What 5 Things Are You Most Excited About...

nwgamer

Reaction score
1) Seeing Harvin play a few games consecutively. Would blow my mind if he stays healthy for 16. I am curious as to what the FO might do if Harvin cannot keep himself on the field this year.

2) Michael receiving more carries. Even the FO has said they are excited to get this guy in the field and making plays this year. He is potentially a wild card for our offense. He has the speed to get to the outside like Harvin (not so much Lynch and Turbin).

3) I am interested in seeing what changes Bevell is going to be implementing. With all the new and healthy toys available we should see some progress here. Our offense just isn't where we want it to be. Red zone issues need resolved. One less FG/game replaced with a TD will make an immense difference in the season. So many one score games that could have easily been losses doesn't leave me with a ton of confidence unless we up our O game.

4) I am excited to see if we can manage some protection for Wilson. If the O-Line doesn't improve significantly, we could be in for a long season. Tons of bodies have been brought in to compete so let us see if any of these guys can make a difference. Starting a rookie or inexperienced T is always a bit nerve racking for any team but we play in the NFCW and there will be absolutely no mercy shown. Our new O-line starters will be tested often and early.

5) Our pass rush. I am curious if our puss rush can maintain the pressure they were putting out last year. Avril is in a contract year and Irvin is in limbo. If Cassius kicks @ss and picks up the pressure McDonald absence creates, we could be sitting pretty here. Have to remember, the rush creates opportunities for the DB's and vice versa. If either one lacks, both will feel it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm also interested to see if Pete gives the other RB's more of the load in 2014, especially Michael.

Could Lynch carry 90% of the load for another year? Probably. But if Pete wants to begin the transition at RB, he'd be smart to give Michael carries. If not, then he's taking a HUGE gamble going into 2015 not knowing if Michael is the RB of the future.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm just excited to see if we can go 2 for 2 in seasons winning superbowls while i'm a season ticket holder.

So far we've won 100% of superbowls while I've had seats.

Yes I'm gloating.

:thirishdrinkers:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":17zcrrzd said:
I'm also interested to see if Pete gives the other RB's more of the load in 2014, especially Michael.

Could Lynch carry 90% of the load for another year? Probably. But if Pete wants to begin the transition at RB, he'd be smart to give Michael carries. If not, then he's taking a HUGE gamble going into 2015 not knowing if Michael is the RB of the future.

In just over two months, Pre-season begins and we should get our answer rather quickly. In fact, we might see Lynch only a few times during those four games.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3tnglc83 said:
Sgt. Largent":3tnglc83 said:

In just over two months, Pre-season begins and we should get our answer rather quickly. In fact, we might see Lynch only a few times during those four games.

This is sarcasm right?

Skansi82

Reaction score
First and foremost, I'm looking forward to seeing the Niner fans meekly shuffle into the Clink, a result of their greatly diminished ability to play their lame Superbowl card.

I'm looking forward to starting the season with a healthy Percy.

Looking forward to seeing the development of some of the young guys (HumbleThug, Jeffcoat, C-Mike, Marsh, and Scruggs intrigue me the most)

Looking forward to a more high powered offense. Would love to see them use Luke Willson in more traditional TE sets(if he learns to block). It seems like they split him out a lot last year, which is great for a size mismatch but negates the speed advantage he would have on a linebacker. Bring back the seam route this year!!!!

I'm looking forward to being wired and unable to sleep the night before a game, the good food/Fireball/nervous energy at our tailgate, and seeing the Hawk lead the team out for the first time.

Go Hawks!!!!

Mindsink

Reaction score
1. Watching Harvin and/or Richardson go deep on every play.

2. Seeing how Earl and Sherm perform now that they've both received their payday. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

3. Seeing how much better Russell Wilson will be now in his 3rd season.

4. Beating the 49ers in their shiny new stadium.

5. Statement games -- vs GB (We can stomp you w/out a controversial hail mary) and vs DEN (SB48 was no fluke, and you will get hammered...again).

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
In no particular order, looking forward to...

1. The return of a (hopefully) healthy Max Unger in both the run game and in pass pro. We need Max to stay healthy and return to his 2012 self.

2. Percy Harvin running like a cheetah with its tail on fire on those fly sweeps like in the SB... and the options that Bevell and Pete will have for Russell off of the same pre-snap motion. Pete said immediately after trading for Percy that he would allow the Hawks to open up the field horizontally... meaning, sideline to sideline... and now we know what he had in mind. Add in Paul Richardson stretching the defense vertically and the whole field opens up for our offense to attack. I expect Seattle's offense to step up from #8 in scoring to the top 3. It won't take much... and, yes, I appreciate the fact that we face a tougher schedule this year but we need to score more points on the road against our division rivals and against KC, Carolina and Philadelphia.

3. The emergence of Clem's, Red's and McDonald's replacements on the D-line. IIRC, that's roughly 1000 snaps that need to be picked up by our red-shirted 2013 draft class and 2014 rookie DEs and DTs.

4. What Sidney Rice, Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood bring to the passing game. Throw in Chris Matthews as well, I have high hopes for Richardson and Norwood... and fingers crossed for either Rice or Matthews to make the team and contribute accordingly.

5. Lastly, just watching our defense reek havoc on every team that we play.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Injuries would be my number one thing, but it is really not something you can control so I will leave it off my personal list. IT has been talked about enough.
1. Discipline- Last season we were one of the most penalized teams. That we emerged with such a good record despite coughing up ~ 100 yards a game to penalties was testament to the quality of the team overall. I would be ecstatic with a 10% improvement in this area!
2. Production from last years draft class- As has been mentioned I really want to see guys like Mayowa, and Michael in particular emerge.
3. Improvement in Offensive Line play- Enough has been said about this already.
4. The Defensive line not missing a beat- With the departure of Clemons and Bryant we really need this group to form a cohesive unit once again with new bodies at those two spots in particular. The D-line was huge last year and I think also plays a huge part in what makes the LOB able to do what they do. I have my eye on Houston this year to see just how that front 7 including Clowney, Watt, Cushing and Mercilus gel. I think others will be doing the same with us.
5. The running game- With Michael Robinson absent once more you have to wonder how Marshawn will respond this year. The running game was truly not crisp until MRob's return last year. This may be the opportunity for guys Like Michael and Percy to expand our running game. I cant wait to see that happen.

Wow is that 5 already?