We are not winning th SB, but......

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
We are a solid team that has exceeded expectations. I know that I have become spoiled by great teams over the last 8 years and it is easy to complain and say we suck now, but it isn’t true. We won 11 games and made it to the playoffs on Wilson, guts, determination, and a measure of luck. Who among us would trade where we are now with almost any period in our history before Pete? Remember, the question is any period. Not any single year.

knownone

Reaction score
I appreciate the sentiment, but whose expectations have we exceeded? Going into the year most of us thought this was a 10+ win team. If anything, the defense has fallen well below my expectations.

John63

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":30p2e7qo said:
We are a solid team that has exceeded expectations. I know that I have become spoiled by great teams over the last 8 years and it is easy to complain and say we suck now, but it isn’t true. We won 11 games and made it to the playoffs on Wilson, guts, determination, and a measure of luck. Who among us would trade where we are now with almost any period in our history before Pete? Remember, the question is any period. Not any single year.

so you want to compare were we are his season to a period of time. Yeah not working you want to compare were we are this season to any season before PC fine. But you cant compare a single season to a period of time, that is revisionist.

FYI also glad your happy with this year and not winning a SB...again, and if it happens next year you will be fine and so on. Some here want the SB, that is what the goal should be. We could have been better and had a shoot and injuries is not the biggest reason we don't. Pig headed coaching is.

justafan

Reaction score
John63":y9zr86ob said:
Norcalhawklover":y9zr86ob said:

so you want to compare were we are his season to a period of time. Yeah not working you want to compare were we are this season to any season before PC fine. But you cant compare a single season to a period of time, that is revisionist.

FYI also glad your happy with this year and not winning a SB...again, and if it happens next year you will be fine and so on. Some here want the SB, that is what the goal should be. We could have been better and had a shoot and injuries is not the biggest reason we don't. Pig headed coaching is.

The same thing that won Super Bowls 40 years ago is still a winning combo. A top end QB,running the ball,timely big plays, one of the better Ds and the plus side of turnovers. Every SB team needs a heavy dose of luck on top of that.

We all want SBs but most realize its lightening in a bottle. We arent entitled to it and have no right to expect them.

We have a winning culture and a top end QB. Next year we will add 10 to 20 new players and its a whole new year. After we run the table this year of course.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I thought we were a 10-11 win team at the start of this year, but after beating the Rams and the 9ers and getting to 10-2, I wondered if this might be a special season where everything fell into place. Sadly, the last 3 weeks, the wheels came off the bus with all these injuries. Still a good season (and not over yet).