What happened to Wilson?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
keatonisballin":23k0zvif said:
I think it's obvious. Ciara gave up the goodies.
[youtube]YtC92pzp5vw[/youtube]
Yep! But to clarify, it's more about Russell giving it up than her.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Spread formation, improved blocking for the run, emphasis on releasing the ball faster, none of this is on tape with the Seahawks. Its a nee identity, the high red zone plays, WRs now running with confidence, cross cross, clearing the underneath, there is so much that you see in the offense that wasn't there. Earlier it was designed run, keep or boot leg
somebody must definitely have talked to the offensive unit, they installed the Oakland game plan against stealers and so on. The bye week made a lot of difference, I am sure they went to the drawing board and figured it out. We are now a scoring offense, rather than a game clock managing offense. I think teams will catch up to this but hopefully its after we win the Superbowl.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Russell did not suddenly learn how to play with rhythm and timing.

A passing offense that suits him, and does not magnify what will always be a suspect pass blocking group, is suddenly the offensive staple.

fan4life

Reaction score
Scottemojo":21otx4tz said:

A passing offense that suits him, and does not magnify what will always be a suspect pass blocking group, is suddenly the offensive staple.

I completely agree. Once it became clear that this year's offense wasn't running through Beast Mode, ie. that the primary production would have to come from RW deciding whether HE liked the pass option or felt a handoff would be better, things changed. Yes, Rawls has been terrific. But there's no doubt that Bevell changed his game plans to put RW, Baldwin & Co in the most favorable down-and-distance situations (like passing on 1st downs, screen passes for short gains, hot read slant routes, etc.) And it's paying off.

FWIW this is RW's fourth year in Bevell's version of the West Coast Offense. It is not unusual for even the best QBs to take that long to really master the complicated, nuanced system. I live in GB and remember the first year Rodgers took over. It took him a couple of years to reach his potential, even after backing up Favre for several years.

What we're seeing now in Seattle is a masterful QB who has finally been unleashed to handle the reins of an awesome offense. Like for Rodgers (and Favre, Hasselbeck, Young, Montana, etc. before him), it can truly be productive, and fun to watch, in the right hands.

Anthony!

Reaction score
justafan":7f9s2j5g said:
Anthony!":7f9s2j5g said:
Its been mostly the oline solidifying and then the play design and call. Also Wilson has been given more ability to audible and has not been being badgered about TOs. They have just been letting him play

A lot of assumptions.

not really assumptions when your head coach says he has more time now, when Warren moon mentions the audibling. As to the play design well that is evident and also has been brought up by Moon and HUard

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2qndi8c7 said:

This, this and this!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Anthony!":2dtli0c0 said:
justafan":2dtli0c0 said:
Anthony!":2dtli0c0 said:
Its been mostly the oline solidifying and then the play design and call. Also Wilson has been given more ability to audible and has not been being badgered about TOs. They have just been letting him play

A lot of assumptions.

not really assumptions when your head coach says he has more time now, when Warren moon mentions the audibling. As to the play design well that is evident and also has been brought up by Moon and HUard

I think this is a good example of how/why we should always put our sources in our initial posts. Saves confusion and skepticism in the future.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1c11flj8 said:

I get what you're saying about the play calling and getting the ball out quicker. That said, along with the acknowledgement you know X's and O's better than I do, isn't this group getting better? Would Russell have had the time or the confidence to make the deep throw to Doug in the 3rd quarter earlier in the year? Even yesterday he took a hit on that play. It just seems that along with better play calling RW is getting an extra second to get the ball out before pressure hits.

Maybe it's all three things, better line, better running game and better plays. Whatever it is I'm loving it!

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkGA":2yxym9kj said:
Anthony!":2yxym9kj said:
justafan":2yxym9kj said:
Anthony!":2yxym9kj said:

A lot of assumptions.

I think this is a good example of how/why we should always put our sources in our initial posts. Saves confusion and skepticism in the future.

Ahh the OP asked what we thought the reason was, I do not need a source and so far I am the only one you asked for a source form or made the assumptions comment about. Seems to me like you were off on this one.

Latest posts