Weather in Charlotte Sunday

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FearTheBlitz":2jcf7s24 said:
High winds forecast for Sunday's game now. Cold front will be moving through around kick off...

Against Minnesota, I was worried about the weather being an equalizer for the Vikings, in other words, Seattle was clearly the better team and bad weather (like the extreme cold) could be a weird X factor that evens things out.

Turned out to be kind of true. The cold neutralized our potent offense and allowed the Vikings to keep it very close.

Against Carolina, with two fairly even teams, not so sure its as big of a concern. These two teams mirror each other in a lot of ways, so poor weather, if it comes, may hurt or help either team.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkpower":254j3gt7 said:
FearTheBlitz":254j3gt7 said:
High winds forecast for Sunday's game now. Cold front will be moving through around kick off...

Against Minnesota, I was worried about the weather being an equalizer for the Vikings, in other words, Seattle was clearly the better team and bad weather (like the extreme cold) could be a weird X factor that evens things out.

Turned out to be kind of true. The cold neutralized our potent offense and allowed the Vikings to keep it very close.

Against Carolina, with two fairly even teams, not so sure its as big of a concern. These two teams mirror each other in a lot of ways, so poor weather, if it comes, may hurt or help either team.

Weather or no weather, these teams are fairly evenly matched, even having the same styles.

It's going to come down to whoever makes the least mistakes.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NWS at this moment says "Mostly sunny, high of 48 but as Scottemojo said a forecast this far out is a crapshoot. By Thursday or Friday we'll likely have a good idea of the real weather.

acbass

Reaction score
I lived in Minneapolis the last 3 years. I moved to Spartanburg, SC about 8 months ago. It's about an hour south of Charlotte and where the Panthers hold training camp. I can tell you the wether here can never be as bad as an average day in Minneapolis. Thank God...

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
Something to watch with the weather... The GFS model is hinting at either some rain or snow for sunday in the charlotte area.... It has a little system coming out of the south into the area. I know we are still a long ways out until game day..

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As long as it's above 10 degrees and not a lot of wind, I like our chances.

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
Aros":1amnjiwx said:
As long as it's above 10 degrees and not a lot of wind, I like our chances.

Well there is a cold front coming through on Saturday and a good chance we will see winds like we are seeing right now. They are around 15-30 mph right now...

RussB

Reaction score
i dont care what type of weather it is in carolina. it wont be worse than the wild card game.

DeeHawks

Reaction score
francois.nc":2x8l2ue2 said:
The local forecast I have seen is for Cats eating Birds on Sunday. You aren't back home in Kansas Dorothy, RW better click his heels together and hope and pray it is just a dream.
The weather isn't going to matter after that last game we played.
Oh and the only "birds" your cats are going to be eating is CROW...!! :lol:

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
Some of you are saying weather doesn't matter for this game... Well it does because our field this time of year sucks when it rains... They did redo it over the pass week.. Guess that happens when you play on *real* grass and not field turf... Right now it's looking like high's close to around 38 to 42... Maybe some rain or snow for Sunday morning.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
FearTheBlitz":2aj3zct3 said:
Right now it's looking like high's close to around 38 to 42... Maybe some rain or snow for Sunday morning.

Sounds an awful lot like a Seattle forecast for this time of year.

peppersjap

Reaction score
FearTheBlitz":2217lgu0 said:
Some of you are saying weather doesn't matter for this game... Well it does because our field this time of year sucks when it rains... They did redo it over the pass week.. Guess that happens when you play on *real* grass and not field turf... Right now it's looking like high's close to around 38 to 42... Maybe some rain or snow for Sunday morning.
It sounds like you are trying to say we are a warm weather city and the weather might effect us? We played in Minnesota in the worst possible conditions, whatever we face in Carolina will be no worse than what we normally face in Seattle. During the winter it is usually in the upper 30's, rainy and quite often windy. Playing in snow is nothing like playing at a -27 degree wind chill factor. I think the team that plays better on Sunday will win, weather will have very little effect on the outcome. Unlike what happened in Minnesota.

Wartooth

Reaction score
12:00 pm 42 °F 38 °F 30 °F 61% Overcast Overcast 20% 0 in 7 mph NW 85% 29.94in
1:00 pm 43 °F 39 °F 30 °F 58% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 10% 0 in 8 mph WNW 35% 29.92in
2:00 pm 44 °F 40 °F 28 °F 54% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 2% 0 in 7 mph WSW 38% 29.91in
3:00 pm 45 °F 40 °F 28 °F 52% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 2% 0 in 10 mph W 44% 29.89in
4:00 pm 44 °F 39 °F 27 °F 51% Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy 2% 0 in 10 mph W 45% 29.88in

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
41-43 sunday with high winds as of right now. Coming from our local news here. Not the weather channel or any other major weather sites... Winds could be 15-30 mph at times...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
FearTheBlitz":nzz8qauh said:
41-43 sunday with high winds as of right now. Coming from our local news here. Not the weather channel or any other major weather sites... Winds could be 15-30 mph at times...

Gonna feel like Maui to the Hawks.

muxpux

Reaction score
Where are you guys getting this high wind crap from? This is from the NWS who has not mentioned all week anything about winds being more than a gentle breeze

Sunday
A chance of rain and snow before 10am, then a chance of rain between 10am and 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. North northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
muxpux":3lp656zs said:
Where are you guys getting this high wind crap from? This is from the NWS who has not mentioned all week anything about winds being more than a gentle breeze

Sunday
A chance of rain and snow before 10am, then a chance of rain between 10am and 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. North northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sounds like the op is insinuating that the Seahawks should be intimidated by the weather while remaining completely oblivious to the fact that they are describing Seattle weather and ultimately ignoring the conditions that the team just played in less than a week ago.

FearTheBlitz

Reaction score
muxpux":1us566jr said:

Sunday

Local weather not the nws... One thing we learn here in the Charlotte area don't listen to the nws. That office is over a hour away from charlotte and they get our weather wrong 99% of the time...

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Sounds like it might be a little wet for the game. Running game here we go! Thank goodness Lynch most likely will be back!

Latest posts