Washington v. Alabama

HawkGA

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2nhzceo9 said:
The SEC has looked just as bad. WSU doesn't really count.

What kind of sample size we looking at for each conference so far?

WSU for the PAC-12

Vanderbilt and Texas A&M for the SEC?

Yes, I could look it up but that is just off the top of my head. All losses in those cases, I believe.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Utah barely beat Indiana.

Honestly, I don't think these lower-tier bowl games mean much. When I watch them, I don't feel like the teams are all that competitive. It's almost as if they don't really care to be there, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for a lot of them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1pi8jf77 said:

Honestly, I don't think these lower-tier bowl games mean much. When I watch them, I don't feel like the teams are all that competitive. It's almost as if they don't really care to be there, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case for a lot of them.

Right, if USC got blown out by Penn State in the Rose Bowl, then I'd be worried.

But WSU and Utah looking like crap in the Who Care's Bowl is not a good measuring stick.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
fenderbender123":31euqf9d said:

I don't know, going off of another thread that Sun Bowl sure appears to be illustrious.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2g70hu6n said:

IU is not a weak chump.I watched them give Ohio State a good scare.Some good players have came out of IU in last few years..The thing is basketball,they live in the Bobby Knight years when they should put the focus more on football

Largent80

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3kg2wv6g said:
I love you guys thinking UW has a chance. It's going to be glorious when they get curb stomped.

I don't understand why you want this, c'mon, you are a Oregon Homer, but why wouldn't you want to see Alabama get beat. It's weird dude, you need to chillilax.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2i369cxz said:
I love you guys thinking UW has a chance. It's going to be glorious when they get curb stomped.

:179417:

The one time USC fans and Oregon fans may co exist in harmony.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Largent80":rx55hnpi said:
JSeahawks":rx55hnpi said:

I don't understand why you want this, c'mon, you are a Oregon Homer, but why wouldn't you want to see Alabama get beat. It's weird dude, you need to chillilax.

If you were an Oregon fan and had to deal with Washington fans you would understand. I actually like Chris pederson and I like a lot if the husky players, but no way in hell do I want husky fans to win a championship. They're already the most arrogant fans in sports.

And I'm not talking about the husky fans here, I actually enjoy most of you. I'm talking about husky fans on duck, cougar and husky message boards.

HawkGA

Reaction score
fenderbender123":fya74xzm said:

Colorado not exactly representing tonight. And Arkansas lost too.

I will say, I think Alabama is all world this season but hte SEC outside of them has pretty much sucked.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ei3k9cd said:
JSeahawks":2ei3k9cd said:

The jealousy is strong with our conference brethren.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":30fxngon said:
Largent80":30fxngon said:
JSeahawks":30fxngon said:

If you were an Oregon fan and had to deal with Washington fans you would understand. I actually like Chris pederson and I like a lot if the husky players, but no way in hell do I want husky fans to win a championship. They're already the most arrogant fans in sports.

And I'm not talking about the husky fans here, I actually enjoy most of you. I'm talking about husky fans on duck, cougar and husky message boards.

This. I rooted against Oregon in every single game for over a decade now. Hating your rivals is more fun and meaningful in CFB because at the very least you don't want them to attract the good recruits.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Michigan must be really bad then, because they gave up a bunch of points to this Colorado team, and might have lost the game if they hadn't injured their starting QB. And Michigan almost beat Ohio State as well if it weren't for some questionable officiating...so Ohio State must also be garbage.

Or...maybe....it's just lower-tier bowl season and there's not a lot to learn from it :)

cesame

Reaction score
Honestly these two teams aren't even close. Alabama is going to own the line of scrimmage in this game on both sides of the ball. Browning is a timing QB and Alabama will be interrupting that timing all game long. Pound the rock on Alabama? Yeah... go ahead and try.

UW fans need to be honest with themselves and realize they took advantage of a down season in the PAC 12. It was the weakest the conference has been in recent memory.

cesame

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2q1m8q3v said:

That's because Utah didn't beat a quality team all season long. They're not good.

They also lost to both Cal and Oregon, arguably the two worst defenses in the country.

Once again, Utah is not that good.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
cesame":28igd9gw said:
UW fans need to be honest with themselves and realize they took advantage of a down season in the PAC 12.

Why?

I mean does it help you get through telling Husky fans not to be excited they are playing in a national semi final?

I don't think anyone has any doubts about how good Alabama are... Shouldn't mean they can't enjoy the build up

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
fenderbender123":fbp7ry0d said:
Hasselbeck":fbp7ry0d said:
JSeahawks":fbp7ry0d said:

The jealousy is strong with our conference brethren.

Nah.

Rn california clay helton press conference 850x543

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
cesame":hi7c8642 said:
UW fans need to be honest with themselves and realize they took advantage of a down season in the PAC 12. It was the weakest the conference has been in recent memory.

I think it says a lot that arguably the best team in the PAC 12 as of today, lost to Alabama by 49 points.

So yeah.. good luck Huskies!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
As a casual college football fan, I agree with Z. I'm expecting it to be damn near unwatchable. But while I'm not watching it, my DVR will be, and will either watch or delete depending on the outcome. Pretty sure I'll be deleting it and will most likely never see a snap. See the beginning of my post... "Casual" college football fan.... Total fair-weather fan, right there next to the M's... Seahawks are my only all-weather team...