What are the chances of 3 NFC West teams making the playoffs

RamzFanz

Reaction score
pmedic920":1c1gdv51 said:
3 NFCW teams in playoffs? Nope. But I still think something freaky will happen and Rams finish ahead of 9ers. Not because the Rams are better than SanFran but because the the 9ers will have some unforeseen problems.

The question isn't if the Rams can finish ahead of the Niners, they can. The Niners have regressed while the Rams have made a huge leap on O.

The question is if they can sweep the division and beat the Hawks with the tiebreaker for the NFCW division title.

pmedic920

Reaction score
RamzFanz":2es5na3a said:
pmedic920":2es5na3a said:
3 NFCW teams in playoffs? Nope. But I still think something freaky will happen and Rams finish ahead of 9ers. Not because the Rams are better than SanFran but because the the 9ers will have some unforeseen problems.

The question isn't if the Rams can finish ahead of the Niners, they can. The Niners have regressed while the Rams have made a huge leap on O.

The question is if they can sweep the division and beat the Hawks with the tiebreaker for the NFCW division title.
THE QUESTION WAS. What are the chances 3 NFCW teams make the play offs. But ok if you want to change the question to, can the Rams sweep the division? My answer is HELL NO, and I think you would be hard pressed to find many Rams fans that think they can. Let alone the SEAHAWK fans you are talking to when you post here. By the way I've given the Rams a better chance than 99% of the .Net gang.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
I'm curious as to why, when they almost swept the NFCW last season, and they now have a power O to go with their power D, anyone would think they COULDN'T sweep the NFCW?

It makes no sense. Their first loss in the NFCW last season came with 1:48 left in the SEASON. Their first team beat Denver's first team 20 to 10. Where do you think I'm wrong?!?

drdiags

Reaction score
RamzFanz":1i0qdah7 said:
I'm curious as to why, when they almost swept the NFCW last season, and they now have a power O to go with their power D, anyone would think they COULDN'T sweep the NFCW?

It makes no sense. Their first loss in the NFCW last season came with 1:48 left in the SEASON. Their first team beat Denver's first team 20 to 10. Where do you think I'm wrong?!?

You know how this all works. Just look at this as denial. There just are very few times you are going to get glowing opinions from a division rival, on that rival fan's forum. Things are pointing up for the Rams. You will get your chance to crow in time, if that is what you are looking for. Right now, 9ers and Seahawks fans think they are the cat's meow.

I remember when it was the Rams and Seahawks that battled for the division. Things go in cycles.

pmedic920

Reaction score
RamzFanz":1jvzucff said:

I'm guessing you think the Rams are the only team that improved over the off season.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
pmedic920":2vilh7ds said:
I'm guessing you think the Rams are the only team that improved over the off season.

I don't think the Niners improved and I don't think the Cards improved enough.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
RamzFanz":9a1lyug6 said:

You were also a couple of missed David Akers field goals away from going 3-3 in the NFC West last year, if I recall correctly. You won your games and more power to you, but don't act as if you dominated the division. Frankly I doubt anybody can sweep the NFC West this year; the division is just too good. And, once again, you haven't done anything this year until you start proving it in games that count.

Getting back to the original question in this thread, I don't think it will happen. The NFC East is weak but when you look at the Bears, the Saints and maybe even the Panthers it seems likely that we'll have one Wild Card team out of either the North or the South. I see the Rams being on the outside looking in come playoff time.

candyman4881

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":3tv3292o said:
RamzFanz":3tv3292o said:

You were also a couple of missed David Akers field goals away from going 3-3 in the NFC West last year, if I recall correctly. You won your games and more power to you, but don't act as if you dominated the division. Frankly I doubt anybody can sweep the NFC West this year; the division is just too good. And, once again, you haven't done anything this year until you start proving it in games that count.

Getting back to the original question in this thread, I don't think it will happen. The NFC East is weak but when you look at the Bears, the Saints and maybe even the Panthers it seems likely that we'll have one Wild Card team out of either the North or the South. I see the Rams being on the outside looking in come playoff time.

I hate hypothetical posts like these - the Rams were also a missed Zuerlein FG (or a delay of game penalty) and a defensive stop away from being 6-0 as well.

That being said, I think any team will be lucky to have only one loss in the division this year, I could realistically see:
Seattle 4-2
49ers 3-3
Rams 3-3
Cardinals 2-4