What do the players think of the new Color Rush uniforms?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2bp3tjav said:
They look like 80's wrestler versions of football uniforms.

In other words

I love them and wish we would wear them every game, all the time.

This is the best argument I've seen for these uniforms.

sc85sis

Reaction score
austinslater25":onpisusc said:
I love the green tops. I think a different color pants would be better although I'm not sure what you would go with. I'm weird but I like them.
Yeah, I'm not fond of the all-green uni. The green jersey with the regular blue pants would be fine.

minormillikin

Reaction score
They look good as fan jerseys. I saw a few on fans in LA, and hanging on racks inside stores, and I might have to get one.

They probably won't look good on TV though. It's going to be like Boise State in blue, against the blue field. Eyeball abuse!

Polk738

Reaction score
you guys should watch the Madden game on youtube, it looks like a bunch of lemon and lime skittles dukin it out

morgulon1

Reaction score
After the Thursday night games can the teams wear the color rush pants with one of their other jerseys?

253hawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":1uu4wjvy said:
They look good as fan jerseys. I saw a few on fans in LA, and hanging on racks inside stores, and I might have to get one.

They probably won't look good on TV though. It's going to be like Boise State in blue, against the blue field. Eyeball abuse!

Or Eastern WA.

Roos4.jpg

lobohawk

Reaction score
I have less issue with the green, than I do with the lack of a trim color on the pants. Look like pajamas.

Osprey

Reaction score
253hawk":3g1la5mx said:
minormillikin":3g1la5mx said:

Or Eastern WA.

I'm not a big fan of the action green in general and prefer the classic uniforms ala Penn St, however, I think there's enough contrast between the field and uni color that it shouldn't be an issue.

Vast improvement over the previous attempt at neon green. Still waiting patiently for an alternative jersey based on a retro look.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
They look pretty good on those little guys modeling them. They're not going to be very flattering on the fatties in the trenches.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":19sj14bf said:
I have less issue with the green, than I do with the lack of a trim color on the pants. Look like pajamas.

What were you expecting? They have the same blue "stripe" that the white and grey pants have.

McGruff

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3p8s1jgr said:
They look pretty good on those little guys modeling them. They're not going to be very flattering on the fatties in the trenches.

Good thing our fatties arent very fat.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
McGruff":ihqhc65r said:
JSeahawks":ihqhc65r said:

Good thing our fatties arent very fat.

Ok then, the fatties in the stands.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I hated them at first, I think I'm still traumatized from the last time they attempted this.

But seeing them in that video, on Kam, Doug and Rawls.... they grew on me. I think they look pretty cool now.

I'm in.

Seafan

Reaction score
It really stands out in a crowd. I saw a guy wearing a Baldwin color rush on ESPN at the Husky game. Now my kids want them.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
So, it's pretty easy (and fun!) to bash teh Hawks' color rush unis. Lime green, action green, rave green -- it's tough to pull off.

But hasn't pretty much the whole color rush phenomenon been an exercise in ghastly and garish? I made a half-assed try at finding an image with all of them, but from what I could see, they fall into two categories: 1) A not-too-far out sort of intensified version of the regular colors, or 2) Horrifying.

It's silly and weird and naked marketing and yet another sign of our league's mega-bloat. But I don't really think the Seahawks' version is much worse than any of the others.