What Are Your Expectations For 2023?

What will you consider a success by your personal expectations in 2023?

• Super Bowl Champions or Bust baby!

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Win the NFC Championship

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Win a divisional playoff game

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • Win a wildcard playoff game

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Just make the playoffs

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have very high hopes (deep in the playoffs), but expectations is something I'm going to put a pin in until we get through preseason. A few key injuries and we could be in big trouble. Also, I really need to see how this defense is going to play together as a unit on the field.

NoGain

Reaction score
Well we made the playoffs last year, and I think we're a better team this year. But I'm a little uncomfortable with the word "expectation" with this revamped roster. I'd say my hope is that we at least make the playoffs, win a playoff game, and I'm left with the feeling that there's even better days ahead.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I think Geno & the Seahawks Offense is geared for getting us the NFC Championship title, I just don't know if the Seahawks Defense is up to the task yet.
I do know that neither Geno nor any other Quarterback can carry both their O's & D's over the finish lines.

hoxrox

Reaction score
On paper everything is better on both sides.

The question is, can we compete with other top 6 teams in the NFC? Have we closed the talent gap with the 9ers? Not sure about this but it will be exciting to find out.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Superbowl or bust baby!

We've got a bit of a LB depth issue - but with just the raw talent added in the offseason - jesus I can't imagine that the sky's not the limit this year. I am absolutely NOT Zen about it. I wanna see the campaign I want to see us kick some ass.

And, by the way - NO Rodgers to go through. We're not gonna freeze our balls off in January in Green Bay to have snidley whiplash send us home frozen and crying. No Brady. No Munich. Cowboys are a concern - but shit. Back to back thursday games are our BIGGEST PROBLEM - pffffft.

Center of the year. Dre'mont Jones. JSN. Geno 2nd year. Generally improved O-line. Bobby Back and in the hunt. Charbonnet and K9 if healthy. And about 10 other pieces I haven't mentioned - Adams potential. Diggs. Just the entire defense should NOT suck.

50 cent bastardized quote: "If I can't do it, homie, it can't be done. Now I'ma let the champagne bottle pop I'ma take it to the top, for sure, I'ma make it hot, baby"

Superbowl or bust. Yea a bunch of stuff has to go right. But we're starting from a GOOD place!

Last edited:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
We have plenty of weapons on offense, loaded at WR and RB, solid TEs, and a QB that proved he can be consistently good and now has a full year of starts with this offense under his belt.

On defense, I'm just gonna say this: This will be something like year 7 of "rebuilding". That should plenty of time to build a good defense. So I expect them to be good. No excuses. If we don't have good enough players on defense, well then, why? Does Pete need another 7 years? **** that. I expect results NOW.

Special teams? We have a damn good punter. Should have some weapons in the return game, too. I'm sure the kicker will make most of his FGs, too.

So based on Fender's high-quality and well-thought out analysis, we should all expect this team to *at least* win the Super Bowl this year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I expect 10 or more wins and a first round playoff loss.

Weird, you're usually so optimistic.

I think this roster finally has enough depth to go further in the playoffs than the 1st round. But on July 31st it's impossible to predict, so much of the NFL is predicated on not just talent, but health and the luck of your schedule falling the right way playing injured teams at the right time, etc.

So as of now? All I can say is the talent and depth of this roster is much better than it was last year. What exactly that means come December and January? I have no idea.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
On paper everything is better on both sides.

The question is, can we compete with other top 6 teams in the NFC? Have we closed the talent gap with the 9ers? Not sure about this but it will be exciting to find out.
Bosa’s injury and more tape on Purdy will go a long way to that end. When Kaepernick burst out on the scene with a lot of early success, he seemed near unstoppable. Once teams, especially us, got more tape on him his it factor was reduced and he eventually wasn’t able to adapt long term elite qb skills. Bosa can wreak havoc on a game all by himself so even a diminished Bosa is good news to all NFCW teams.

Mick063

Reaction score
I don't expect anything. I am hopeful and optimistic. I love watching the team. Part of the story is watching young men overcome adversity. It is a much better, much more memorable story when they achieve the unexpected. Last season was my favorite season in many years for that very reason.

Nothing kills my personal fandom for any given team more than being in the presence of fan entitlement. I like to share the stories and the moments, but it is nearly impossible to enjoy the journey with folks that are incessantly bitter because of their "expectations". It demonstrates that they are not enjoying the journey because they can only enjoy the end result. It is not a healthy life philosophy.

Last edited:

pmedic920

Reaction score
I said just the playoffs.

Here’s my *

* Better than last year, and solidify ourselves in the “contender” conversation (not just here but in the football world.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Weird, you're usually so optimistic.

I think this roster finally has enough depth to go further in the playoffs than the 1st round. But on July 31st it's impossible to predict, so much of the NFL is predicated on not just talent, but health and the luck of your schedule falling the right way playing injured teams at the right time, etc.

So as of now? All I can say is the talent and depth of this roster is much better than it was last year. What exactly that means come December and January? I have no idea.
Well, even if they DO win in the 1st round, he'll downplay it and tell us all that we are stupid for enjoying a win. So there is that.........

Hawkmode

Reaction score
This feels like a story with "feel good" writing throughout...it's been a long time since I've looked forward to watching pre-season. I'm hoping none of the players I've taken a keen interest in are part of any painful cuts to get to 53.

A strong start is needed since our schedule is skewed toward difficulty as the holidays approach. My real anxiety will show up Nov 19th playing the Rams away before kicking off a gauntlet of SB potential teams with back to back thur games 49ers (H) and Dallas (A) then 49ers again (A) and Eagles (H)...that's a big wall standing between us and any playoff hopes let alone a "knock" on the NFC Championship door.

We have many talented pieces going forward with a mix of stars and very talented youth all giving us a look toward the Superbowl...Why not us?

Jac

Reaction score
From a roster lifecycle POV, this feels like the team that lost in the 2012 playoffs to the Falcons (and who obviously built upon that in a big way in 2013).

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as many, they'll get past the first round. Still some building to do, but should be better than last year.
Pretty much this.

The win/loss record might be a game or two better but more importantly the team will be better. They'll win an important playoff game , positioning themselves for a deep run the next season. Like someone said above , it'll come down to injuries.