We need a LB ??

Chawker

Reaction score
Who do you like and using which pick do you use to get him ?

I still like Trenton Simpson, 4.43 speed, good size, can play outside as well as the Middle. It would require our # 20th pick.

Daiyan Henley LB just as good as Simpson but can be had at #37 . The trouble with this is, this is where I'd like to see us take Skinner SS .

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I like Jack Campbell and To'oto'to. I really dislike Noah Sewell.

Chevy

Reaction score
Who do you like and using which pick do you use to get him ?

I still like Trenton Simpson, 4.43 speed, good size, can play outside as well as the Middle. It would require our # 20th pick.

Daiyan Henley LB just as good as Simpson but can be had at #37 . The trouble with this is, this is where I'd like to see us take Skinner SS .
Simpson is just an athlete, one of the most overrated players in the draft. Let the Cardinals draft him, they love athletes at LB that are more athletes than football players. This is a horrible year for LBs in the draft.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Simpson is a player that I researched a lot one thing that was surprising was how good of an athlete he was he wasn’t very productive which I have seen with Clemson players maybe it’s the player maybe the system. One thing that I noticed was how often they had Simpson in pass coverage covering the slot receiver

I could see a team use him that has an imaginative D coordinator

James in PA

Reaction score
Sanders has alot of missed tackles, think of him like a Barton2.0.
You just punched me in the gut with that comparison! I don't see that. Sanders always seems to be around the ball. Cody always seems to be running in the opposite direction.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
You just punched me in the gut with that comparison! I don't see that. Sanders always seems to be around the ball. Cody always seems to be running in the opposite direction.

Sanders has some very ugly warts to his game. He misses tackles, is weak to disengage, and sometimes can be fooled badly in run fits. I like him but I don't love him. Dude is talented but has plenty to learn.

But he offers major upside as opposed to Jack Campbell who I think is the most natural LB in this class. He just doesn't run the fastest. Our defense does need someone that can take on and shed blockers though.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
It looks like they like Daiyan Henley a lot. they have already met with him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I like Jack Campbell and To'oto'to. I really dislike Noah Sewell.
Pop in the Oregon St tape, and you will see some of the worst LB play ever from Noah. Guy looked lost the entire second half. Keith Brown looked 2x better than Sewell did all year, when he started in place of him vs UNC. A team with a top 2 pick at QB, and a RB that will be a 2nd day pick.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Sorry James, but his rate of missed trackles are too high for me.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If we're going for a developmental off-ball LB then I like Trenton Simpson far more than Drew Sanders. Sanders is just a pass rusher right now, albeit a good one with 39 pressures and 11 sacks last season. He missed way too many tackles (20%) and teams completed 22 of 27 passes versus him in coverage. Simpson is smaller but was decent as a tackler, decent in coverage, and more athletic.

If we're looking for a LB who can play in September then my top five are Campbell, To'oTo'o, Henley, Simpson, and Overshown.

My favorite development prospect is Herbig. He was one of the best pass rushers last season and probably needs to transition to off-ball LB due to his size in the NFL, but he has all the tools to do so. Herbig had 25 bench reps with a 1.59s 10-yard split at 6'2" 240lbs and I like his potential to develop into a physical player on an NFL roster.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
Not hearing him mentioned much, but I do like his tape..later rounds

SirVocea Dennis
I've seen his name on here a few times. I also think a late round ILB and free agent ILB is a better value than a 1st or 2nd round ILB in this draft. And heck no to bringing back Bobby Wagner, unless he wants to be a coach.

Last edited: