What 5 Things Are You Most Excited About...

12thManNorth

Reaction score
I actually like as just as much (or better) on paper than I did last year. I think our team remains absolutely LOADED and can easily survive an injury to anybody except RW, Sherm, Kam, or ET long-term. Even then we're still a solid team, but 10-6 and you could miss the playoffs, just like last year with AZ. Things I'm most excited about :

1. Percy Harvin - said it before the NO playoff game and even the SB, I found myself nearly as excited to see Percy Harvin play as I was for the actual game itself. 2 kickoff returns, one for 58 yrds, another for a TD. An absolute wild card more than anybody in football on offence. I'm not even asking for a full season of health, just 10 games + playoffs and I'd be ecstatic

2. Paul Richardson - particulalry if Percy stays healthy, my god our offence can be so much more explosive than last year, in a year where we were still top 5 in explosive plays. P-Rich also provides great insurance for Percy if he goes down

3. Our kick return game - P-Rich on Punts, Percy on Kickoffs, ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? The only (though large) drawback is leaving both open to increased chance of injury, but you play to win the game(s) and deal with injuries if they happen

4. Our Defence - for at least 3 years now our D has been more exciting to watch than our offence. If that changes this year, then we're in for an incredible treat, because there's no reason to believe our D won't be #1 in the NFL yet again in PPG allowed and Turnovers forced

5. Emergence of a young player : Several candidates to step up into major roles this yr, Norwood, Christine Michael, Scruggs, Justin Britt, Jesse Williams, Tharold Simon, etc, so many guys that have a chance for a huge breakout season

mjwhitay

Reaction score
1. Percy
2. P-Rich
3. Christine Michael
4. Russell Wilson
5. Doug Baldwin

On the field. At the same time. Percy in motion with some read option. Good luck NFL defenses.

Captain

Reaction score
Preseason games!

They are on a 9 game winning streak in the preseason. Will they extend it?

Can they go undefeated for the 3rd straight year?

Pretty much all I'm worried about!

warden

Reaction score
Five things that I am most excited about

Hmm

Kicking the Broncos ass

Kicking the Packers ass

Kicking Dallas's ass

Kicking the Cardinals ass

Kicking the 49ers ass

billio155

Reaction score
1. See Wilson take more chances and trust his receivers more.
2. See the O-line step up and match the quality of play as our other units.
3. See a red zone threat emerge.
4. See who will emerge as the D-line leader with the absence Red and Clem
5. See us take the next step as a team and beat down every team we play.

halfrack

Reaction score
1. Improved O line. (Which leads to).

2. An even more accurate and confident Wilson. (Which leads to).

3. A very dangerous combination of Harvin and Peterson. (Which leads to).

4. More opportunities for Lynch and the run game. (Which leads to).

5. 2nd Super Bowl championship in as many years.

chris98251

Reaction score
I only have one thing

How we respond to being the best and the carry over, I love the fact were already being targetted for not being a team that can hold up doing what we did last year again, that everyone else has got better and we have lost to much.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kenwillisssh":3ty8vnt7 said:
1} Irvin {I would love to see become the player we thought he was}, 2} Percy {can he play a full year} 3} someone to step up and return punts {ala GT} 4} Wilson further maturates as the leader of the team. 5} UDFA cant wait to see what the Pete/ John combo does. 2 cents. Oh ya 6} Rice...lol

What is exciting about this up and coming year is the "What if's"....

What if Sydney Rice can play 12 games....
What if Percy Harvin can play 12 games...
What if our OL can stay healthy enough to play 12 games together.....
What if Chris Michael can find a spot each Sunday for 25% of the snaps...
What if the OL can give Russell Wilson .5 second more passing time....

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not necessarily in any order of priority, but here's my Top 5:

1. Being referred to as the "World Champion Seattle Seahawks"

2. Going to my first home game, probably vs. Denver.

3. Going to at least one road game, Phoenix, and perhaps a 2nd, San Diego.

4. The Thursday night game vs. the Packers. If I can't go in person, I might have to organize a party for that one.

5. The playoffs. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch as even winning our own division is going to be a monumental task requiring some degree of luck, but I love playoff time and having a horse to root for.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
1. Watching those banners go up in the opener
2. Winning the whole damn thing again
3. Watching Krapsondick choke, yet again in the playoffs
4. Hopefully a road game (would be my 12th) at San Diego this season
5. Winning the whole damn thing again :)

kenwillisssh

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1wjytym5 said:
kenwillisssh":1wjytym5 said:
1} Irvin {I would love to see become the player we thought he was}, 2} Percy {can he play a full year} 3} someone to step up and return punts {ala GT} 4} Wilson further maturates as the leader of the team. 5} UDFA cant wait to see what the Pete/ John combo does. 2 cents. Oh ya 6} Rice...lol

What is exciting about this up and coming year is the "What if's"....

What if Sydney Rice can play 12 games....
What if Percy Harvin can play 12 games...
What if our OL can stay healthy enough to play 12 games together.....
What if Chris Michael can find a spot each Sunday for 25% of the snaps...
What if the OL can give Russell Wilson .5 second more passing time....

That's what I'm talking about. we could be even better this year than last, i hope it all comes together. ;)

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
5. The emergence of the 2013 draft class. Looking forward to seeing what guys like Michael, Hill, Williams, and Simon can do.

4. A full year's production out of Percy Harvin.

3. Russell Wilson taking another step forward and silencing the critics yet again.

2. The potential for an implosion in Santa Clara and the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth in the Webzone that would follow.

1. Back to back Lombardis. While watching NFLN's America's Game marathon I couldn't help but notice some definite similarities between the 2013 Hawks and the 1992 Cowboys, and I think we have as good a shot as anyone of winning it all again this year.

chevelle03

Reaction score
I'm excited about seeing the rookies play. Last year we pretty much new there would be very little contribution from the rookie class, but this year could be very different.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
1. Combination of Percy and backpack P Rich, teams are not going to be able to load the box and play man to man on the outside...

2. Christine Michael - I was hoping he would get more carries last year and not just in garbage time, this is another home run threat for the Hawks.

3. Who is going to the next man up on defense? Tharold Simon, Deshawn, Pinkins? Hoping there is further talent to add to the legion of boom

4. The banner being put up and opening game night vs Packers

5. Simple .... REPEAT and commentators finally acknowleding how great this team, no correction, organization is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
1. A healthy Harvin
2. A healthy Harvin
3. A healthy Harvin
4. A healthy Harvin
5. A healthy Harvin

Tokadub

Reaction score
1) What's going to happen with our receiving group? We have done surprisingly well to theoretically replace Tate in the draft. I was expecting and kinda hoping to focus more on the offensive line but hopefully we are OK there...

I have a great feeling about Norwood, he just seems like the perfect guy to get consistent production with Wilson, I sense something special about him. Paul Richardson of course has insane potential with his speed and route running. If Harvin stays healthy I can see some crazy potential with various mixes of our guys. Still wish we had Tate because having him + Harvin + Richardson on the field all at once would be downright nuts to defend.

I'm curious if Sydney Rice has fully healed, if so he can still be productive and clutch like he was in 2012 (Rice is only 27). Chris Matthews intrigues me with his height and he seems to have a great ability of getting the correct body position on defenders (although CFL defenders) so he can get easy catches and he's a big target.

It will be really interesting to see the total targets and reception totals + yards at the end of this season. Right now I don't really know what will happen but honestly I think our current group has so much potential that even a guy like Kearse might have trouble to get playing time over Richardson, Norwood, and Rice. Baldwin is really the only guy I feel confident to be a consistent and reliable reciever throughout the season (still worried Harvin could be hurt), and I honestly have higher hopes for Norwood than Richardson for some reason (maybe a bit paranoid Richardson will get injured since he's pretty small).

I think our offense has the opportunity to take a major step forward this season, if guys are healthy and our offensive line can just be a bit more effective with pass protection I think it'd be wise to throw the ball a bit more, that would also allow Lynch to play fewer snaps extending his career and letting Christine Michael take over for Turbin.

2) Seeing Christine Michael get a legit opportunity for playing time. I don't want to hear any more excuses about his blocking or whatever. Although I like Turbin and he's a solid backup he just doesn't have big play potential like Christine Michael who in my opinion is far more explosive with crazy acceleration than Lynch or Turbin.

I would like to see Christine Michael and Marshawn Lynch split their reps about 50/50, especially in games where we are comfortably leading. I think we should really try to help Lynch extend his career, he already sits out of many practices.

When Lynch is fresh and rested I think he's much more effective than when he's kinda tired or even possibly battling minor injuries.

It just kinda felt like last season we never gave Christine Michael a chance. I'm not sure if I buy the story about his blocking problems, if he's as good as he looks in his highlights he should be on the field period. I think it's more of a problem with his attitude and maybe some loyalty/respect for Turbin who likely has a much better mindset and personality which our coaches value (and find Christine to be lacking).

3) Prove all the doubters wrong AGAIN!

Vegas has our over-under win total at 11?!

If I went to Vegas I would be very tempted to throw down all my expendable money. 11 games really? Wilson did that as a rookie haha...

Last year we got 13 and that was WITHOUT Harvin and WITHOUT like half our offensive line. I just don't see that much of a drop off in our team, if our offensive line improves and is consistently decent throughout the season I think 13 wins would be easy. My "official" prediction which is my first impression when viewing our schedule is 14-2 with losses to Carolina and San Fransisco on the road.

I just don't think the rest of the NFL and particularly the NFC West has made enough progress to knock us down to only 11 wins. I would be SHOCKED if we don't get at least 12. I think the 49ers are going to start declining this year, which will leave all 3 other NFC West teams in a brutal dog fight, trading wins with each other back and forth while the Seahawks are just on another level easily winning the division.

I think Seahawks will be 5-1 in NFC West, I'm thinking all the other teams might end up around 3-3 give or take a game.

So I'm just excited to see all the dumb predictions from the "experts" when they pick against us on a regular basis etc.

4) Will Wilson have by far his best season and possibly win league MVP? If our offensive line improves I think this is a realistic possibility. I think we should throw it a bit more than the last 2 seasons to lighten the load on Lynch and ease Christine Michael into our system. If that's the case Wilson could have an absolutely monster year and finally shut up all the doubters/haters.

I'd love to see us unleash Wilson a bit more and let him have a bit more fun out there with our passing game.

5) Can we get back to the Superbowl?

I hope so because that means we destroyed the 49ers again :)

Kaiser

Reaction score
New Offensive Line
New Offensive weapons
THE SAME SECONDARY!!
theyve done it all now, so i'm excited to see what this team does with that experience
the playoffs...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":18gcndt6 said:
1. A healthy Harvin
2. A healthy Harvin
3. A healthy Harvin
4. A healthy Harvin
5. A healthy Harvin
Beat me to it Sarge.

I'm also very interested to see Wilson's development considering year 3 is generally the season that QBs make their last jump to full realization of how their career will play out. I think we're going to see an amazing 10+ year stretch from this kid and this will be the first year of that run IMO,.

Latest posts