We're guaranteed a win....

13thMan

Reaction score
The notion that Cam is the better QB I think is a stretch at best... Carolina has the better D, sure, but really you're splitting hairs. The real factor in this game is Niners superior receivers vs. Carolina's inferior secondary.

It will definitely come down to Carolina's ability to apply pressure... if they can, I expect a pretty close, low scoring game... If they can't, the Niners probably win going away. Either way, it will be an entertaining game, I'm sure.

Also, I don't buy the 10AM Pacific start given the Niners record in those games... probably a moot point.

In the other NFC game, I full expect our team to make Brees uncomfortable and really control the clock on offense. (Oops, wrong thread!)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkboi":2qphbyoq said:
Hoge picked the Saints, and he's a total joke... GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:
OK, Hoge also picked the Cardinals to win in our house.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":x08z3m7c said:
UUHHHHH...Pretty sure Hodge was the only ESPN picker that picked the Cards to beat us at home right? Gonna have to hand it to him on that one.
Even a squirrel finds his nuts every once in a while...or something like that.

OP
OP
Hawkboi

Hawkboi

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":nhfjdfm8 said:
Hawkboi":nhfjdfm8 said:

We blew that one and learned we have to bring the A game at all times... He's the only one picking the Saints... Like I've said, I'm really embarrased he's from Idaho... His brain is a mashed potato... :roll:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The biggest difference I see between Carolina and the Whiners is Carolina, with Smith less than 100%, doesn't have dependable receivers like Crabtree, Boldin and Davis.

The panty-waisted whiners 20, Carolina 13

49ers

Reaction score
I came here to read about Seattle.

I was confident about a 49ers win on Monday.

Now that everyone and their mom is pumping them up, I'm not so sure.

On the Seahawks/Saints side, the only way I see a Saints victory is if they can quiet the crowd down immediately when it starts to get noisy.

Do you guys fear for the Seahawks offense vs one of the best defenses in the league?

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
49ers":171v7eqb said:
I came here to read about Seattle.

I was confident about a 49ers win on Monday.

Now that everyone and their mom is pumping them up, I'm not so sure.

On the Seahawks/Saints side, the only way I see a Saints victory is if they can quiet the crowd down immediately when it starts to get noisy.

Do you guys fear for the Seahawks offense vs one of the best defenses in the league?

Good thing they don't face one of the best defenses in this league in this round. At least not the current (injured) version of it.

Penman96

Reaction score
Thanks for the motivation Hoge - sure that will get posted in the locker room.

Seriously, the Saints finished the last 5 regular season games with a 2-3 record, including a home win against the Bucs. They managed not to lose against a crap home team last week, so I'll give 'em that. But it doesn't change the fact they are not playing that well over the last few weeks. Brees sucked last week, their running game saved them. It won't save them here.

The Saints are going to get their asses handed to them tomorrow - no doubt about that. I just hope people in the media keep disrespecting, it just fuels the fire.

(for the record, we will play the Panthers next...)

Penman96

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2wuz3pfb said:
Hawkboi":2wuz3pfb said:

Exactly - give him enough darts he will eventually get a bullseye

plyka

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3vw13i1n said:
Well, he did correctly pick the Cards over the Hawks earlier.

I think he's pretty much picked against the Hawks for the last month as another poster mentioned. A broken clock is right twice per day as they say.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I don't think we're guaranteed a win with our offensive struggles lately. I'd say it's more like 80% chance.

Really surprising to see so many pick 49ers to win against Panthers when it's 10AM on the road for them. Can't really wrap my head around that seems like that one should be more of a toss up to me but I'd give the 49ers maybe a 55-60% chance.

13thMan

Reaction score
Tokadub":3ie8dm7y said:
I don't think we're guaranteed a win with our offensive struggles lately. I'd say it's more like 80% chance.

Really surprising to see so many pick 49ers to win against Panthers when it's 10AM on the road for them. Can't really wrap my head around that seems like that one should be more of a toss up to me but I'd give the 49ers maybe a 55-60% chance.

Agree... if the offense is sluggish, it might leave the door open for an improbably Saints victory. If they get up early and take the crowd out, same thing... Hopefully we start fast...

As for the other NFC matchup... Don't think you can point to the 10AM start as a disadvantage based on their record in those games... but maybe they're due?

Here's to a fun weekend upcoming!

Latest posts