What Are Your Expectations For 2023?

What will you consider a success by your personal expectations in 2023?

• Super Bowl Champions or Bust baby!

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Win the NFC Championship

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Win a divisional playoff game

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • Win a wildcard playoff game

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Just make the playoffs

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The worst Seahawks follower I've ever seen speaks and surprises absolutely no one. Why are you still here again?

You wouldn't be happy unless somebody said 16-0 and Super Bowl win. Sorry my expectations of the team doesnt align with yours.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
You wouldn't be happy unless somebody said 16-0 and Super Bowl win. Sorry my expectations of the team doesnt align with yours.
Gotta love the good ol strawman. I never said nor argued for anything you just claimed. Still making things up as you wish, I see.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Gotta love the good ol strawman. I never said nor argued for anything you just claimed. Still making things up as you wish, I see.

No strawman. Just wondering why you’re so invested in my opinion.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
The only team I truly fear for the Seahawks to face in the NFC is the Eagles. Other than that, MAYBE the Lions. So with that being said, I voted NFC Championship.

I'm not too worried about the 49ers or Rams, honestly. Yeah, they have a good team but Shanahan will find some way to screw it up, and Rams aren't exactly a powerhouse team anymore.

Scout

Reaction score
I am not sure that the Eagles will be playing at a such high level like they were last year. The 49ers on the other hand year in and year out are a threat to reach the NFC title game so they are the measuring gauge for a lot of other NFC teams.

Mick063

Reaction score
I am not sure that the Eagles will be playing at a such high level like they were last year. The 49ers on the other hand year in and year out are a threat to reach the NFC title game so they are the measuring gauge for a lot of other NFC teams.
I think the Eagles roster is absolutely stacked. More so than the Forty Niners. It will be impossible for them to maintain the impending future salary structure but for right now, I believe that team is more "top to bottom" talented than every other team from both conferences. They really missed their opportunity last year, should have won the title, but I think it only inspired them even more. I think folks are going to be shocked at how good the Eagles are this year. I expect them to be dominant. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the last undefeated team this year (Meaning every other team suffers their first loss before the Eagles do).

Last edited:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think the Eagles roster is absolutely stacked. More so than the Forty Niners. It will be impossible for them to maintain the impending future salary structure but for right now, I believe that team is more "top to bottom" talented than every other team from both conferences. They really missed their opportunity last year, should have won the title, but I think it only inspired them even more. I think folks are going to be shocked at how good the Eagles are this year. I expect them to be dominant. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the last undefeated team this year (Meaning every other team suffers their first loss before the Eagles do).
My expectations are a WC victory and into the 2nd round at the bare minimum. Otherwise it will be a disappointing mediocre season. Much like what the Seattle Mariners are doing currently.

Both the Niners and Eagles have a daunting DL. I'm not sure who has the upper hand. The 49ers have Bosa but the Eagles have Fletcher Cox, Jordan Davis, and just drafted Jalen Carter. That is a very deep interior DL rotation. I'm not sold on Niners or Eagles secondary as a strength but their DL will help make their secondary seem better. The defensive strength is their front 7 for both teams.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Knock knock, Seahawks at the front door, and they ain't here sellin' cookies.

Last edited:

Fade

Reaction score
I don't get the hype, when you know the defense is going to drag down once again what should be a contending team.

Approaching year 8 of the rebuild on defense with more draft assets invested than any other team in football on that side of the ball, and I have zero confidence in Clint Hurtt and crew to be anything but terrible with all of that talent.

I expect the offense to be dominant (with far less draft investment mind you), and Pete to use his rope-a-dope tactics to finagle around the year in--year out handicap that is the defense.

9-11 wins in a weak NFC, early exit. Same story, different year. Same damage control and excuses,

I'm just going to enjoy watching the players, I've given up on them ever being actual contenders until Pete gets an actual DC, or he moves on so the next coach can hire an actual DC.

CactusJack

Reaction score
The Niners, Cowboys & Eagles are the class of the NFC.

This team's ceiling is likely the divisional round. Those three teams still have a huge advantage over us in the trenches. That ultimately will be our demise.

The defensive performance will have high's/low's. Struggle with consistency. As is the norm.

I see this as a 10 or 11 win team, that will likely finish 2nd in the division. Anything more than that should be celebrated.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
The Niners, Cowboys & Eagles are the class of the NFC.

This team's ceiling is likely the divisional round. Those three teams still have a huge advantage over us in the trenches. That ultimately will be our demise.

The defensive performance will have high's/low's. Struggle with consistency. As is the norm.

I see this as a 10 or 11 win team, that will likely finish 2nd in the division. Anything more than that should be celebrated.
That's basically the chalk from most of the prognosticators.

CactusJack

Reaction score
That's basically the chalk from most of the prognosticators.
Well, is it wrong? I'd say it's fairly spot on.

On paper, SF has a far more talented roster. I see Dallas as the team that can challenge both the Niners & Eagles this year. That roster doesn't really have a weakness.

This defense is still a work in progress & a huge question mark, as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to need to see results first on that side of the ball, before I get too overly ambitious.

NoGain

Reaction score
Well, is it wrong? I'd say it's fairly spot on.

On paper, SF has a far more talented roster. I see Dallas as the team that can challenge both the Niners & Eagles this year. That roster doesn't really have a weakness.

This defense is still a work in progress & a huge question mark, as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to need to see results first on that side of the ball, before I get too overly ambitious.
Didn't say it was wrong. But it is kind of the standard opinion.

chrispy

Reaction score
It's fair to rag on the D. There have been multiple underwhelming high draft picks, questionable coaching personnel, brutal season ending injuries and simple bad decisions...for several years.

Personally, I believe the production on Offense in 22 has allowed more flexibility on D... in the draft, in FA, in personnel contributing through multiple positions.... After JAdams went out last year, I believe the D plan reverted to just trying to field a team. I'm not making excuses. There should have been a better plan B. However, the flexibility in the DLine (quality FA additions) and backfield provides both huge opportunity in scheme as well as starter-level depth across most of the D. Add Bush and Wagner at LB and there is very good reason to expect a step change improvement at all 3 levels of the D.

It's obviously fair to have doubts. But... it's easier than it has been in a long time to see a really good D. I think it's also easy to project improvement on Offense too...added more than lost. Of course, the wheels could fall off. Oppositely, it could also be a Seahawk season to remember. To me, it seems more like the latter.

GemCity

Reaction score
11-6’ ish and a divisional win. We’re very close but, there a are a few positions where I think we need to get better.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I predict a 1-2 game improvement over last year, but they have the tools to surprise everyone. Going all the way wouldn't shock me either. This is a pivotal year for the team in general. We'll get to see if Geno is the long term answer or not, and if our D will actually improve with all the added talent. If not, then it will be a disappointment to say the least.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I have a hard time not seeing that question as two questions. My expectations are the same as every year, undefeated and Superbowl champions. My view of success is making playoffs (not wild card) and winning divisional round so that is how I voted.

That is why I never participate in the predict records threads. I always think we should and can win every game, though I do know we will probably won't. If we don't succeed it's our own damn vault.

hawks85

Reaction score
Expectations? 2nd round of the playoffs.
I'm gonna say this right now. Geno WILL bring this team to the promise land at some point.