really believed that they (the donko's) were the better team on Sunday, because they certainly did NOT prove it.
AND, Peyton's sniveling about the unlucky coin toss, shows that he too is a sore loser.
The Bronco's Players, starting with their chief cook and bottle washer, Peyton Manning and most of their delusional fans, need to lick their wounds, and learn to just move on.

Unger owned Knighton on the winning ML td run.

OP
OP
taco40

taco40

Reaction score
justthewest":2hki8i8c said:
I mean, there are no moral victories in football but... it was a well played game by the Broncos on the road.

I'm convinced we SHOULD give Denver credit for a moral victory.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Manning even chokes on coin flips.

Manning said. "I called tails at the beginning of the game, and went with it again in overtime. It was heads, and it proved to be a significant call."

OP
OP
taco40

taco40

Reaction score
White Devil":16iht80o said:
I'm tired of apologizing for this team winning. I don't care. The Seahawks have had their share of bad calls, or coulda, woulda, shoulda games....I refuse to shrug my shoulders when the ball bounces their way.

Go Hawks.

As irritating as it is to not really see Seattle get their due respect (not enough for us), isn't this really what we want for Seattle? to NOT get respect, to not get their due, do be looked upon as lucky and cheats? Doesn't that just fuel the fire of the game managing QB and the pedestrian receivers and low draft pick cast-offs. When push comes to shove (notice I refused to say "at the end of the....) all of the talking heads are doing us a big favor in establishing tons of bulletin board material.

White Devil

Reaction score
Smellyman":ite5p5bq said:
Manning even chokes on coin flips.

Manning said. "I called tails at the beginning of the game, and went with it again in overtime. It was heads, and it proved to be a significant call."

He stood no chance in that coin flip...

QR0Lcuo

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Next time the Broncos will demand a double-sided coin. The thing is if Manning did the same thing to the Hawks defense, I don't think any of us would be screaming we didn't have a chance.

Cartire

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2e1gtou4 said:
Next time the Broncos will demand a double-sided coin. The thing is if Manning did the same thing to the Hawks defense, I don't think any of us would be screaming we didn't have a chance.

Of course we wouldnt. Because this has litterally been a non-controversial rule since it was implemented. We have been in OT games prior to this one. We have won a game on the first possession before this one. We have seen other games that have either won or havent on the first possession. And no one has ever said its unfair.

Golden Boy doesnt get the ball. All of a sudden we have controversy.

47degreesn

Reaction score
If it really was a matter of a coin flip than we can say TJack whooped Peyton in Overtime.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2had6cez said:
But the Broncos did play in overtime. It wasn't their offense, but some might say we didn't have our "best" squad (the defense) out there either. The point is that they got numerous snaps to try and stop us from advancing, and they couldn't. It's a team game and their team failed to defend. That's how the game works - irresistible force clashes with immovable object until one gives way. And who says they would have gotten a touchdown anyway? For 59 minutes of regulation they weren't looking too good.

I agree that if it had been reversed and the Donks offense marched down the field and scored a TD in the first possession of overtime, no one would be complaining about the "unfairness of it all" one bit.

The same Knighton who got trucked by Sweezy on the final play?

CANHawk

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":3kznhvoa said:
SnoCoHawk":3kznhvoa said:

pot pie is a stupid fat lard.

Smellyman

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":103r114j said:
SnoCoHawk":103r114j said:

oops, earlier I said Unger. Sweezy shoved a hippo way out of the way

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
OK,,, we beat them with a coin flip. Does that mean T-Jack wooped Payton, and Tebow is better than Payton? Tebow won one like this.

This is how stupid this is.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They cried about the FGs going to the winner of the coin flip because that gave a team the chance to win without having to work for it. It was meant as a "prove it" step and it worked.

When the Hawks were the underdog in Chicago the media wasn't up in arms over the TD factor, nor when the Donks won their playoff game, but Pey-Pey loses with the adjusted and very fair OT rules and now it has to be news.

The coin flip gives the teams a 50/50 chance to get the ball, then the team has more than enough chance to hold with defense, even to a FG and they are crying about it when the Donks lose a game they should have lost. The Donks had a lot of things go their way just to be in the game at the end, including a garbage call on a recovered FUMBLE in Donk territory.

The media hates a winner when it isn't some sort of legacy team and they are showing their colors bad right now. The Donks had 13 chances to keep the Hawks out of the endzone and the Seahawks won those plays, period.