We're sorry, Tical. You were right, please forgive us, Tical

keasley45

Reaction score
And honestly, this year of all years, I've actually had many moments when I thought we needed to make a change at HC. But honestly, the obvious ineffectiveness of the offense without Pete 'meddling' is beginning to make me realize that he's a pretty gifted football mind.

He's schemed a way to take a hobbled defense with little pass rush fly around and play so well in short field situations that they are impossibly top 5 in scoring defense. That is remarkable coaching.

And what I'm maybe seeing now in full appreciation is how absurdly well he put together a strategy and cast of characters ( when we had the money) to leverage all the best of what our qb can do while masking his shortcomings to not only make that qb successful, but become the 2nd most winning franchise in the league over his tenure.

Some compare him to Marty Schottenheimer in that he was incredibly successful but struggled to get over the hump. I think they are similar in their form of leadership, prioritize the growth and relationships of human beings over football. I think Pete could have laid open the truth about Russ a long time ago but is always a build up rather than tear down guy.

Hopefully now, at this juncture, he can take a harder road and hold everyone's performance to account equally.

massari

Reaction score
Tical21":30qua73f said:
The floor is yours...
Good lord, it's been explained to you multiple times on this forum why this is not 100% on Wilson. You just don't see it.

QB Chris Simms on Seahawks offense after Rams game:

[youtube]7Y8p7t1rcIU[/youtube]

Stats
Fhjgfjghjfgjhfgjh

A rational person will see that Wilson needs to work on flaws like every other QB, and his is to stop overlooking the open man in the middle in favor of a long bomb, and look to get rid of the ball a fraction faster, while also seeing that the OL, run game and PC aren't helping. Suggesting this is 100% on Wilson like some have been droning on for is irrational.

Without the finger injury causing the accuracy issues, the Hawks win last Tuesday, and many of the previous games as well.

John63

Reaction score
massari":1qqjs2x4 said:
Tical21":1qqjs2x4 said:
The floor is yours...
Good lord, it's been explained to you multiple times on this forum why this is not 100% on Wilson. You just don't see it.

Stats
Fhjgfjghjfgjhfgjh

A rational person will see that Wilson needs to work on flaws like every other QB, and his is to stop overlooking the open man in the middle in favor of a long bomb, and look to get rid of the ball a fraction faster, while also seeing that the OL, run game and PC aren't helping. Suggesting this is 100% on Wilson like some have been droning on for is irrational.

Without the finger injury causing the accuracy issues, the Hawks win last Tuesday, and many of the previous games as well.

what the FACTS show he is good against 2 high but that cant be true Tical and his clan says so. INteresting this is the 6th video of "experts" saying the same thing his finger is still not 100%. Huard said that too and he was at the game.

Nice job finding the stats on 2 high but it will not change the Qhawks stance, Facts and stats only;y matter when it helps them when it does not then they don't count.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1546939/huard-seahawks-russ-just-is-not-russ/

"You know, Russ just is not Russ,” said Huard during his daily segment on 710 ESPN Seattle’s Mike Salk Show. “Watching him in person, seeing it that up close, that finger – he will never say it, Pete won’t say it… they won’t use it as an excuse – but the finger is just limiting (Wilson’s passing), especially his deep balls. And last night it was on full display.”

keasley45

Reaction score
massari":2zgkiv5y said:
Tical21":2zgkiv5y said:
The floor is yours...

Stats
Fhjgfjghjfgjhfgjh

So you quote stats that were bolstered by the fact that in 2020, Pete put the Kakash on the 2 high futility in the second half of the season and went 'boring ' , but more efficient, and effective.

And you ignore the fact that the vast majority of the teams we faced when Russ was 'cooking', were cellar dweller defenses ( and before you ask me to prove that claim, look up my posts, I've already quoted stats that showed we feasted on teams that were ranked in the 20s on defense. The exception being the Pat's which finished strong but started the season poorly.

The Texans tried as well and failed because they suck. But according to your 'proof', that game was just more evidence that Russ IS actually good at 2 high...

Always cherry picking stats, ignoring context, and never posing an actual hypothesis as to what other mysterious condition is stopping Russel from beating 2 high or any evidence to support it.

John63

Reaction score
John63":1pydhjtr said:
massari":1pydhjtr said:
Tical21":1pydhjtr said:
The floor is yours...

Stats
Fhjgfjghjfgjhfgjh

what the FACTS show he is good against 2 high but that cant be true Tical and his clan says so. INteresting this is the 6th video of "experts" saying the same thing his finger is still not 100%. Huard said that too and he was at the game.

Nice job finding the stats on 2 high but it will not change the Qhawks stance, Facts and stats only;y matter when it helps them when it does not then they don't count.

"You know, Russ just is not Russ,” said Huard during his daily segment on 710 ESPN Seattle’s Mike Salk Show. “Watching him in person, seeing it that up close, that finger – he will never say it, Pete won’t say it… they won’t use it as an excuse – but the finger is just limiting (Wilson’s passing), especially his deep balls. And last night it was on full display.”

This^^

nwHawk

Reaction score
No that is funny. I can't say I've ever seen someone respond by quoting their own post as if it's the shinnizle.

John63

Reaction score
John63":2gy9a5mv said:
massari":2gy9a5mv said:
Tical21":2gy9a5mv said:
The floor is yours...

Stats
Fhjgfjghjfgjhfgjh

This^^

keasley45

Reaction score
The weather today in the Emerald City will be clear skies, with Temps approaching 98 degrees, but it will feel more like...72.

toffee

Reaction score
John63":295njn6m said:
massari":295njn6m said:
Tical21":295njn6m said:
The floor is yours...

Stats
Fhjgfjghjfgjhfgjh

Very good news indeed, so it's the finger after all. We can still expect 3-4 first round picks this off season. Praise the Lord for the finger.

keasley45

Reaction score
toffee":2t4ya13p said:
John63":2t4ya13p said:
massari":2t4ya13p said:
Tical21":2t4ya13p said:
The floor is yours...

Stats
Fhjgfjghjfgjhfgjh

Very good news indeed, so it's the finger after all. We can still expect 3-4 first round picks this off season. Praise the Lord for the finger.

This^^

John63

Reaction score
John63":p4gl5vsx said:
John63":p4gl5vsx said:
massari":p4gl5vsx said:
Tical21":p4gl5vsx said:
The floor is yours...

Stats
Fhjgfjghjfgjhfgjh

This^^

still This^^^

toffee

Reaction score
nwHawk":g1h0sxew said:
No that is funny. I can't say I've ever seen someone respond by quoting their own post as if it's the shinnizle.

Unless one happened to be the incomparable J63.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
keasley45":2zkgk145 said:
TwistedHusky":2zkgk145 said:
Not sure I agree until I see Wilson in another system.

What I do know is that Wilson DID all these things earlier in his career. He is not incapable.

But his great strength is throwing on the run accurately.

That we choose not leverage it is on us.

That said, I've basically been predicting this slow-motion car crash since the SB loss.

What is the point of being right?

Wilson did just fine for years, that wasn't the problem.

Even though he is having issues this year, that is not an indictment of his ability or acumen given his track record of success.

Wilson never did the things he's still not capable of now. It's just that before, it seemed like Pete was just playing Peteball - ugly offense that Russ woukd save at the end by not executing the play and running around long enough for players to be open. The only other thing Bevel could do within the play scheme to get things out of Russ's hands was Lynch. Or a bubble screen.

Cmon folks, if he's only but this good now, wouldn't it stand to reason that he's still better now than he was in year 2? Show me one qb that got worse at reading defenses over his career than better. That argument is entirely illogical. What you always hear is that QBs who play beyond their physical attributes dwindling usually succeed because the game slows down for them, they've seen every defense a million times and can compensate for lower velocity or mobility by making the read faster. Russ, finger or not, STILL can't beat cover 2. That's a pretty simple defense and as we've seen, we call plays that beat it almost every down.

The denial is on par with the OJ trial back in the day.

And you don't need to see russ on another team. All you have to do is look at the tape. Changing the uniforms isn't going to change his play. This isn't physics 3 and calculus 5 level stuff. It's basic multiplication tables.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=E6BUU_FZAPE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq1NR9-zFig

Just pretend he's wearing black and gold or whatever color you want...

The plays work. The qb doesn't.

The 35 minutes of proof above are all before his bent finger. And frankly it doesn't matter if schotty called those plays, russ did, or Pete meddled. They all worked and russ missed them then just like he does every game.

Wow Kurt has nailed it and I think it all comes back to Pete how does Austin Davis help Russ read Defenses hell if he could do that he'd still be playing in the NFL. I always said Russ needs help in reading Defenses, Until these videos I didn't realize how in depth it could be he seriously needs some help.

Pete hires mediocre coaches why doesn't he hire the best coaches in the league?. I still think the offense looks the same for years now the screens seem to always be problematic but now I see russ seems to have made up his mine pre snap on who he's throwing the ball to he doesn't read the D at all.

John63

Reaction score
Interesting how there is video, experts etc saying the exact opposite of each other and people pick and choose what they want to believe. For every video making it looks like he can't read defenses there is video showing g he can. Then of course there is common sense he could not have lasted 10 years with the kind of winning percentage and stats and not be able to read defenses. Does he get fooled sometimes yes, just like all QBs, Brady, ridgers mahomes.

But I am of the mind people have made up their mind what they want to believe and nothing will change their mind. So I wish them all a blissful life.

toffee

Reaction score
Every QB in NFL read defense, these men played years of QB before they reach NFL, to say anyone of them couldn't read defense is ridiculous. That said, how much one digest and leverage what he saw in seconds before snap, and in those two three seconds post snap, varies. We really are talking about 15 - 20 seconds in all to gather information, one may have 2 seconds or so to formulate a plan to leverage those information.

I am of the opinion that our Russ read defense well in those pre-snap seconds, he often made adjustments based on what he saw. He, however, needs more time to process post snap, he simply ain't wired to go in 2 seconds or so. Our Russ is a 4 to 5 seconds kinda guy, he used to buy more time by running around some. Once he has time, he is unlimited.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":blzj6aoj said:
Interesting how there is video, experts etc saying the exact opposite of each other and people pick and choose what they want to believe. For every video making it looks like he can't read defenses there is video showing g he can. Then of course there is common sense he could not have lasted 10 years with the kind of winning percentage and stats and not be able to read defenses. Does he get fooled sometimes yes, just like all QBs, Brady, ridgers mahomes.

But I am of the mind people have made up their mind what they want to believe and nothing will change their mind. So I wish them all a blissful life.
I love that John is now at "well actually it's impossible to know if a QB is truly good or bad." We're entering a very post-modern era of talent evaluation.

Latest posts